Shannon Travel Answers

change location

galway to shannon : travel time by car ?

by mrkpearson Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 1:36 PM

I'll need to drive from Galway on a Tuesday morning to Shannon airport. I have a 10am flight. Assuming I need to be there at 8:30, how long is the drive from Galway ? Is morning traffic an issue ?

Thanks!
MP

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • donalh's Profile Photo

RE: galway to shannon : travel time by car ?

by donalh Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 4:53 PM

No, at that hour morning traffic wont be an issue. Your main problem would be Ennis but you will be passing through before 8.00 so you should be ok. Leave at 6.45 and you will have lots of time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: galway to shannon : travel time by car ?

by Efioamc Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 5:23 PM

Traffic should be o.k but depending on where in Galway you are leaving from I would give yourself at leat 2 hours. One alternative to skip going through ennis (which can be a nightmare)is to take a country run.

Once you hit Crusheen (Clare) turn left at the village opposite Fogartys pub and head down by the school. Keep straight all the way to clooney(about 6kms). Once you hit a T juntion turn left. You are now on the Tulla road. Just up the road is another pub Hencys - turn right here. COntinue straight all the way again to a T juntion (approx 10-15mins. This will bring you outside ennis at LCare castle. Turn left and you are on the main road to Limerick. Its an easy road to follow, but a lot faster i find. Tell Co. Clare i said hello !!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines