Sheffield Travel Answers

change location
suparna's Profile Photo

Europe tour planning

by suparna Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 1:42 PM

Hi friends, My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 1st Anniversary by an Europe tour (duration 18th Mar - 29th Mar, 05). Presently we are residing at Sheffield. We intend to cover Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France. Our budget for the tour is £ 1000.00 inclusive of visa and all other charges & taxes. We need your help in deciding the following: 1) The best itinerary within this budget. 2) The modes of travel we can avail and their contact points for making such bookings. 4) The contact points in the respective cities that we can contact for hotels & city tours. 5) The most dependable Schengen Visa Agent in Sheffield whom we can approach. We thank you in advance for your time and hope to draw up a memorable tour plan. Best regards Suparna

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Ken-out-of-Bath's Profile Photo

Re: Europe tour planning

by Ken-out-of-Bath Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 4:07 PM

If you book a flight from, say London to Warsaw with KLM, you would need to go via Amsterdam. You can have up to 24 hours in Amsterdam and pay no extra for your flight. So now you have seen 2 cities for the price of one, having one night in Amsterdam. Now, if you were to use the "Star Alliance" www.staralliance.com you could fly out to one place with, say Austrian airways (giving you 24 hours in Vienna) and back with Lufthansa (giving you 24 hours in Berlin). Three cities for the price of one! Is this clear? Either way airline companies don't want to lose out against the companies that fly direct so the price is usually about the same with stop overs. Good luck! Ken

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Europe tour planning

by christine.j Online Now Feb 1, 2005 at 1:12 AM

Hi, apart from flying you can also consider taking night trains.This would save you a night in a hotel.There is a very good one, the city night line,which has specials offers starting from 29 Euro. Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna and Zurich are some of the destinations. The website is www.citynightline.ch I didn't find a link to an English version, however. You can check www.bahn.de then click on "international guests" then enter" night train" in the space "kontakt" and click on "search" You then get information in English. Concerning visa: Switzerland is not part of the Schengen area, if you want to go there you have to find out about a Swiss visa. I hope this helps a bit. Christine

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines