Sharm El Sheikh Travel Answers

change location
SandieM2's Profile Photo

Travel Safety

by SandieM2 Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Hi,

I am planning a holiday to Sharm El Sheikh in Feb 2013, is it safe to go due to the trouble?

Regards,

Sandie

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Travel Safety

by akkipaa Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Hi Sandie. I think most of us in these forums are quite careful to give "official" warnings or recommendations. How about checking your governements official travel recommendations. Our governement says: "avoid travelling North Sinai", "general awareness is needed especially in Sinai", "The security situation in South Sinai tourist areas is normal" and "the possibility of new terror attacks can't be outscope".

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Read the regularly-updated UK government advice here:

fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv...

and be aware that a) government advice *always* errs on the side of caution, for obvious reasons and b) if there is any risk whatsoever to its clients, tour companies and package holiday companies will cancel the holiday. It would not be worth the risk for them if they did not so so.

So if your company has not done cancelled your holiday imo you have nothing to worry about.

Just look forward to enjoying a sunny break...I'd go to Egypt like a shot, if I had the opportunity! :-)

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Wow Mina, I hope that you introduce you you before you give this kind of safety announcements. This tread is almost discussed already, so please give us your source of information!

• concord331's Profile Photo

by concord331 Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Hello Sandie
    Hope you have very nice holiday in Sharm
    It is very safe city
    Ahmed

Your Answer