Shanghai Travel Answers

change location
Karlie85's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Nanjing

by Karlie85 Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I'm under the impression that one can take the Beijing-Shanghai high speed train from Shanghai to Nanjing. Is it true that I could get a ticket just from Shanghai to Nanjing? Anyone know the approximate cost and how long the train ride is?

I found this website: beijingchina.net.cn/transpor...
so I will also email her. From what I gather, I can book the tickets 11 days in advance online, but I don't read/speak/understand Chinese, nor do I have a Chinese bank account. She also says there is a reservation desk at the Hongqiao airport, so that could work. Perhaps I can get my hotel to help arrange a ticket for me?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Fjordline's Profile Photo

Re: Shanghai to Nanjing

by Fjordline Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

There are frequent trains between Shanghai and Nanjing. You don't need the Beijing-Shanghai train specifically. Take the direct train from Shanghai to Nanjing is more convenient. And my knowledge of this train is that you can get the ticket on the same day that you leave. Now you can also get the train tickets at Hongqiao airport No.2 building F17 counter about ten days before you leave. You can check train schedule in English at www.cnvol.com. Pay attention to train which begins with letter 'G' which stands for high speed train.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Shanghai to Nanjing

by mango0907 Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 5:19 AM

There are many trains from Shanghai to Nanjin. You can buy it on the day you plan to leave. Of course, it will be better if book in advance. Asking your hotel to book a ticket maybe works.
    There are 2 railway stations in Shanghai. One is Hongqiao Railway Station, the other is Shanghai Railway station. The tickets of "Shanghai - Nanjing" are more in Hongqiao than in Shanghai Railway station. If want to take high speed train, buy the ticket with "D" or "G". If you arrive at Shanghai on Hongqiao airport, you can buy a train ticket there. The airport are very close to Hongqiao railway station. You can take NO.2 metro line from airport to railway station.
    BTW, if you wanna hotel to book a ticket, you have to provide your passport NO. for buy high speed train.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines