Shanghai Travel Answers

change location
soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Fengjing

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 14, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Does anyone know of this little and lovely place just outside of Shanghai ?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • chenbusm's Profile Photo

Re: Fengjing

by chenbusm Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Hi,i've got some information for your reference.
    You can visit Yushan (Yu Hill--about 300m height) in Changshu City, Juangsu Prov.
    It took me around 80 minutes driving from Shanghai.
    You can pay a vist to Yanzi (506 B.C-443 B.C)Tomb on the foot of the hill. Or serach the other two old tomb on the hill.

If you just want to make you free from the high rise building dominated Shanghai and get yourself a nice spring out, you can hike to the hill top. That might cost you about 2 hours. On the top of the hill, you can get nice view or fengjing.

If you have visited some old water town around Shanghai, Yushan might be a place you could visit.

Some links for your reference(Chinese website, but pictures could be your reference.)
    Yushan baike.baidu.com/view/68040.h...
    Yanzi Tome baike.baidu.com/view/609758....

P.S. Welcome to China.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chenbusm's Profile Photo

by chenbusm Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I thought fengjing in Chinese Pinjing, which means views or nice veiw...lol..rather than Fengjing town.
    ;)

• soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for the info . I will not be hiring a car but definitely escape the big city.

• tanjun2012's Profile Photo

by tanjun2012 Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Fengjing is a suburb within south-west of Shanghai. Fengjing is Jinshan District of Shanghai. Compared with Zhujiangjiao,another suburb in Qingpu Disctirct, Fengjing is quieter.

Special drawing by local farmers is a piont better to have a look.

Thanks google, I found the following wording about Fengjing for your reference.

"The 11 th Five-year Plan will see Fengjing's economic structure effectively optimized, modern manufacturing and service sectors fully developed, and a complete industrial development system......

Fengjing's unique geological location has long established Fengjing into a unique trade center.In the Ming and Qing Dynasties, taxation authorities in Fengjing also administered their power ......

Historically, Fengjing has always been the gathering place of talented people, and was known as one of the Four Famous Towns south of the Yangtze River during the late Yuan and early Ming......

Fengjing was appraised as one of the National Model Towns of Public Health and one of the Advanced Townships in Building Civilized Townships in China by the Office of National Patriotic ......

Fengjing Town has a history of civilization over 1500 years, and it was ever divided and governed separately by Wu State and Yue State during the Spring and Autumn Period As a typical market town ."

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines