Sharjah Travel Answers

change location

Can I bring my Computer to sharjah

by go4ram01 Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Hi
I am working for an IT company in chennai india and coming to sharjah from chennai soon. I am having lot of software materials in my computer which are must for my work in sharjah.

Can I bring my PC ( Only CPU ) to sharjah?. Will customs allow carrying a PC to sharjah?

OR

Can I bring my motherboard + Harddisk atleast?

Pls help.. Whom I have to call and confirm this?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • 37SingleMaleInDubai1's Profile Photo

Re: Can I bring my Computer to sharjah

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Well as far as I know people fluy in and out of UAE with LapTop, but for making sure, contact the airline which you are using to fly to Sharjah.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

Re: Can I bring my Computer to sharjah

by dave.richards Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 6:49 AM

The CPU is only a processor and does carry your installed software. It is the harddisk that has all the data.
    If you dont want to bring the box itself then just bring along the Motherboard (which contains the CPU, fan, RAM etc), Video/sound card and Harddisk. An empty box is very cheap to buy and so you can easily build a new computer. You should have no problems packing these in a suitcase (security checking when x-raying luggage may prevent this though) or in your hand luggage.
    You would need to buy a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.
    If you want to bring the complete desktop setup then have it sent via a secure delivery service direct to your home in the UAE. This will save on the hassle when carrying it yourself.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sharjah