Shenandoah National Park Travel Answers

change location

Need Advice!

by lsuchamp Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 9:28 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Shenandoah in April of this year. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend while we are there and am looking for a romantic spot that won't necessarily be that busy. A waterfall that is nice but not as popular would be ideal, but any help or advice would be appreciated... Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Easty's Profile Photo

Re: Need Advice!

by Easty Online Now Jan 20, 2004 at 2:23 PM

The main attraction of Shenandoah National Park are the nice vistas that overlook the surrounding valleys. There are waterfalls in the park, but you would have to hike to see them. There shouldn't be too many people in the park during April.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Need Advice!

by lsuchamp Online Now Jan 21, 2004 at 12:45 PM

Thanks for your help, I think I am shying away from a long hike since it will be cold at ground may still have ice. Any recommendations for good lookouts

• Dlee's Profile Photo

Re: Need Advice!

by Dlee Online Now Jan 25, 2004 at 8:37 AM

This is not in Shenandoah but you have to go to Great Falls VA. Great place. If you want romantice look into coming to Harpers Ferry WV. Just over the line, next to VA and MD. Look up Harpers Ferry on the web. You can see what I mean. And se don't have that many people coming this way. Not that busy. Very pretty.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines