Shannon Travel Answers

change location

anyone used roomex to book hotels in Ireland?

by dizzyincolorado Online Now Aug 19, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Hello, I'm looking for a nice but cheap hotel near the Shannon airport. Roomex.com seems to have great rates, but I'm nervous about purchasing that way and then showing up with no room or bad results. Has anyone used roomex.com and if so, did you have a good experience?

Thanks!
Diz

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: anyone used roomex to book hotels in Ireland?

by LawnWood Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 8:04 AM

I have used Roomex to book a hotel for a weeks stay in Berlin in July past and it was very good. We had checked the price quoted by Roomex with the hotel web-site directly and Roomex including Breakfast was better than on the hotels own web-site (still can't understand it).
    The hotel & room facilities was exactly as quoted on Roomex.
    Hope this helps with your decision.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by dizzyincolorado Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Thanks so much! I found a similar situation (roomex cheaper than hotel's site) but wanted to hear from someone who actually used them. Thanks again!

by swansy Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 2:41 AM

Hi, I book regularly with roomex. they provide an excellent service and have always been pleasant and reliable to deal with. they have two websites, www.roomex.com and www.roomexhotels.com , and you should check the availability on both. the reason they provide lower rates than with the hotels directly, is that they get hotel rooms at wholesale prices due to bulk-buying. the earlier you book with them the better as these disounted room rates tend to go quite quickly.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines