Shannon Travel Answers

change location

First time to Ireland!!!

by Frenchy700 Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 3:10 PM

My girlfriend & I are going in 3 weeks...flying into Shannon. Will be there for 8 days. Can anyone reccomend some good day trips/staying and driving from Shannon, Kilarney, and any other spots????

Thanks,

Damien

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • WhispersWest's Profile Photo

RE: First time to Ireland!!!

by WhispersWest Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 9:38 AM

Damien,

I would need to know your interests, your ideal when it comes to Ireland and whether you will be renting a car or using public transportation. With eight days , you could easily split time in two areas along the west Coast, if you are driving. I just need a bit more information and I can help you make your first trip an enjoyable one.

Slan Agus Beannacht,

Bit Devine
    Cowboy Craic

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cs94wahoo's Profile Photo

RE: First time to Ireland!!!

by cs94wahoo Online Now Oct 6, 2006 at 11:19 AM

The good thing about Ireland is that you could probably base yourself in Shannon and drive almost anywhere in about a day. (However, some trips will be longer.)

My suggestion is to not base yourself in Shannon. There are some really nice B&Bs all throughout the country, and it's a great way to bond with the Irish.

From Shannon, it's 2 hours one way to Blarney castle (a must see). It's 3 hours one way to Dublin, It's not far at all to the Cliffs of Moher, It's 3 hours one way to the Dingle Penninsula (a great spot!).

We started in Shannon, drove to Blarney and back to Shannon, then drove and stayed in Galway, then drove and stayed in Dublin.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines