Shannon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 24 Hours in Doolin

Doolin Mar 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hey we are heading to Doolin this weekend and it's becoming increasingly difficult to plan some fun things for us 6 ladies on a mini hen day/night. We had the ted tour arranged but yesterday this was cancelled on us - so kinda at a loose end?
      Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

more
    • Customs Check

by ddenney Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Shannon airport is my final destination but I have to stop first at Heathrow to change planes on this last leg of my flight. I want to know if I will be going through Customs at Heathrow OR at Shannon Airport (or would it be both??).
      My flight originates in the US. Thank you so much!

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Where to eat Breakfast near Shannon Airport?

by marykay.laskowsky Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Where is the best place to eat breakfast near Shannon airport for a large group?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • getting around

by psadler Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 4:30 AM

My sister and I are going to Ireland in June. We are both in our 60's and afraid to drive. We want to basically do our own thing so dont want to go on a big bus tour. Any suggestions on getting around? thanks

3 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • heritage farm???

by kwrheault Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 7:27 AM

Hi,

I took my dad to Ireland 8 years ago and we visited some sort of heritage farm or community. thatch roofed homes, some could be toured and I remember it had a tiny little bog pony and the history of bog ponies.....I have lost the infofor the location...Help

thanks

5 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    • annking's Profile Photo

public transport

by annking Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Hi I am flying into Shannon airport was wondering if there is any public transport available to get me to Doonbeg village if not anyone know a price and number for a taxi please.

5 Answers Aug 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    • Overnight stay

by virginiameche Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Trying to book a one night stay and perhaps dinner at the castle the night of Aug. 30, 2011 for 3 adults. Please reply.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    • Travel from Shannon to Waterford

by Barbpysell Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 5:40 PM

What is the best way to travel from Shannon to Waterford? I would rather not drive myself.

1 Answer Jun 22, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    • Cost for Bunratty Castle

by mickeyhegg Online Now Jun 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Tour costs? Banquet Costs? Can I book on line? Checked website, but don't see it. thank you.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    • carpfanatic's Profile Photo

Public Transport

by carpfanatic Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

hi

anyone know if there is any public transport between shannon airport, if so cost and what time of day they run till.

best regards

1 Answer Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    • Shannon Info Please

by danica_ryn Online Now May 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I need to know if there is WIFI and/or internet cafe's available in Shannon?
      I'm staying at Bunratty and need to work as I'm there.
      Are there fresh produce stands? We are vegetarian.
      Any good hiking areas?

Any help is very appreciated! Cheers!

Dani

• wombles's Profile Photo

Cheap accomodation Shannon/Limerick

by wombles Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Hi, I may be flying into Shannon at 11.10pm on a Friday night and was hoping that someone would have suggestions as to somewhere cheap (hostel?) to stay that I can get to with public transport so late at night.... Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    • Shannon to Kilkee

by dbket Online Now Jul 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I am travelling from Shannon to Kilkee. I am a senior and will have two large bags and a carryon so bus would be difficult. Can you recommend a car service that might take me to Kilkee,or Kilrush or even Ennis? Much thanks.

• sylvielandes's Profile Photo

Accomodation

by sylvielandes Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning with my cousin, to do a trip in April for a week, and we are looking for an accomodation in Shannon, near Airport, for 1 night (25 th April). If someone can help us...

4 Answers Mar 24, 2008 at 4:00 AM
    • anyone used roomex to book hotels in Ireland?

by dizzyincolorado Online Now Aug 19, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Hello, I'm looking for a nice but cheap hotel near the Shannon airport. Roomex.com seems to have great rates, but I'm nervous about purchasing that way and then showing up with no room or bad results. Has anyone used roomex.com and if so, did you have a good experience?

Thanks!
      Diz

3 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 2:41 AM
    • transportation

by Diaval Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM

What is the best way to get from Shannon Airport to Bunratty Shannon Shamrock? Is there a bus or train that can get me there? I've heard I could hire a taxi but that seems like it could be costly.
      Dianne

1 Answer Jun 11, 2007 at 5:28 AM
    • BUNRATTY CASTLE

by MIKO139 Online Now May 3, 2007 at 9:20 AM

WE ARE EATING AT THE CASTLE BANQUET. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS? Any do's and dont's
      What to wear?

1 Answer May 5, 2007 at 7:12 AM
    • Wanna Golf Ireland Newry ripped us off?

by mikentara Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Has anyone ever heard of this organization?
      We sent the deposit for 8 golfers.
      Now no hotel reservations or tee times scheduled.
      Even though he sent us our itinerary with dates/times.
      Help! Where do we go from here?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2007 at 7:41 AM
    • First time to Ireland!!!

by Frenchy700 Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 3:10 PM

My girlfriend & I are going in 3 weeks...flying into Shannon. Will be there for 8 days. Can anyone reccomend some good day trips/staying and driving from Shannon, Kilarney, and any other spots????

