change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Recommendations for safe night activities for female traveler

Shanghai Apr 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

i will be visiting Shanghai in May and was wondering if there are any good recommendations for night activities? Are the drinking/cocktail places safe?

Appreciate any suggestions or advice!

more

Popular Shanghai Shi Travel Answer Locations

• phingy's Profile Photo

Recommendations for safe night activities for female traveler

Shanghai Apr 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

i will be visiting Shanghai in May and was wondering if there are any good recommendations for night activities? Are the drinking/cocktail places safe?

Appreciate any suggestions or advice!

7 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Shanghai 2 day trip (Backpacker)

Shanghai Feb 28, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Hi all,
      Good day all, i here have few question is there have any good place or attractive place to recommend to visit for backpacker traveling within 2 days at shanghai? and is there and reasonable price accommodation around? Kindly advise. Hope to get your all feedback soon. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • Travel with 4 adults and 2 children for two weeks. Transportation? Housing?

Shanghai Shi Feb 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM

What would you suggest to be the best way to get around in Shanghai with a group of 4 adults and 2 children (3 & 4.5)? I'm mainly afraid of getting separated. And would the 3 year old need a stroller to get around? Can you also suggest housing please, close to the city center?

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 11:06 PM
    • Best Chinese language school in Shanghai?

Shanghai Feb 11, 2014 at 12:52 AM

I want to study Mandarin in Shanghai for two months this summer and am looking for a Chinese language school there. I want to progress as much as possible within those two months, so I am looking for a serious school, with good teachers and curriculum. I would also need help with accommodation and visa etc. as this will be my first trip to China.

8 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM
    • Should we give up our trip to Shanghai next february ?

Shanghai Jan 30, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Heard on the news that a pneumologist has just died of Avian flu.We are due to go to Shanghai on feb.14th 2014.WHO does not yet use the word "epidemic",but then,it might use it too late for some people.Could somebody give us some advice about the matter ?

19 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 1:31 AM
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Real Shanghai?

Shanghai Jan 26, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I visited Shanghai twice and ended up going to some temples, Bund and places that always charge something for entry. Need some suggestions regarding some nice places where I can see culture, which offer free observation like chinese martial arts training centers or other places. I'll be staying for 3 days this time as well.

5 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM
    • Janiebird69's Profile Photo

The best way to take money?

Shanghai Dec 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hi, We are a family of 4 flying to Shanghai on 3rd April for 3 days before flying to Sydney and then Brisbane. We have saved up our spending money ( approx 3000GBP). How is the best way to take it as we will be using 2 currencies? I have heard of travel money cards but don't know anything about them?

Thank you in advance for your help

Jane

11 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 1:37 AM
    • 8 nights Shanghai April 2014

Shanghai Dec 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

WE will be in Shanghai for 8 nights and want the best advice on hotels, I think I would really like breakfast included and if possible exec lounge access of a nightime for a drink. I have been looking at Sofitel Hyland near Nanjing Road, anyone know much about that place or do you have any recommendations for hotels around $250 (Au) per night inc breakfast and or lounge access. Also being close to a metro would be good. Other hotels I have looked at are : Les Suites ( near the Bund) Grand Central Hotel, Yangste ( ex Langham) New World Hotel and Howard Johnson Plaza...any advice would be great and Happy New Year

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • Tour Guide

Shanghai Oct 24, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Can any member recommend a tour guide for our first day in Shanghai (think we will know better & quicker if guided on first day)
      Do not want to use agency ---- perhaps there is someone doing such guides part time or are students
      who can assist with basic tour to understand areas and subways in city area. Further it would be good to have a contact should we need to go to an area or need a translator. Tour / assistance will be for me and my girlfriend only.

4 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    • Products to Trade

Shanghai Oct 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Where is the best place in Shanghai area to go looking for factories.
      While visiting the city I would like to look out for some type of goods which I could export and sell in UK.
      is there a particular free zone or trade zone where the companies are gathered?

Has anyone send goods back to UK recently to know the duty charge and procedures?

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • Hotels Advise

Shanghai Oct 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hi members, I am going to travel again and seek your knowledge and great advise
      I am sorry to start with hotels as almost one in three posts are about hotels!
      I am heading to Shanghai and wish to spend a week there (maybe go outside for a night or two) and wish hotel advise
      my requirements are
      1. must be clean & tidy. 2 reasonable value ($80 daily budget) 3. wifi access 4. near metro to tour the city
      From reading the notes I think Jing An district, People's Square near metro would be a good central location and would get better value than closer to Bund,

11 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • Explore Shanghai

Shanghai Oct 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM

We are visiting Shanghai for 1 week in first week of November and would like members help
      Can you please advise good clean hotel for circa $80 dollar which is good base for traveling and walking around or perhaps an apartment hotel would work good
      Also where we could go outside Shanghai for a trip and overnight stay to see life outside the city ..maybe by travelling 2-3 hours on fast train
      How about weather by that time- will it require us to bring jackets?- we would like to have light pack bag as possible
      And lastly, best restaurants to visit (not expensive just good value)

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    • amarshah's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle #5 from Pudong

Shanghai Oct 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Hello,

I would be reaching Pudong in the morning and need to reach People Square / Nanjin Rd from the airport.

