Shan State

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• unique venue

Inle Lake Mar 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is that possible to hold a conference of rainforest environment in Inle  lake with theme dinner and unique venue?

more
    • Trek Kalaw to Inle - festival days 2014

Kalaw Apr 11, 2014 at 4:30 AM

We will be arriving in Kalaw on the 13th and was hoping to do the 3 day trek to Inle April 14, 15, 16. However, the trek guide we emailed told us that they will do no trekking on the day of the festivals.
      Is this absolute? Do you think we can still find a trek guide even during that period?

more
    • Trek Kalaw to Inle - festival days 2014

Kalaw Apr 11, 2014 at 4:30 AM

We will be arriving in Kalaw on the 13th and was hoping to do the 3 day trek to Inle April 14, 15, 16. However, the trek guide we emailed told us that they will do no trekking on the day of the festivals.
      Is this absolute? Do you think we can still find a trek guide even during that period?

2 Answers 18 hours ago
    • unique venue

Inle Lake Mar 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is that possible to hold a conference of rainforest environment in Inle  lake with theme dinner and unique venue?

1 Answer Mar 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • Bagan or Inle Lake for an extra night?

Inle Lake Dec 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I am planning 10 days in Myanmar in January and have to decide to spend an extra night in Bagan or Inle Lake. Any suggestions???
      Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    • horaires trains

Taunggyi Nov 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM

quels sont les horaires de train entre taunggyi et thazi ?
      Merci
      Liliane

2 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    • is there a place you can swim in that hot water near Keng Tung

Keng Tung Oct 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I really like idea about driving 100's of miles and then relax in hot water - It must b posibul.
      How long time on motorbike from Mandalay?
      And can anybody help with a local and not expencive place to stay?

Great thanks
      Kenneth - going to Burma 10/11 - 13
      denmark

1 Answer Dec 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    • Daytime/evening temperature at Inle Lake

Inle Lake Sep 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Will I need a sweater at night on October 19th?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • Mosquitos in February

Inle Lake Sep 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I would be very interested to know how February fares in relation to mosquitos - is it a low season for mosquitos, i.e. small numbers? Many thanks

4 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    • KelvinL's Profile Photo

Taxi charges from Tachilek Borders to Kengtung Town

Keng Tung Dec 23, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Hi guys, i know this might be out of topic, i havent been back to my wife's hometown in years and i am thinking about doing so soon.

She lives in Kengtung , 3 hours from tachilek. We are thinking of crossing the borders and getting a "taxi"which back a few years would be about 2000thb per vehicle, does anyhow know what the rates are like now?
      MultiQuote
      Edit

1 Answer Dec 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    • SelphieP's Profile Photo

bus route please

Kengtung Nov 24, 2012 at 3:11 AM

my friend is in YGN now and he has to head back to Kengtung. Please tell me bus route

1 Answer Feb 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    • Need travel advice from Yangon to Lashio

Lashio Sep 4, 2011 at 7:55 PM

My family want to travel from Yangon to Lashio. What are my opions.
      Bus takes too long, 20 hours? How about train? How frequent is the flight?
      Julia

2 Answers Sep 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    • Karen Village in Tachilek

Tachilek Aug 13, 2011 at 4:07 AM

I saw in some travel blog it said that going to karen village cost 140B much cheaper than in Chiang Rai which is 500B. I want to see them in Tachilek, what should I do? Is the tuk tuk driver guide is okay?

• Air travel - Tachilek to Northern Thailand.

Tachilek Jul 23, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Am in Myanmar in late September and hope to be travelling up North from Yangon.
      Would then like to cross by air from TACHILEK into either LAOS or NORTHERN THAILAND. I believe you can get a permit from YANGON in advance to do this.
      Any advice about this would be much appreciated. Am travelling alone (single male)

2 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    • First timer...Two Days at the Lake...what is a must around the lake...

