Sharm El Sheikh Travel Answers

change location
polaras's Profile Photo

Sharm el Sheikh to Taba Bus / transportation timetable

by polaras Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Hi. I want to travel from Sharm el Sheik to Petra. I don´t want to go by ferry. I´m looking for advice about doing this: I´m planning to go to Taba, then cross the Israel border, and then get into Jordan and go to Petra.

I found that there are "East Delta" buses from Sharm el Sheikh to Taba. Does anyone know the timetable for this? I found different information on several pages so I just wanted to check out if anybody has the correct information.

Thanks for your help!

PnP.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • melosh's Profile Photo

Re: Sharm el Sheikh to Taba Bus / transportation timetable

by melosh Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Good luck getting a timetable. And even more luck may be required to have it be valid for the day you travel. The good news is that there should be relatively frequent buses to Taba, but you understand that you must cross two borders to go by land and this leads to a definite uncertainty. (16 months ago I spent 9 hours crossing the Israel/Taba border a day after a Moslem holiday despite having been told by a number of travel advisers that it should only take a hour or so. Oh yes, Southern Jordan and Petra are worth the trouble, just do not plan a tight schedule.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sharm El Sheikh