Shanghai Shi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Guilin hotel

Guilin Yesterday

I'd like to find an under 150 Yuan/nite hotel that is clean, quiet, with English tv. Agoda reviews show not many hotels meet this. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

more
    • Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

Dazhai Apr 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

more
    • Closest decent clean hotel to Kunming train station

Kunming Apr 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hi all,
      Would appreciate advise on which hotel is closest to the Kunming train station. I am travelling with my 10 year old, and will be by train from Lijiang, arriving in the morning at around 6am. My flight to KUL is at 1740 same day.

Any advice as to which hotel would be good for us. Thanks

more
    • One day trip from Shanghai to Huangshan

Huangshan Apr 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Hey guys, i am planning on taking a trip to shanghai in july and was wondering if its possible to visit the mountain in a day and be back in shanghai? i found that a bus from shanghai station to Tangkou will take roughly 6 hours if i leave on the first one at 6am, spend a few hours on the mountain (4-5hrs) and then take a bus back to shanghai. is this a good idea or crazy? also, i dont know exactly which bus goes back to shanghai and from where (Tangko or tuxni) if anyone has experience/advice/suggestion or specific bus routes to take would help a lot!. thanks

more
    • Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

Guilin Apr 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

more
    • Kunming to Yuanyang, then to Dali and Lijiang

Kunming Apr 18, 2015 at 3:05 AM

I plan to travel from Kunming to Yuanyang, stay there 2 days, then travel to Dali (bypass Kunming), then to Lijiang. Finally back to Kunming before heading home. Total in 9 days. Any suggestion? Where to stay in these places? I am budget traveller.

more
    • Travel route

Shenzhen Apr 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM

How to i go to Window of the world from Coastal city?

more
    • taxi from Tongren airport to Fenghuang

Fenghuang Apr 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Does Anyone know how much a taxi from Tongren airport to Fenghuang would cost?

more
    • ktlaw1's Profile Photo

taxi to qiaotou for Tiger Leaping Gorge

Yunnan Sheng Apr 6, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi,
      What's a reasonable price for getting a taxi from Lijiang (Shuhe old.town specifically) to Qiaotou for the start of the tiger leaping gorge trail?

I've been told numbers ranging from 50rmb per person to 500rmb in total.. So am a bit hewildered!

Secondly I hear that many travellers choose to take the bus from lijiang bus station instead. Whilst we (3 of us) are willing to pay up to 200rmb for the cab, does anyone know the bus timetable in the early morning around 9-10am?

Thanks so much.

Katie

more
    • is it better to stay in Hong Kong or Shenzhen?

Shenzhen Apr 26, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Hi We are coming to Hong Kong for 8 days, my question is is it worth it to break it up and spend a few nights in Shenzhen for the shopping or should we just commute? From what I remember on our last trip, (we only spent a day in Shenzhen) it was exhausting and we only went in one shopping building which had multiple floors. Is there any other shopping besides that one building and is it worth it to stay for a few days as opposed to just going for a day. Basically what I would like to know is there more than just that one building for shopping? I know the prices were much lower than in Hong Kong and since this is mainly a shopping trip I'm curious to know what others think if it's worth our while spending a few days there. Thanks.

more
    • China in July - September

China Apr 10, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Hey,

My friend and I want to travel china in July - September (not quite sure in which month exactly).
      We are worried about the heat and the rain.
      Do you think it is possible to travel during this time of the year or would we be held by the weather?

Is it recommended to stick to a particular part of China during these months?

Thanks a lot!

more
    • Guide for Chengdu & Leshan

Chengdu Apr 10, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Myself, my wife and our two kids (19 & 21) will be in Chengdu for around 5 days end June 2015.
      Want to see main attractions Panda, Giant Buddha, Mt Emei,.. and enjoy rural side. Just discovered that car hire isn't available for non Chinese.
      Anyone know what cost of car & english speaking driver would be per day excluding admission fees etc.
      Thanks

more
    • longmen caves to shaolin temple

Luoyang Apr 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Is anyone know how to get to these places with public transport?

more
    • jamw198's Profile Photo

Is advance high speed train ticket necessary for GZ to Guilin?

Guangzhou Apr 13, 2015 at 3:46 AM

I'm planning to travel next month so is wondering how far in advance (days/hours) do I need to get the ticket? I know the high speed train depart from the south station but can I buy the ticket in advance from the other main train station in GZ?

more
    • OliviaPRibeiro's Profile Photo

Beijing Roast Duck

Beijing Apr 28, 2015 at 8:02 AM

I'm looking for a genuine restaurant to eat the famous Roast Duck... but I'm trying to avoid the tourist ones... any thoughts?

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Airlines to China

China Apr 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Would like to fly to China in September either from Vancouver or San Francesco, and suggestions on best airline. Would be flying economy.. Will land in either Beijing or Shanghai, having made final plans yet.. Want to see both cities and as much as we can see in 5 weeks. I assume we would travel by either train or air while in China. Perhaps if someone could point me in the right direction regarding travel within the country would also be very helpful.
      Thanks
      rick m

more

Popular Shanghai Shi Travel Answer Locations

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Shanghai, China April 4, 2015

Shanghai Apr 3, 2015 at 7:09 PM

In less than 48 hours, we will be in Shanghai, China. Will we need heavy winter coats? We will be coming from Bangkok, Thailand. Is there a place where we can purchase the local sim card at Pudong Airport? Many thanks VTers!!!!

6 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Shanghai, China April 4, 2015

Shanghai Apr 3, 2015 at 6:57 PM

In less than 48 hours, we will be in Shanghai, China. Will we need heavy winter coats? We will be coming from Bangkok, Thailand. Is there a place where we can purchase the local sim card at Pudong Airport? Many thanks VTers!!!!

3 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 5:13 PM

LOCAL MOBILE PHONE/CELL PHONE

Shanghai Mar 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We will be in China for a month and we wish to have a local mobile phone/cell phone. Where can we purchase a local mobile phone ,"PAY AS YOU USE"? About how much will it costs? How does it work for a temporary mobile phone?

4 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 5:03 PM

AccoMMODATION:

Shanghai Feb 23, 2015 at 8:47 AM

I am a senior citizen & will be traveling alone to Shanghai. I will be arriving late afternoon. can anyone suggest a safe, clean, budget accommodation but please centrally located accommodation in Shanghai. Also, directions using the public transportation from the International Airport to the accommodation. Many thanks to my VT'ers friends!

4 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 6:05 AM

SHANGHAI VISIT

Shanghai Feb 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I will be arriving in Shanghai by myself in Shanghai end of March. 1). can you recommend a hostal located centrally that approximately cost between $25.00 - $30.00. 2). This is my first time to travel by myself , would it be easy taking the public transportation to my accommdation? any helpful traveling tips specially for a first timer would be greatly appreciated! many thanks to all.

4 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 4:49 PM
    • mumbaihost's Profile Photo

Visiting Shanghai

Shanghai Feb 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hello Friends,
      I will be visiting Shanghai to attend Exhibition in April 1st week.
      I would like to know which is best place to stay in main Shanghai city?
      Can any female member be guide & show me the city?
      Cya,
      Pankaj

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul ferry

Shanghai Feb 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM

According to Google, there are ferries from Qingdao to Seoul. My question is whats the easiest and the cheapest way to go all the way from Shanghai to Seoul by ferry.

2 Answers Feb 9, 2015 at 5:11 AM
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Cheapest airlines?

Shanghai Feb 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM

What are considerably the cheapest airlines for traveling from Shanghai to Thailand and Philippines?

4 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM
    • davidmg's Profile Photo

11-hour layover: what to do

Shanghai Dec 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM

In late February I have a connection at PVG, with 11 hours between flights. Is there a city tour that leaves from the airport? If not, can I join a tour near the airport? Can I get some Cuban ribs somewhere?.
      Thanks.

10 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • I have 4 days to get from Shangai to Hongkong

Shanghai Dec 27, 2014 at 3:47 AM

How should i travel on my way to hongkong?

we are going in april 2015. i will have 5 days in an around beijing, 2 days in xian, 5 days in shanghai and then i want to make my way down to hongkong and i have 4 days to do it.

I would like to see some of the sights on the way.

what would be thebest way or the most interesting way.

3 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • Art exhibitions in Shanghai

Shanghai Dec 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello guys, I arrived in Shanghai some weeks ago and will stay here for a couple of months to do a student exchange. Anyway, I recently walked through the Bund and passed by a hotel/art exhibition at the 'Swatch Art Peace Hotel'. They currently have a very nice exhibition, I guess it's called 'Faces & Traces'. My place is very near to the campus of the Fudan university. Do you know by chance any similar interesting museums or art exhibition in that area?

Cheers,

Scotty

2 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM
    • gkaralakis's Profile Photo

Shangai .. when..?

Shanghai Dec 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Which is the best period to visit Shangai, and the other cities there..? Not at the pick of touristic period..!
      Good morning..
      George

11 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    • LakshyaR's Profile Photo

i am traveling to shangai ,china .

Shanghai Nov 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM

i am traveling to shangai for a weak can u guide me which is good hostel and happening place in shangai .

2 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    • TheCapt's Profile Photo

Economical & Comfortabe transport means fm Shanghai city to Pudong Airport?

Shanghai Oct 24, 2014 at 6:29 PM

What would be an economical & comfortable means of transport available from Shanghai City to Pudong Airport, pls?

