Shannon Travel Answers

change location
ritzcrackerd's Profile Photo

camping?

by ritzcrackerd Online Now May 13, 2006 at 7:08 AM

hi, i am a backpacking college student flying into shannon and looking for a cheap place to pitch my tent for this Wednesday night. Anybody know of a good campground or any suggestions at all? thanks so much for any help.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • donalh's Profile Photo

RE: camping?

by donalh Online Now May 15, 2006 at 3:39 AM

It would be a good idea to get out of Shannon. I don't konw it you have a planned itinerary but as a general rule, small seaside of tourist towns will have a camp site whereas cities generally don't. I would reccomend hitching or getting the bus North to Doolin or South to somewhere in Kerry. What are your plans?

Donal

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ritzcrackerd's Profile Photo

RE: RE: camping?

by ritzcrackerd Online Now May 16, 2006 at 3:41 AM

i am thinking of actually getting a bus over to killarney and finding a place to camp there for a couple days. i figure with a national park right there, campsites shouldnt be too difficult to find. but then i'm thinking of going over to Dingle for a couple days too... there are just way too many beautiful places to visit in the 5 days i'll be there. any suggestions of where i just HAVE to go? thanks.

• donalh's Profile Photo

RE: RE: camping?

by donalh Online Now May 16, 2006 at 5:38 AM

Nope - you seem to be ticking all the right boxes all on your own !! Worth remembering though that the attraction of Killarney is very much not the town (which is very touristy and unappealling) but the surrounding national park which is stunning. I googled campsites in Killarney and there appears to be two main ones. If you want to be closer to the pubs I would choose this one killarneycamping.com/index.h...

Dingle is great too - all along the Dingle peninsula is stunning. If you can make your way to Kenmare too it is beautiful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines