Shah Alam Travel Answers

change location
terry1157's Profile Photo

Fried Kuey Teoh

by terry1157 Online Now Aug 6, 2003 at 1:41 PM

Where can I find the best fried kueh teoh in Shah Alam?

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • Re: Fried Kuey Teoh

by mjmlee Online Now Aug 6, 2003 at 6:20 PM

Gee now you are talking my language ie food. Fried Kueh Teow with cockles and eggs. I do remember eating them and there are stalls all over.Frankly I know of no eatery in Shah Alam. In Malaysia I thought most places have 'glutton squares' where one can inhale almost anything. Sorry I can help but put in my 2 cents. Enjoy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Audrey118's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Fried Kuey Teoh

by Audrey118 Online Now Aug 7, 2003 at 9:22 AM

we are so so mean to Shah Alam - but frankly - it is such a Malay area...I really wonder if there is any Chinese folks wanna open restaurant there....besides it must be halal to get popular in Shah Alam...i strongly recommend taking a drive to USJ or to SS2 - it is not that far off - can it be.... You may get noddles dishes in Nyonya Kitchen at Plaza Shah Alam... worse go to the hotel for it ... Incidentally I was looking at a magazine and they recommend this restaurant in Shah Alam - Restoran Gembira for nasi lemak - behind McD or lontong Klang at 0 Jalan Zikron e/7E

• petertktan's Profile Photo

Re: Fried Kuey Teoh

by petertktan Online Now Aug 8, 2003 at 11:48 AM

Hi terry! I always seem to agree with what Audrey118 says! I think your best bet is to drive to Sunway or Subang, depending what time of the day. If daytime, try corner coffeeshop next to Metropolitan College in ss15. For all night 'makan', try Sunway mentari(opposite Sunway pyramid)-there's lots of Penag style food there plus lots of night entertainment(pubs, nightclubs etc-heard alot of the waitresses are collge students!).

• yurijade's Profile Photo

by yurijade Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 5:33 AM

Hi, There are two shops in Shah Alam that I know sell fried kuey teow that I like (not too oily) but i'm not sure if it is the best . The 1st one is a corner shop in old Sri Muda. (section 25) and the second one is 5 minutes drive away from Sri Muda near the public bank. It can be seen from Kesas highway. I think the shop is call Sri Kota.

by yurijade Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 5:33 AM

Hi, There are two shops in Shah Alam that I know sell fried kuey teow that I like (not too oily) but i'm not sure if it is the best . The 1st one is a corner shop in old Sri Muda. (section 25) and the second one is 5 minutes drive away from Sri Muda near the public bank. It can be seen from Kesas highway. I think the shop is call Sri Kota.

• terry1157's Profile Photo

by terry1157 Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 2:20 PM

Thanks alot for your valuable informations.

• terry1157's Profile Photo

by terry1157 Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 2:22 PM

Thanks for your information and the back ground of your photograph is very nice with a Japanese touch.

by yurijade Online Now Aug 15, 2003 at 1:57 AM

Thank you. The photo is taken in a hot spring hotel in Guangzhou

• MichaelTWku's Profile Photo

by MichaelTWku Online Now Aug 18, 2003 at 9:25 PM

SEC 25. Where you can find chinese crowd and food over there. But actually Shah alam is very near to Klang. Why don't you try out some Claypot Meat in Klang. "Bak Kut Teh" Enjoy,,, have fun

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines