Shannon Travel Answers

change location

Best time of year

by Irishdream Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 6:02 AM

When is the best time of year to visit Ireland? I don't want to go when it is cold.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Best time of year

by orlikins Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 11:21 AM

it's not half as bad as ppl think ... just as well you don't mind the rain :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Best time of year

by cathy9510usa Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 12:59 AM

I've visited at least 10 times (March, June, August, September), and except for the August trip the weather was "cool", meaning wear fleeces most of the time. I was on the west coast, though, and frequently there were strong winds from the west, making it seem colder than the air temperature. On the August trip, though, the first few days were warmish with a stiff breeze, but suddenly the wind dioed down and it was quite hot. We had a run of very hot weather, and I had nothing but turtlenecks with me, so I had to run out and buy a summer T shirt. Even on rainy days we usually had some sun as well, though.

• RE: Best time of year

by fergusavis Online Now Mar 2, 2006 at 4:56 PM

We're from Massachusetts, USA and we found late August/early September decent 60-70 degrees F) If you really want to avoid ANY coolness go in mid July, but it's a lot more crowdwd and lot more expensive to get there. But as someone said above, Ireland never gets as cold as Michigan!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines