Sharm El Sheikh Travel Answers

change location
Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Renaissance Golden View Hotel?

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Oct 3, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Hi vt'ers
i have come to a decision to book the RGV hotel but just want some answers to these questions if you can help me out.
Is it worth booking the beach rooms or just stick to a sea view room?
Also how far is it to Naama Bay as thats where we like to go out in the evening?
And how much is a taxi to there?
What are the restaurants/bars like at the hotel and any idea of prices?

Thank you in advance,
Much love

Stacey xxx

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • m4ndy1966's Profile Photo

Re: Renaissance Golden View Hotel?

by m4ndy1966 Online Now Oct 6, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Hi, my husband and I visited Sharm for a week in December 2006, it was wonderful, we had never been before.

There are lots of shops within walking distance, there is no real need for a taxi there. the shopkeepers are highly amusing though also very persistant. best to walk with a purpose as though you have been there before or they will suss you out and badger you.

i cannot recall the price of taxis to Naa'ma Bay but it was very cheap, you will need to get a taxi there rather than walk, the drivers are like lunatics mind and they do not use their headlights!

there are alot of nice places to eat in Sharm and also Naama Bay, Naama has the usual fast food restuarants, TGI Friday's recently opened there when we visited, i can recommend that, good food, good prices and lovely atmosphere, better i thought than Hard Rock Cafe there.

We stayed in the Renaissance Golden Beach View Hotel, I cannot praise the hotel and staff there enough, nothing was too much trouble and the hotel is huge with numerous places there to eat, each with their own specialities.

they have their own snorkelling and diving facilities near the beach situated within the hotel's complex and the price of rental is very cheap and good. the staff there are very helpful.

We visited Cairo for the day and booked with the charm of sharm company (charmofsharm.co.uk), the price was very good, it included collection from the hotel, flight to cairo, pyramids, sphinx, museum, trip on the nile, lunch on a floating restuarant on the nile, papyrus shop, perfume oil shop and return flight home. all the while we had a very knowledgeable guide who spoke excellent english. we were 2 of a party of 6 tourist and felt completely safe. the trip was an awful lot cheaper than booking with your rep, i think we paid about £260 for the 2 of us. with the rep it was at least £100 more and the touring groups alot bigger and not so personal.

I hope this helps with some of your questions, if you want any further info please let me know.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xxsummerstarzxx's Profile Photo

by xxsummerstarzxx Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 5:12 AM

Hi Stacey!
    Just got back from the Renaissance 2 days ago and have to say it was just fabulous. Most rooms have a sea view so we didnt bother to book a beach front room. To be honest none of the rooms are too far from the beach. Have to say you are perched on a cliff though, so unless you wanna squeeze on the small sandy strip near the jetty you will have to encounter a smaill flight of steps to reach the water. Not a problem at all really. Naama bay is a short taxi journey away which will cost you about £3.00 unless youre prepared to haggle over a pound lol. Taxis are better now than ever before - much newer, and the drivers seem to respond to their passengers fear of high speeds! We didnt encounter one white knuckle ride while we were there, unlike on previous trips!
    The restaurants and bars are great. Breakfast is totally yummy and the coast restaurant has some lovely theme evenings where you can eat all you want for a set price. We spent most of our holiday in Apacpulco Joe's mexican restaurant. The food is wonderful. As for prices, well it is quite a bit more expensive than Naama Bay, but there is no hassle whatsover so it was worth the extra money IMHO. I guess with drinks it came to about £40 a night but we ate very well and the service was brilliant. It is built on a cliff as I say, and from the hotels rooms on the lower floor to the reception is 115 steps. Quite exhausting. Hope you find the info helpful. If you need anymore facts give me a shout. Love Yvonne x

• karcle's Profile Photo

by karcle Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 2:37 PM

i stayed here in march and it is fantastic,no complaints whatsoever:)

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 1:25 PM

It looks like ive made a good decision then.
    We have booked it now and are staying in a family room with sea view as we wanted all the extra facilities
    I cant wait. Im soooo excited

xxx

• karcle's Profile Photo

by karcle Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 1:27 PM

oh wish i was you im so jealous,take loads of pics:)

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Oct 9, 2007 at 12:17 PM

so did anyone do the Cairo day trip? I want to take my Fiance there for the day.
    x

• karcle's Profile Photo

by karcle Online Now Oct 9, 2007 at 2:20 PM

yes i did it,i will wmail you the details as i got it alot cheaper and not so many on the same tour

• luckiday's Profile Photo

by luckiday Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Hi, have you been on holiday yet? if you haven't then the family room is great. The only thing is there is nothing in the kitchen to use, so you have to ask for everything. The other problem is there is nothing or very little in the shops outside to buy and then to cook or make ANY kind of food. You'll love the Renaissance though, best hotel I've ever stayed in.

Happy holidays!!

• Re: Renaissance Golden View Hotel?

by max6257 Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Hi,

Hope you had a good holiday, could you give me some much needed information on this holiday? I am going with my wife in May for our 1st anniversary. I wish to go Cairo for a day trip and wondering if its better to book from here or when I get there? Also, will I need a visa?

• luckiday's Profile Photo

by luckiday Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Hi, yes you will need a visa, which can be purchased on the plane out or at the airport.

The best way to do the Cairo trip is by plane, as the coach journey is very long. If you can arrange it before you go, then you might be able to get it at a good price.

Have a great trip! And make sure you take your own snorkel equipment!! Sharm offers the best snorkelling in the world, so it's not to be missed!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sharm El Sheikh