Inle Lake Aug 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Hi,

I will be arriving at Inle Lake in a couple of weeks. I just have two days at the lake. I land at Heho at 9:15 in the morning. I am staying at the Inle Princess Resort.

So I only have two days. I want to avoid tourist traps, but want to enjoy the lake life, seeing people, visiting major temples..

On day two Should I go to the Southern part of the lake Saga2? My understanding is this will take all day, and sounds wonderful, but I will miss other things.

Thank you

7 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    • flights to and from Keng Tung

Keng Tung Jan 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Are there flights from Yangon and Heho to Keng Tung? Which airline, how often do they fly and approximate cost? Also, is it necessary to have a guide for any treks that you do? Thanks, Andrea and Joe

6 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 2:48 AM
    • Drug education and help

Tachilek Oct 7, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Does anyone have the names or addresses of such drug education programs in Tachilek? I would love to visit and see what they are doing while i am there.
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 7, 2009 at 5:29 AM
    • Heho Airport to hotel transfer

Inle Lake Aug 18, 2008 at 5:47 AM

We will be staying at Inle Princess Resort which is on the lake. We would like to know whether we should book a hotel transfer from Heho airport to the hotel. Can you please let me know what was your experience of getting the taxi and boat on your own and how much it cost and whether there is much room for bargaining. I was reading how the taxi drivers form a cartel. Is it similar for boats too? Thanks very much.

5 Answers Aug 26, 2008 at 6:31 PM
    • shifuddin's Profile Photo

Travel Myanmar

Lashio Feb 23, 2008 at 4:38 AM

Greetings,

I'm going to travel to Lashio,Myanmar by Mid March, can someone give some tips to me regarding the situation there, a cheap accommodation but comfortable to stay, Taxi/Bus fare and so on.....

As I planned to make my move from Kalaw-Inlay Lake-Taunggi and last destination to Lashio and if possible for me to passing China border to Muse.

3 Answers Feb 24, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    • boat tours

Inle Lake Mar 21, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Hello!

How did you go about hiring a boatman and how much did it cost for one day?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2007 at 12:03 AM
    • Best value + fun Hotel

Inle Lake Dec 6, 2006 at 5:28 AM

I will be travelling in the Inle Lake area in February 2007 - I will be with my threee teenage children (13 - 17) and would appreciate some advixce on where to stay. I am not looking for western style luxury - more rustic charm and authenticity. thanks.

3 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 5:22 PM
    • daddave

Hsipaw Nov 15, 2006 at 10:17 PM

How come hsipaw was able to survive the the yunnanese invasion and survive to this day when the pyu were disbursed. Is there any historical documentation or information?

• Shan is Race, not Tribe.

Taunggyi Oct 16, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Mong Tai was a kingdom long time before. Now we are under control of Burma. If u have patriotic spirit, pls better use SHAN as a race and as a shan language (not dialects).

Pls learn the history thoroughly and then try to post the web. Don't let the other people think us(SHAN) wrong. Our culture and language is unique.

Thanks,

• looking for a friend in Shan State

Tachilek Aug 6, 2006 at 7:51 PM

How do i look for a friend in Shan State? She has got no address,
      and her phone is always answered by an officer, who does not allow
      calls from overseas.

1 Answer Sep 20, 2006 at 9:18 PM
    • adice

Taunggyi Jun 24, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Pl suggest easy access

and travel route 5 days in Shan State Myannmar

1 Answer Jun 26, 2006 at 5:31 AM
    • InlePancakeKingdom's Profile Photo

Where to eat???

Inle Lake Mar 20, 2004 at 7:16 AM

Which is the best restaurant and snack place in inle lake

1 Answer Apr 24, 2004 at 2:25 PM
    • Hsipaw

Hsipaw Mar 28, 2003 at 8:36 PM

Can You tell me about the church in hsipaw and U sai Hsai Ice Factory in Pan Hsao vallige?