change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Evening entertainment

by jv666 Online Now Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41 AM

Hi,

we have just returned from our 1st trip to sharm, staying at the coral sea holiday village.
      It was an amazing holiday but the only thing it lacked was adult entertainment in the evenings, i.e. professional shows etc.
      Can anyone tell me if there are any all inclusive hotels in sharm were they do have good evening entertainment so you don't have to venture out of the hotel.

Thanks

more

Near Sharm El Sheikh

• Evening entertainment

by jv666 Online Now Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41 AM

Hi,

we have just returned from our 1st trip to sharm, staying at the coral sea holiday village.
      It was an amazing holiday but the only thing it lacked was adult entertainment in the evenings, i.e. professional shows etc.
      Can anyone tell me if there are any all inclusive hotels in sharm were they do have good evening entertainment so you don't have to venture out of the hotel.

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 19, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    • Visiting Sharm in June 2015

by KelvinM1234 Online Now Apr 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hi Folks I am new to the forum and have had a look around and decided to join up.

I am travelling to Sharm el Sheikh in June 2015 with my partner, her child and her childs friend.

I have a few questions regarding the weather, medical facilities and general hospitality currency etc.

I understand the temperature will be 38 degrees if not higher, is there any advice on avoiding the sun midday etc and keeping hydrated?

I also hope that during our stay none of us have to use the medical facilities within sharm but if this is the case are they of a good standard?

Also I have heard differences in opinion of what currency to use US Dollars/Egyptian pound/English pound what is the best one to use?

Also due to the ongoing conflict which I understand is thousands of miles away I take it the sharm el sheikh resort is under tight security?

And lastly I am staying at the Tirana aqua park hotel has anyone used this hotel before? it seemed to have good reviews on trip advisor etc and had an aqua park hence the reason we booked it

Apologies for all of the questions just a bit apprehensive as it's my first visit to Sharm and it looks fantastic and I can't wait to holiday here!

8 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • sharm in may

by debsm1 Online Now Mar 31, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Hi, can you tell me what sharm is like in May? Is it full of Russians and can you recommend a good all inclusive hotel for couples. Thank you :)

1 Answer Apr 1, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    • Going to Sharm in a a week

by ItsSaad Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I'm going to Sharm with my family in a week. what restaurants do you recommend? where should we go or visit? i was in the Sharm 7 years ago. have many things changed since then? Are there good decent bars?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • Tipping / gratuities.

by Antonski Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM

We have a recent trip to Egypt coming up, Sharm el Sheikh and Cairo.
      Can anyone advise on acceptable amounts to tip in Bars / Hotels / Restaurants, also excursion guides and transfer drivers.
      We don't want to offend by giving too little, and don't want to be excessive either.
      Many thanks.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • Beckylloyd's Profile Photo

Could someone tell me please

by Beckylloyd Online Now Feb 19, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Hello! Me and my boyfriend are planning on booking a holiday on Tuesday to go to sharm el sheikh in May 2015 but iv hered loads of horror stories and been reading loads about it and I'm worried. But I really want to go I just want to know wat it's like ther and will We be safe, also would be be aloud to go anywer like to see the pyramids and all that stuff like all the musiums without anything happening. Could someone tell me please before I book. Thanks

42 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM
    • passport validity

by AngelaL28 Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Hi. I booked a last min holiday to sharm for me n my daughter due to leave in 2 days. I know i should have researched.. but found out passport has to be valid for 6 months after date entering... which is 19.2 15 and daughters expires 16.8.15.. 3 days less than the 6 mth rule... now i plan to travel and hope firstly they let me on the plane and secondly that she may be allowed in.. as its only 3 days..
      Please could someone advise if this may be unwise.. will they let her in.. will we get sent back?? How we supposed to get back if our flight bk is 14 days later?? Hol cost all i had and really want to take her but v worried.. please reason for constructive advice.. not just "dont go" thanks all x

10 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • Sharm el sheikh safety

by Ckeeley91 Online Now Feb 16, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Hi I'm travelling to sharm el sheikh on Thursday (19th feb 15) it's the first time travelling with my little boy so I'm nervous anyway, but I just wanted to no how safe it is, as there is a lot going on atm. Also any advice or feedback of anyone out there or who has been recently would be appreciated. I just need a bit of reassurance and to know I'm not putting my family at risk.

10 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 3:52 AM
    • worried about travelling to Sharm

by jones5034 Online Now Jan 30, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Hi, I have just booked on Sunday to go to Sharm El Sheikh with my family and 2 young children in June 2015, in light of the militant trouble that happened yesterday im a bit worried about going? I am over reacting or is this something I should be worried about??

7 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM
    • Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh, is it safe?

by Cjkanes Online Now Jan 29, 2015 at 6:32 AM

I'm hoping to travel to sharm el sheikh 2nd wk of February, haven't booked it yet as my well traveled mother would rather I didn't due to all the trouble over there at the moment???Is it safe and is there anything I can do to stop her worrying???? Alternatively any other ideas of other places round the world with the same sort of heat and price???PLEASE HELP,,,,;-)

7 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    • club sea resort

by darrenreid93 Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 11:07 AM

This is myself and my girlfriends first time visiting egypt. Just wondering if the club sea resort is in a good location, and if the hotel/resort is as good as it sounds. very excited, any information would be appreciated, thanks.

2 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    • visa cost ?

by paddock4x4x4x4 Online Now Jan 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM

anyone know the £ sterling price for the Egypt visa please

6 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 7:34 AM
    • Area outwith hotel complex.

by k8ctf Online Now Jan 17, 2015 at 9:55 AM

We are shortly going to the Jaz Mirabel Park in Nabq Bay for a week and wondered if there is anything to do immediately outwith the complex within walkable distance - shops, bars, restaurants etc.

