Sharjah Travel Answers

change location
Sergio25's Profile Photo

Radisson SAS hotel

by Sergio25 Online Now Mar 22, 2004 at 11:36 PM

Hello!! Has anyone been at this hotel? My perents are planning to be there in the begining of april. Have read on other pages tt it's too close to the port and too noisy. Any advise are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Radisson SAS hotel

by fortyfive Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 10:46 PM

i originate from the uk and now live in sharjah, the sas is a nice hotel, the friday brunch is excellent, the beach is smallish and clean and pleasant and although it is next to the port it is not a big port and not so noisy, most of the time its quite quiet. the port is only visible from parts of the beach/grounds, it is not so intrusive. i have been to the beach and brunch there quite a few times, it is right opposite a beautiful mosque and near the corniche which is very beautiful, it claims to have the worlds 3rd largest fountain in the middle. you can also take abra rides around the lagoon - recommended. sharjah has an interesting heritage area to visit and i would recommmend a visit - as well as to the central souk, the architecture is outstanding, you have to see it to appreciate it, magnificent. the al majaz park with the mosque in the middle is also worth a visit, it is beautiful also. note though that sharjah is dry, no alcohol is sold anywhere in shops or hotels or restaurants, neither is pork/pork products, shisha is banned in public places too. the traffic is bad at times but dubai is near enough although the traffic makes the journey long, sometimes it can be up to one hour, its very hit and miss. sharjah taxis are not metered so you need to decide on a price before getting in, dubai taxis are metered. people here are friendly, it is exceptionally clean, the malls are superb if you like shopping. its a great country to visit there is so much to do, so much on offer, once is never enough. hope the folks have a great holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sharjah