Sharm El Sheikh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sharm holiday

by annependle Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Looking to stay at savoy on all inclusive is it worth booking it before we travel or cheaper in resort.

more
    • Going alone to sharm el sheikh on july !!

by LoayZ Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM

i am going alone to sharm el sheikh in july , so i am guessing if i am going to have fun because i am alone ,, and if i can meet peole where is the best place to meet people ? thanks

more
    • how safe to travel now?

by Yiola Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Is it safe to go with my famly? I am travelling this week !!

more
    • is it safe to travel to sharm

by vicki221 Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Hi my husband wants to go to sharm but im a bit put off with everything going on especially as im going to be travelling with 4children also my parents have been twice and both occasions they got food poisoning is this just serious bad luck or is the food bad

more
    • Worried about money !

by LoayZ Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM

hey,, is 600$ enough for 8 days ? i am going in 4 days !! thanks

more
    • So worried about holiday

by Worried1 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Booked last minute and paid for holiday but have now researched on Internet and am worried we will be like prisoners in hotel cos of security and recommended no go areas. Too late to cancel and should be looking forward to a week away but am in fact almost dreading it. Any advice from anybody in a similar situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

more

Near Sharm El Sheikh

• sharm holiday

by annependle Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Looking to stay at savoy on all inclusive is it worth booking it before we travel or cheaper in resort.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • how safe to travel now?

by Yiola Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Is it safe to go with my famly? I am travelling this week !!

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • Worried about money !

by LoayZ Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM

hey,, is 600$ enough for 8 days ? i am going in 4 days !! thanks

6 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    • So worried about holiday

by Worried1 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Booked last minute and paid for holiday but have now researched on Internet and am worried we will be like prisoners in hotel cos of security and recommended no go areas. Too late to cancel and should be looking forward to a week away but am in fact almost dreading it. Any advice from anybody in a similar situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

6 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • Going alone to sharm el sheikh on july !!

by LoayZ Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM

i am going alone to sharm el sheikh in july , so i am guessing if i am going to have fun because i am alone ,, and if i can meet peole where is the best place to meet people ? thanks

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • is it safe to travel to sharm

by vicki221 Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Hi my husband wants to go to sharm but im a bit put off with everything going on especially as im going to be travelling with 4children also my parents have been twice and both occasions they got food poisoning is this just serious bad luck or is the food bad

5 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Sharm el sheikh sea club aqua park resort

by Wlg217 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Hi I've book for Xmas for my family and 3 kids and was just wondering if any body has been there and what's it like, and if the area is safe and if you can leave the resort go to bars etc or will we have to stay in the resort,
      And what currency will I need
      Thanks

8 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM
    • janandgav's Profile Photo

Which currency should we take to Sharm

by janandgav Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 3:22 AM

We are going on holiday to Sharm at the beginning of July and we were planning to take Egyptian Pounds but we have been told to take Euros or English Sterling as these are widely accepted and preferred. Any help would be useful. Thanks

13 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • family outing

by ramyshwaiter Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM

what can we do as a family with a 4 year old boy tonight?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    • Sharm El Sheikh

by anban2210 Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Is it safe at the moment to visit sharm?

7 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    • October 2014- will it be busy?

by LucyandLeon Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Hi all, thinking of going to Sharm eh Sheikh in Sept/Oct time this year but not sure if it will still be busy. Me and my partner like making friends and meeting new people and a busy lively atmosphere so would like to hear from anybody that has been or is going and is it busy of a night? We wanted to stay in Naama Bay near all the nightlife?

thanks so much

3 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    • Car and Driver service in Sharm el Sheikh

by drc555 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM

We are a group of 8 arriving in Sharm and want to hire a reliable van and driver to take us fromthe port to the beach, some shopping and back to the ship. Any recommendations?

5 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • walking distance

by kirkbygal.com Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM

how far are the hilton apartments away from the main hotel building?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Jaz Belvedere location

by t89 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Hi

we are looking at the Jaz Belvedere hotel at Montaza Beach.

it looks a small way out of sharm, I just want to know if there are any bars or shops at all near by or is it all a drive away

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    • Bus trip from Sharm to Jerusalem

by LubosN Online Now May 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Hi, we will come to Sharm in the end of June for 2 weeks, and would like to do a bus trip from Sharm to Jerusalem.. Do you have any experience? Do they do this trip now or not ( situation in North Sinai)? Which agency to book the trip with?

4 Answers May 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    • Security in St. Catherine monastery / Sharm El Sheikh overall

by Erik93 Online Now May 17, 2014 at 6:31 AM

We are thinking of booking a holiday this summer to Sharm El Sheikh in Hotel Amway Oyoun and we'd love to visit St. Catherine's monastery but we are a bit intimidated by the bombing that happened in February, does anyone know if there are additional security measurements there now to make a trip like that safe enough? Or should we just stay at the resort?

