Shanghai Travel Answers

change location
JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Sleeping in Shanghai

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Hoping members can help with first-hand knowledge of where to reside in Shanghai. My needs are as follows:

We will be visiting Shanghai for 10 days at the start of November. For the majority of that time, we would like to stay in a more traditional and reasonably priced ("old or historic") part of town, but still within easy walking or commuting distance from the main attractions. For example, while visiting Beijing we stayed in a hutong, which was a fantastic experience.

For the remainder, probably over a weekend (two nights), we would like to spoil ourselves with fantastic views over the Bund or Pudong.

I would really appreciate any accommodation suggestions that would fit the bill.
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Mangiarew's Profile Photo

Re: Sleeping in Shanghai

by Mangiarew Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Maybe you can take a browse of below link:

anewgood.com/?s=_&continent=...

my personal favor is WaterHouse!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 4:05 AM

I stayed in Hotel Metropole. It is one of the historic hotels in Shanghai. It is just a couple of blocks away from the middle of the Bund and close to Yuyang Gardens and Nanjing Rd. From the top floor (at the end of the corridor) you can get a fantastic view over the river to Pudong. This is especially good at night.

metropolehotel-sh.com/l-en.h...

If you want to see pics of the view please visit my Shanghai pages.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Durin May we had 5 nights in Shanghai, in the Pudong district, 5 star hotel only 13 yuan by taxi to the Bund. Ocean Hotel, photos on my Shanghai Page.

• KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

by KaterinaJordan Online Now Oct 2, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Hi,

we made reservation through booking.com to hotel Salvo. It is a nice hotel, very well rated in booking and tripadvisor and built on 2004 (a guide who visits Shanghai often consulted me to check hotel's age). They have executive queen suite with Bund view for a very reasonable price. It is located 3-4 blocks fm Nanjing pedestrian street and two blocks from metro line 2.

booking.com/hotel/cn/salvo-s...

The important is I have a friend in Shanghai and asked him to visit hotel for a close evaluation. He said is a nice hotel with really nice Bund view.

Hope have helped you

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines