change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Friend Stopping Over For a Day of Two - Suggested Itinerary

Abu Dhabi Jul 11, 2015 at 2:54 PM

I have a friend (female - age 40) who is going to be stopping in Abu Dhabi for a few days toward the end of November. Any suggestions you would give her on what to see and do for two days? Thanks

more
    • Fare for taxi ride between Dubai Int Airport and Sharjah Int Airport

Dubai Jul 22, 2015 at 2:33 PM

What is the approximate fare for a day time taxi ride between Dubai Int Airport and Sharjah Int Airport?

more
    • Which half board or AI

Dubai Jul 27, 2015 at 2:25 PM

been to Dubai 4-5 times and want to try a new hotel but totally fed up of half board does not include this or that and being misled so can anyone recommend a good HB or AI with no restrictions or supplements on the menus ? Any advice is appreciated.

more
    • Dubai accommodation - long term. Where, how and how much?

Dubai Jul 6, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Dear all,
      I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to ask such questions, but I will try.
      I received a job offer, so I am moving to Dubai for one year (maybe more) in August. Even though I have been to Dubai for a very short trip last year, I didn't realize how expensive this city can be, especially regarding to the accomodation.
      And because my contract is more or less an internship with a relatively limited salary, I am looking for a shared flat, where I can have my own and fully furnished room (ideally but not necessarily with enclosed bathroom). I will work in one of the Dubai free zones, next to Jumeirah lakes tower (so very close to Dubai Marina), so in case there is a close and not that expensive neighborhood for living, in a walking distance from metro/bus station, it will be more than appreciated.
      Anyway I have absolutely no idea about prices and cost of living. I only found 3 advert webpages offering a shared accomodation (DubaiClassified, Expatriates, Dubizzle) with price range from 2500 up to 7000 or even more dirhams. I don’t know what is considered to be too cheap and too expensive, however as I am limited with my expenses, I am willing to spend no more than 4000 AED for an accomodation (ideally between 2500-3700 AED for a single room). So I am not sure, if my expectations are not set up for a disappointment.
      I also found that it’s pretty difficult to find the shared accomodation with western expats roomates (it’s not my preference though) and most of Asians living in the Dubai diaspora are not willing to share their flat with someone from a different culture (I understand why).
      So, I would like to ask you about your experiences and picks. For instance, can you tell me which neighborhoods are the most convenient, in your opinion? Are my expectations too high? What should I take care of when searching for an accomodation in Dubai? Someone told me that accomodation is a fast moving comodity in Dubai, so it’s almost impossible to find one before I arrive. Is it true?
      So, to make it clear, my preferences are (in this order):
      - single and fully furnished room
      - enclosed bathroom
      - convenient location (in the meaning of a public transporation)
      - Internet and DEWA included
      Do you think, it’s real to find a deal and offer like this, for 3000-3700 AED?

more
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to buy Arabic Clothing!

Dubai Jul 6, 2015 at 1:25 AM

Hi, currently in Dubai and my partner and son want to buy the Traditional Arabic/Emirati clothing, we mentioned it to the taxi driver on arrival at the airport and she said it's really cheap in some places - she suggested 50-75 UAE Dirhams but due to the tiredness I forgot where she said!

We went to a "souk" near Dubai Mall yesterday (wasn't really a souk in the traditional sense!) and they wanted 175 UAE Dirhams - not a bad price but 100 more than suggested to pay.

Has anyone any ideas where it could be cheaper?

We are hoping to visit the old souk in Deira tonight too, open to suggestions though.

more
    • Tickets to Burj Kahlifa

Dubai Jul 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Hi, We are flying to Dubai in September. We will have half a day when we get there and until four PM the next day before we cruise. I tried to get tickets to BK directly, but I could not until 30 days prior. I got on another site and a tour company wanted to sell tickets without disclosing the time. Should I wait? I think I saw something saying the prices were going up July 31. Is this true?

more
    • Best Rates

Dubai Jul 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hi Im travelling to Dubai with my partner in August 2015 and I would like to know the best place to change my pounds for dirhams and how much money I should take on average. we are staying at the palm jumeirah for 7 days. we plan to visit clubs and go on excursions also.

more
    • How many days stay in Dubai

Dubai Jul 16, 2015 at 1:25 PM

I will travel Dubai on march 2016 with my wife and 4 years old boy, is the weather suitable for swimming in the sea on march? And how many days are enough for Dubai holiday? (I want to see the famous places and if the weather is suitable want to swim) I want to see Abu dhabi also and I will reserve 1 day for Abu Dhabi.

more
    • Full Body Scanners - Dubai Airport / pregnant wife

Dubai Jul 6, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hi guys, I have a question regarding Dubai Airport and the security controls there (transit). My wife is pregnant and she is afraid of using the so-called full body scanners (x-ray or millimeter wave). Is Dubai Airport using such scanners meanwhile? Thx! Marty

more
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Burj Khalifa - which floor to go to?

Dubai Jul 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM

I'm currently in Dubai and looking to do Burj Khalifa, can anyone confirm if it is worth paying double to go from the 124th Floor Viewing to 148th Floor viewing?

24 floors sounds a lot but given the size I am not sure the extra cost would be worth it so looking for feedback. It's £21.00pp vs £52.00pp - there's 4 of us so it's a considerable amount to pay if not worth it. I did the highest floor in NYC Empire State Building, I had a free ticket but so glad I didn't pay as it was not great at all!

more

Near Sharm

• Anyone else there in January

by Dianab Online Now Jan 4, 2004 at 4:32 AM

My boyfriend and I are going to Sharm on January 15th 2004 for a week. Is anyone else going to be there at the same time? Would be great to meet up with some people. I've been there before but my partner Mark hasn't. We're staying at the Dreams Beach Resort. Also, what's Sharks Bay like? Any other nice beaches about? And whats the cheapest way of getting to Mount Sinai? P.S. Can't wait!!!

3 Answers Jan 6, 2004 at 6:38 AM