9 Answers Oct 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM
    • Need help choosing hotel for New Yar's Eve

Shanghai Oct 9, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Hi I am bringing my family to Shanghai at the end of December. Our 2 adult sons will be out partying with friends but my husband & I would like to watch the fireworks from the comfort of a luxury hotel! We are thinking of Pearl View rooms at Four Seasons Pudong but are there any better places for watching the fireworks? Any advice please would be welcome. Thanks ADTraveller

2 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

1 night Shanghai

Shanghai Sep 27, 2014 at 3:02 AM

My wife and me land at Pudong airport on the 5th Nov. at 9.55 am. Or we can take a flight landing at Hongqiao airport on the 4th Nov. night at 11.15 pm (Cheaper). which will be better and easier as we want to stay in a city hotel?

Our flight home from PVG is at 10 pm on 6th Nov.

Where to stay in main city areas? What all can we see? Can we visit the water villages?

6 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
    • ErikaM6's Profile Photo

Best Places in Shanghai..

Shanghai Aug 24, 2014 at 7:42 PM

what places in Shanghai you recommed me to visit?

i'm very excited to know.. :D!

6 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • Vince.Boogie.Lee's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Shanghai?

Shanghai Aug 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hello everyone!

Hope you are well, I'm just looking for some advice if anyone could possibly help me out. I'll be traveling to Shanghai for a few days next month and am keen to get stuck in. I'm just trying to find out which would be the best district to stay in. In terms of entertainment like eating/drinking, shopping nightlife etc plus some where that's a good base to travel around (if it's possible to have it all :)) would French Concession or Huangpu be the go?

Thanks in advance, kindest regards!

5 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 1:29 AM
    • cbhuta's Profile Photo

what's happening in Shanghai on 12 and 13 July?

Shanghai Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Hey guys, I'm in Shanghai for the weekend and looking for places to go where I can meet up with people and have a good evening over drinks or dinner.
      Any suggestions?

2 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

facebook acces from Shanghai

Shanghai Jun 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Is it true that facebook and similar social media sites are banned in China? I want to know if I will be able to access my facebook from Shanghai.

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • Toshioohsako's Profile Photo

Shanghai transit hotel

Shanghai Jun 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Are there hotels in transit area at Shanghai airport? I do not have visa to China and Shanghai is a transit airport.

9 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • Acrobatic show

Shanghai May 24, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Hi, does qnyone know of a good acrobatic show in Shanghai?

what temperature cane be expected en June and July?

Thank you very much

Alfredo9

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    • Private food tour in Shanghai

Shanghai May 19, 2014 at 6:12 AM

I'm heading to Shanghai in July. I love Chinese food but really want to experience authentic chinese food. I would like to meet or be put in touch with someone who would like to hang out with me (39yo Married Australian male) for 3 hours or so on a bit of a food tour around Shanghai. A local who knows the hidden gems around the city and that can also tell me a bit about the food we are eating. I would cover all the food and transport expenses. Happy to chat on Skype prior.

Shane

3 Answers May 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Kids Mandarin Classes in Shanghai

Shanghai May 18, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I am looking for any recommendations for Mandarin classes in Shanghai for two boys (4 and 7 years).
      They are coming from London with their parent and they will be in Shanghai in 3rd week of July and most of August.
      I am also looking for a 2/3 bedroom apartment for them for 5/6 weeks. Appreciate your help
      Thanks

2 Answers May 20, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is there China Eastern office in Pudong airport?...

Shanghai May 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Hi, Shanghai VT,

Is there a China Eastern office in Pudong airport where i can collect a hardcopy of its Connections magazine? How about Shanghai Airlines, Juneyao Airlines and Spring Airlines? Do they have offices in Pudong airport where their inflight magazines and Timetables are available?

Chyan

3 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Recommendations for safe night activities for female traveler

Shanghai Apr 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

i will be visiting Shanghai in May and was wondering if there are any good recommendations for night activities? Are the drinking/cocktail places safe?

Appreciate any suggestions or advice!

7 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Shanghai 2 day trip (Backpacker)

Shanghai Feb 28, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Hi all,
      Good day all, i here have few question is there have any good place or attractive place to recommend to visit for backpacker traveling within 2 days at shanghai? and is there and reasonable price accommodation around? Kindly advise. Hope to get your all feedback soon. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • Travel with 4 adults and 2 children for two weeks. Transportation? Housing?

Shanghai Shi Feb 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM

What would you suggest to be the best way to get around in Shanghai with a group of 4 adults and 2 children (3 & 4.5)? I'm mainly afraid of getting separated. And would the 3 year old need a stroller to get around? Can you also suggest housing please, close to the city center?

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 11:06 PM
    • Should we give up our trip to Shanghai next february ?

Shanghai Jan 30, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Heard on the news that a pneumologist has just died of Avian flu.We are due to go to Shanghai on feb.14th 2014.WHO does not yet use the word "epidemic",but then,it might use it too late for some people.Could somebody give us some advice about the matter ?

19 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 1:31 AM