Thanks,

Damien

2 Answers Oct 6, 2006 at 11:19 AM
    • rotronnie's Profile Photo

Help me! I need a place to stay for two three days

by rotronnie Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 3:56 AM

I'm relocating to Shannon and arrive there Sunday 1st of October, the day after I start to work there, but I don't have a place to stay, a B&B cheap and close (I have my own bicycle) to the city will be fine, then I'd search for a permanent accomodation.
      Thanks in advance.
      Bye

1 Answer Sep 30, 2006 at 1:14 PM
    • November in Ireland

by dldicaprio Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 2:42 AM

My family and I were thinking about traveling to Ireland November 1-5, 2006. We have a 9 year old and 7 year old. Is November a good time to come, or will it be to cold for the children. Will there be activities the children could do while we are there. ex. Dolphin watching, horse riding Any recommendations on castle type hotels in the area? Thank you!

4 Answers Sep 1, 2006 at 9:34 PM
    • sites to see

by ohara1 Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 7:25 AM

Hi everyone! My fiancee & I will be arriving in Shannon on 7/3/6, renting a car and plan to drive from Shannon through all local areas (especially Wexford & Longford since that's where my grandparents are from),making a complete circle and leaving frm Shannon on 7/12. I am a wee bit nervous about not having anything really scheduled (such as hotels), can anyone recommend sites to see or places to stay. I would hate to arrive in Shannon after traveling all the way frm Ft. Lauderdale,Florida and not have a place to stay. HELP!!!

11 Answers Aug 19, 2007 at 10:42 AM
    • PATTI_PARE's Profile Photo

South of Ireland

by PATTI_PARE Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 8:24 AM

How far of a drive is it from Doublin to Shannon Ireland. Also we will be touring the south of Ireland; any suggestions on places to see, please advise.

3 Answers Jun 20, 2006 at 1:52 PM
    • ritzcrackerd's Profile Photo

camping?

by ritzcrackerd Online Now May 13, 2006 at 7:08 AM

hi, i am a backpacking college student flying into shannon and looking for a cheap place to pitch my tent for this Wednesday night. Anybody know of a good campground or any suggestions at all? thanks so much for any help.

3 Answers May 16, 2006 at 5:38 AM
    • Would you stay in Killaloe? or Adare?or Bunratty.?

by poet123 Online Now Apr 26, 2006 at 9:39 AM

We are thinking of using the cheap flights to Shannon for 4 nights late May. I can get nice accomodation in either of the above but not knowing the areas I am unsure which to go for. We want a central place from which to sightsee by car but plenty of pubs etc within walking distance for the evenings. We also need activities for kids and teenagers! So which place is the best for our needs.

2 Answers Apr 26, 2006 at 9:19 PM
    • galway to shannon : travel time by car ?

by mrkpearson Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 1:36 PM

I'll need to drive from Galway on a Tuesday morning to Shannon airport. I have a 10am flight. Assuming I need to be there at 8:30, how long is the drive from Galway ? Is morning traffic an issue ?

Thanks!
      MP

2 Answers Apr 12, 2006 at 5:23 PM
    • suggested itinerary for arrival at shannon airport with 3 days to spend

by teracino Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 7:33 PM

please help - we're flying into shannon airiport, & have no idea where to stay or what to do. I booked a hotel (Clarion) in Limerick, but I hear that Limerick is not that safe or pretty, & I'm worried. Also, I don't know whether to go down to the Killarney area or up to the Galway area to signtsee. Someone mentioned Adare, Bunratty and Ennis as possible places to see, but we'll not have a car, & have to rely on either buses or trains.
      Can anyone suggest a suggested itinerary? also, should we change our Limerick location to something better? PLEASE HELP.
      Thanks.

4 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • help needed

by fteracino Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 1:09 PM

we have three days to spend, and are flying into shannon airport. We are a couple in our mid-50s, and need to plan some kind of itinerary for these days.It was suggested that we stay in Limerick as a home base, & travel to Adare, Bunratty & maybe even Galway? Does this sound like a good plan? Also, we need to see if buses & trains are readily available, as we don't drive.
      Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
      Thanks,

1 Answer Mar 28, 2006 at 6:20 PM
    • Best time of year

by Irishdream Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 6:02 AM

When is the best time of year to visit Ireland? I don't want to go when it is cold.

3 Answers Mar 2, 2006 at 4:56 PM
    • Stay in Shannon

by dorrah Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 2:13 AM

Hi there !!!
      I've just booked 2 plane tickets to Shannon and, as a matter of fact, I don't have a clue where to stay in there. I and my boyfriend are staying only for one night (or two) and we are looking for a really cheap accomodation, as this "trip" was unplanned - the pane tickets were really chep and I wanted to visit Ireland so much ;)
      We will be in there in the beggining of february, so we have plenty of time to think ... But still I think it would be easier to know a little from you. Greetings,
      Dagmara

3 Answers Nov 7, 2005 at 10:52 AM
    • RedFraggle's Profile Photo

Shannon - places to stay and things to do?

by RedFraggle Online Now Sep 12, 2005 at 12:40 PM

My boyfriend and I have booked flights for a 5 day trip to Shannon at the end of October/start of November.

We haven't booked anywhere to stay yet, but have been looking at guesthouses in Limerick. Our price range is about £40-£50 per ROOM, per night. Does anyone recommend anywhere?

Also, what must-see attractions are there in the region? We probably won't have a car.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2005 at 3:59 PM