2 Answers Jan 17, 2015 at 1:59 PM
    • What area is best for somewhere a bit quieter

by Stephanie59 Online Now Jan 9, 2015 at 9:46 AM

I am looking for somewhere quieter, not full of nightclubs etc, with little bit of tradition. Not too small but equally not too large. Preferably not full of children either. Good beach on site and some snorkelling of course. Was told about Dahab, does this fit what i'm looking for?

5 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • Traveling alone to sharm El shikh .. Any one can spend time with me

by IbrahimE2 Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Anybody here is traveling to sharm elshikh between 29dec2014 to 20 jan 2015 .. We can spend the time with each other
      Hate to be alone

1 Answer Dec 22, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • Amwaj Oyoun Resort & Spa

by susilou Online Now Dec 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hi everyone! I will visiting Sharm El Sheikh for the first time in February. Was just wondering if anyone has stayed at this resort and if there was anything to do or see close by like glass bottom boats and camel rides? Is it easy to do day trips if not? Thank you!

1 Answer Dec 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Banks and ATM machines

by ElaineB24 Online Now Nov 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are staying at Iberohotel 11 Mercatto in Sharm el Sheikh could any one tell us if there are ATM's or Banks near there please. Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • yesitaly's Profile Photo

How about the Weather middle of December in Sharm El Sheikh ?

by yesitaly Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 3:53 AM

CIAO !
      With other 3 more Friends we wish to go to Sharm about middle of December,how is generally the weather there,it is possible to Bath and to take some Sun or it will be already too late middle of December ?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM
    • Places to visit in Sharm

by shuana91 Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Hi
      I will be travelling to Sharm in December with my husband and child of 4 months for the first time. We will be staying at the Grand plaza hotel. We will be staying for a week.I just wanted to know what are best places to visit in Sharm? We would like to visit all sorts of places like deserts, shopping, parks etc. Is there any restaurants you would recommend for couples? Any other information that will be useful to me please do add.
      Many thanks in advance.
      Shuana

1 Answer Nov 26, 2014 at 1:43 AM
    • OAPDave's Profile Photo

Old town directions

by OAPDave Online Now Oct 16, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Hello,
      Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who has taken the trouble to reply to my questions it is greatly appreciated.
      Could someone tell me where 'Old Town' is please? Is it near Soho Square and is there anywhere I can get a map to get my bearings?
      Yours sincerely,
      Dave

4 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Orfi marriage

by Lovinghols Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I came last year to sharm and I stayed with a friend so he said had to get an orfi to do so, there was no sexual intent as we didn't do that it was just pure friendship, he kept the papers and didn't give one to me, now I'm worried as I'm coming back in November to stay with my boyfriend we have been dating for 9months this is my first trip back to see him, and he says that we need an orfi, this doesn't surprise me after last time, but I'm worried that the one I got last year can prevent this from happening

4 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Tea and Coffee

by OAPDave Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Thank you to all that have responded to previous questions. One final one, if I drink tea/coffee in the hotel I presume this is made with boiled tap water, is this safe to drink or should I make my own using bottled water.
      Yours sincerely,
      Dave

5 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Drinking the water in Sharm el Sheik

by OAPDave Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM

If I boil the tap water first is it ok to drink or maybe use purifying tablets instead or as well as? Dave

5 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • Naqb bay El s

by Userleigh Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hello i will be travelling to sharm for 2 weeks in November to the cleopatra luxury resort in naqb bay it's going to be my first holiday in eygpt has anybody been in naqb bay or the hotel

3 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM

First visit

by OAPDave Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Hello, I am a OAP visiting Sharm in November for the first time, I'm thinking of staying at the Nubian Island hotel 'all inclusive' and wondered if this is suitable as I'd like to relax without a lot of noise. Also, which of the local drinks are best to keep to.

How far is this hotel from Nabq Bay, Soho Square, Mercato Shopping Arcade and what are the best things to see and do. Also, I'm worried about what to eat and drink to avoid an upset stomach. Yours sincerely, Dave

10 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • The best of it all

by Jimbo_83 Online Now Oct 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi, going on the 1st of November for 7 nights, will be booking in the next 2 weeks.

Have never been so would like to know where I should book for all inclusive and are there any white sandy beaches and if so then where?

Had a colleague who stayed at the rixos and paid a bit more for a better room and restaurant upgrade. Would this be recommended.

Been a long year so just want to lie on the beach, am hoping for clear blue water and white sand, is this possible?

Many thanks

James

9 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    • HOW FAR FROM HOTEL

by MexicoMiss Online Now Oct 1, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Possibly going to Sultan Gardens Resort in February 2015, wish to go horse-riding with Mangroovy Horse Riding Stables, how far is it from said hotel, and honest opinions on both, please.

5 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Hotels with best beaches

by SeeSee Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Sorry, another question :-)

We've been to a few hotels in Sharm before & found that none have very nice beaches. Is there a specific hotel that does have a very nice beach with white sand/clear blue waters?

2 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • New hotels

by SeeSee Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I was looking at a really nice hotel last year & the one thing that i can remember about it is that it was newly built. If that was that year (2013) or recently (within last couple of years) I don't know.

Could someone list me some of the nicer hotels that have been built over the last 3-4 years or is that basically half of the hotels in the area?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • currency in Sharm

by NarelleL Online Now Sep 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM

good evening guys ... can you tell me the best thing to do regarding currency ... people say take us dollars others say english ... few say Egyptian pounds?

4 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 4:53 AM