7 Answers May 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • sharm in novembef

by newkidontheblock Online Now May 12, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi there. New to the forum. I turn 50 in november and was looking at booking sharm for a bit of winter sun. Will it be busy then as i dont want anything to quiet. Also can you go out and about at night ie to bars restuarants. Finally what is the main tourist area in sharm. Thanks in advance

1 Answer May 12, 2014 at 3:37 AM
    • sa_aucott's Profile Photo

staying in a hotel room with my Egyptian boyfriend?

by sa_aucott Online Now May 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM

i live here in Alexandria with my Egyptian boyfriend in the eyes of god in islam we are married as we announced it public-ally and signed papers which i believe is called an orfi or urfi. anyway we wish to go to sharm for a holiday and are informed this could be a problem?! do you have any advice or perhaps any hotels that you may know of that except Egyptian and british couples with or without the urfi papers thanks.

3 Answers May 6, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Snorkeling in front the hotel

by Anajure Online Now May 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Hello!

Can you tell me how is snorkeling at housereef in front the Sharm Plaza hotel, Grand hotel Sharm el Sheikh or Savita (Siva Sharm) hotel in comparison to housereef in front Iberotel Fanara hotel (I was there five years ago)? Is end of June a good time for snorkeling?

Thanks a lot

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    • Is it busy?

by MarkH86 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hi, i was just wondering how busy it is going to be as me and my girlfriend are going to Sharm in June and have been told that it is virtually dead everywhere. Is this true?...

Also, is there anything we need to be aware when we are visiting Sharm, safety, hygiene, places to visit etc??

Thank you!

5 Answers May 26, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • Buying things

by apc9000 Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi again guys

Only 5 more days to go and ill be lying on a beach with a cocktail in sunny Sharm!!

Quick question for you regarding money while i'm over there. Is haggling for things acceptable?? Particularly on souveniers and Taxis?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

6 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    • Proposal/Engagement

by vrana87 Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Hi

I am going to egypt in May 2014, i want to ask my partner to marry me!

I was originally thinking of doing this in Cairo by the pryamids however ive heard that it is very busy and not very scenic

has anyone got any suggestions of where/how?
      I want it to be a beautiful/scenic backdrop

is there any excursions that i could book that would have a beautiful scene during it where i could do the deed?

thanks!

11 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    • Cairo to Sharm ISA tomorrow

by ahmed.abdelrazek Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM

i will travel form Cairo to Sharm tomorrow morning , i have 2 seat if anyone would like to join

Ahmed

1 Answer Apr 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • Day excursions

by apc9000 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Hi all

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Sharm, staying at the Hilton in Sharks Bay. We have looked at some things to do, in particular the quad biking, St Catherines and desert star gazing trips.

Is it cheaper or better to buy these trips when we are over there?? I see they are advertised through companies over the internet but want to get the best deal possible and was considering buying before we go.

Is there any other trips that are a must do when we are there, first time going to Sharm so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

7 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • should I cancel my August Holiday 2014?

by mumof2k Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi
      Please could someone advice? my 12 year old and I are going to Sharm Grand Plaza Resort Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt for two weeks in beginning of August, its our first holiday for years..Yet now many people are saying we should cancel it as it will be way to hot! I feel stupid for not checking before booking! Hotel and area has great reviews and look beautiful! but i'm worried it would be ridiculously hot for us brits? Any advice please?

10 Answers May 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

by reesda Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • poots182's Profile Photo

Quad Biking - Sharm El Sheikh

by poots182 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Hi All,

Regarding the FCO Travel Advice for the UK the perimeter of Sharm only would cover me for insurance, so with what can we still go quad biking ?

Also with SharmExcursions, would they be happy with us swapping 2x quad for 1x rhino 4x4 buggy? Think its the same price but how flexible are they (long shot to see if someone has had this sort of issue before).

Many Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • Quad biking!

by jackkyyy Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Whos been on a quad bike tour in sharm? what company did you go with + what is it actually like, are there good photo oppourutnitys where you can move the quad to get a good view or do they not allow you to take pictures - how fast do you go and is it easy to ride?

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Can I go wondering in the desert?

by jackkyyy Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Am traveling to sharm in July.
      1. Just how hot is it? people say its very hot but I want to ask people whos actually been there, is it too hot?
      2. Also, are there any sharks present around the reefs for snorkeling?

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • Can I go wondering in the desert?

by jackkyyy Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I'm adventourous and was wondering is it safe to just go walking in the desert with nothing but rocks and sand around me? I will keep hydrated etc but wanted to know are there dangourous animals or people don't like you to go walking in desert?

Thanks

11 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:39 PM