Wanted to know if the bus #5 Airport Shuttle stops at People Square or goes further to Middle Yan An Rd ?

Could i request for a drop at People Square Metro ?

Thanks

Amar

1 Answer Dec 11, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    • rudysmom626's Profile Photo

Three Days in Shanghai!

Shanghai Oct 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Hey guys!

I'm spending 3 days in Shanghai over Thanksgiving break (visiting a friend who moved there for work) - I've never been to China before and don't know that much about Shanghai (the other two destinations on the trip, Tokyo & Hong Kong, I've been wanting to visit forever!) - what are must-dos and sees in Shanghai in a 72 hour window? I'll be staying in the Jing-An district, if that helps shape your answers!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
      Blake aka Rudysmom626
      VT Team

9 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    • amarshah's Profile Photo

How is Shangfu Jiari Hotel Nanjing Pedestrian Street ?

Shanghai Shi Sep 30, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Hi All,

Address - Address: No. 67 Guizhou Road, Huangpu, Shanghai, 200001. China

I am aware the hotel is not very great but ok. It has a great location for the price

What I want to know is as its located on the 3/4th floor.. are they lifts to go up or one has to take the stairs. Worried as will be having luggage.

Thanks
      Amar

• MarvaG's Profile Photo

hotels in shanghai china

Shanghai Shi Sep 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I was wondering what hotels are close to the Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai. I was looking at the Novotel since like the Accor hotel chain but I am not sure of its location

1 Answer Sep 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • hirdy's Profile Photo

Golf clubs

Shanghai Sep 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hi there does anyone know where you can get golf clubs please

3 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    • WidartoW's Profile Photo

need info about budget nice hotel in shanghai and Train ticket to Hangzhou and suzhou

Shanghai Sep 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Hello, i will be in shanghai in 1 - 10 October 2013, i heard that 1 - 7 October is the Independence day in china, is it right? and what i should concern about this event? are there anyone can suggest me a good nice budget hotel in shanghai for 8 - 10 October 2013? and also about the train ticket, i have plan to go to hang zhou in 5 October to 7 October, stay for 2 nights , and to suzhou at 9 october, but not stay overnight, should i book early for hang zhou and suzhou train tickets? because its still holday season and 5 october falls on saturday. Please advice. and if i want to book online and pay by credit cards, what safe sites for online train booking? thank you so much.

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    • Travel from Shanghai to Shuhe

Shuhe Sep 16, 2013 at 3:23 AM

What is the best way to travel from Shanghai to Shuhe

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    • travelling with meal powders in diffent or open containers

Shanghai Shi Sep 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM

I have a very strict diet of protein meal replacements and shakes

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    • Hotels in Shanghai

Shanghai Sep 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I will be in Shanghai first week of November and would like to stay in a hotel that is close to most tourist attractions...any recommendations?

8 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    • 7 days in Shanghai

Shanghai Sep 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Hi ...we are booked to be in Shanghai for 7 days over Easter in 2014. Have never been before and looking for accommodation hopefully with exec lounge acces on Nanjing Road or close at a reasonable rate. Some say the French Concession area is the place to stay. Our budget is around $200 au per night and can go up a little. As first time visitors would love some hints on what to see over those 7 days, I know it seems like a long time but wanted a change from our normal rushing around and do things hopefully a bit more slowly. We love shopping too and would be interested in at least one market. I am busy studying all the forums but if there are any experts out there. Also I am allergic to MSG in foods, how do I say " No MSG" in the corect language. Thank you

7 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • From East Nanjing Road to Hongqiao Airport

Shanghai Sep 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Hello:I'd like to know approximately how much does a taxi ride cost from East Nanjing Road Station to Hongqiao Airport,my flight leaves at 9:40 am also I'd like to know around what time should I be at the airport.Thanks a lot for any information.

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • MellySmelly's Profile Photo

cheap hotels in Shanghai

Shanghai Sep 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

where to stay economically in Shanghai

4 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    • Shanghai stay

Shanghai Aug 31, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Ok how to have full body service that is also Crime?. How to be safe either from the Service provider and from the Law?

5 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    • brendazart's Profile Photo

Weather & what to wear in Shanghai end of September?

Shanghai Aug 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Will Shanghai and Suzhou be horribly hot and humid end of September? What to wear -- cotton? No black?

5 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    • Stay at shanghai

Shanghai Aug 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I stayed at shanghai last year for 5 days. The First day i saw aBusiness card of girl infront of my room. I could able to understand, along with me my friend also there. I have not engaged even though i was intersted . Next month i am going. How to have a safe sex at My hotel room (i am afraid for Money and Health also). Is it Crime in shanghai

12 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 2:19 AM
    • EstebanE's Profile Photo

tuesday night

Shanghai Aug 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

whats the best club to go on Tuesday night? (tomorrow)

1 Answer Aug 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    • Taxi to Hongqiao Airport

Shanghai Shi Aug 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Hello:I'd like to know approximately how much is the taxi from Hotel Salvo 330 Guangdong Road-Shanghai to Hongqiao Airport,my flight leaves at 9:00 am.Thanks for any tips.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM