Shannon Travel Answers

change location

Stay in Shannon

by dorrah Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 2:13 AM

Hi there !!!
I've just booked 2 plane tickets to Shannon and, as a matter of fact, I don't have a clue where to stay in there. I and my boyfriend are staying only for one night (or two) and we are looking for a really cheap accomodation, as this "trip" was unplanned - the pane tickets were really chep and I wanted to visit Ireland so much ;)
We will be in there in the beggining of february, so we have plenty of time to think ... But still I think it would be easier to know a little from you. Greetings,
Dagmara

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • donalh's Profile Photo

RE: Stay in Shannon

by donalh Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 3:13 AM

Well, first of all, there is nothing in Shannon, so you must travel a bit. Also, if I was only spending a couple of nights in Ireland, I wouldn't spend them in Limerick. Counties Kerry or Clare are ideal. Dingle or Kenmare in Kerry or Ballyvaughan / Doolin in Clare. Galway City is also an option - all are within a two hour drive of Shannon. You will find good hostels in most of these places for about €25 a head. Good luck.

Donal

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Stay in Shannon

by orlikins Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 6:35 AM

Limerick is OK for an overnight stay - it is the nearest city to the airport (about 20 miles away) and you have plenty of good bars & restaurants. You'd have to go to Limerick anyway to get your bus/train connections to all the main Irish cities and towns.

Shannon is an industrial craphole, it's just a place where the airport workers live, nothing there at all.

• irisht's Profile Photo

RE: Stay in Shannon

by irisht Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 10:52 AM

You can't get cheaper than http://www.couchsurfing.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines