change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Specific Shops

Beijing Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello, im looking for two kind of shops in Bejing
      1) MMA Equipment - any MMA specific shop or big sport shop where they can have the MMA stuff
      2)Car Performance shops - i believe there is a street where all the shops are located im looking for stuff tuning and mods for my car

Thanks

more
    • I have 4 days to get from Shangai to Hongkong

Shanghai 16 hours ago

How should i travel on my way to hongkong?

we are going in april 2015. i will have 5 days in an around beijing, 2 days in xian, 5 days in shanghai and then i want to make my way down to hongkong and i have 4 days to do it.

I would like to see some of the sights on the way.

what would be thebest way or the most interesting way.

more
    • Art exhibitions in Shanghai

Shanghai Dec 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello guys, I arrived in Shanghai some weeks ago and will stay here for a couple of months to do a student exchange. Anyway, I recently walked through the Bund and passed by a hotel/art exhibition at the 'Swatch Art Peace Hotel'. They currently have a very nice exhibition, I guess it's called 'Faces & Traces'. My place is very near to the campus of the Fudan university. Do you know by chance any similar interesting museums or art exhibition in that area?

Cheers,

Scotty

more
    • z visa border run?

China Dec 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I worked in China some years ago, and now I'm thinking about it again. :)
      Can you get a z visa (after getting a contract) at a Chinese consulate in Thaiand or Hong Kong, or have the rules changed to your home country (such as Australia) only?

more
    • Yangjing's Profile Photo

I'm in lanzhou .wanna make friends

Lanzhou Dec 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I'm in lanzhou city .is midwest of china ,I wanna get new foreigner friends in my life,I'm female,and I have study abroad experience
      If anyone wanna make friend or in this city wanna some helps ,can find me .my wechart ID:yangjing7866

more
    • travelling from Guangzhou international airport to Grand Hyatt hotel

Guangzhou Dec 12, 2014 at 4:54 PM

What would be the best way to travel to the hotel?

more
    • rosielim's Profile Photo

Transportation from Airport to Dongmen

Shenzhen Dec 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Hi, Is there another way to travel to Dongmen besides taxi? I understand that they do not use meters. What is the price like? I have booked a hotel in Dongmen for easy shopping. What are the places of interests in ShenZhen that I can visit besides shopping :P And may i know what will the temperature be during 1 Jan 2015. Tks& Rgds, Rosie

more
    • gkaralakis's Profile Photo

Shangai .. when..?

Shanghai Dec 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Which is the best period to visit Shangai, and the other cities there..? Not at the pick of touristic period..!
      Good morning..
      George

more
    • Skeena63's Profile Photo

Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Dec 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

We will be traveling to Taiwan in January with china Southern but have an overnight layover in Guangzhou. We have heard that the Guangzhou Airport is horrible. :( anyone else feel the same way?
      Has anyone had a layover with China Southern in Guangzhou and stayed at their free hotel? If so which hotel and was there a market or something of interest near to it?
      Thank you

more
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Visa needed for China layover?

China Dec 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hi,

Looking for the best deal from Houston to Japan I found a flight that makes a layover in China ..In Beijing to be exact for like 5 hrs..

i'm about to purchase the ticket however I want to make sure I don't need any paperwork or visa to stay in the airport.. as I will be only "in transit"

Somebody has information on this or direct me with who I could ask?

thanks

more
    • To get a Chinese Visa or not?

Lhasa Dec 8, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi guys:
      In jUne 2015, my friend and I are planning to drive out of Kathmandu to visit Lhasa (Tibet), and then fly back to Kathmandu. question is, do we need a Chinese visa and Tibet permit, or only the Tibet permit? I've read the forums and heard both versions so anyone who has actually been there in the past few weeks, feel free to chime in with the correct answer please!

more

Popular Shaanxi Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• Mahlika's Profile Photo

female solo traveller

Xi'an Nov 11, 2014 at 1:52 AM

hi. i would like to travel from beijing to xian in December for 2 nights and then head back to beijing by train. Being female and in my twenties is it safe to travel alone in those regions?

7 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Restaurants in Yulin, Shaanxi

Yulin Jul 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Are there any good western restaurants or bars in Yulin?

• Zelrizeal's Profile Photo

Hiking Mount Huashan in Xi'an

Xi'an Jun 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Please can someone help me to find a site where i can book a two day hiking trip on Mount Huashan!!!!!
      I want transportation to and from the Mountain, I want to sty over on the mountain.
      PLEASE HELP!!!

2 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    • sandiegoserenity's Profile Photo

Going to sleep on mountain to see Sunrise...and want to make plans to get back to Beijing.

Huashan Jun 20, 2014 at 4:14 PM

My son is going to climb the mountain and wants to see the Sunrise. 1. Can he make a reservation at a hotel on the mountain? I cannot find a way...Or must he just go there and hoe for the best? And 2. On the day after, once he has seen the sunrise, he wants to come back down to the train station where the fast G trains are going back to Beijing. How long will it take him to get down and to the train station, and what is the best way to do that? G672 leaves at 9:48 am, and G660 leaves at 11:35 - can he make either of those?

Baggage storage in Beijing West for 3 day trip to Xian

Xi'an Jun 20, 2014 at 4:05 PM

My son is going to Xian for three days, leaving on a soft sleeper from Beijing west, then returning on a G train back to beijing west. He has too much luggage to take with him! Is there a way to leave luggage in storage in the Beijing west station? If so, is it expensive, and is it secure? Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • sarah346's Profile Photo

Meet up with people in Xi'an

Xi'an May 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Hello
      I am going to be teaching in Xi'an for a month in July this year. I would love to meet up with locals in the area this summer who can tell me about the city and show me what the locals do.
      Thank You

2 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Getting around Xian

Xi'an May 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM

We are arriving in Xian from Beijing by high-speed train. Can you let us know what bus or train will take us to the Drum Tower please.

8 Answers May 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Time of year

Huashan May 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM

What is the best time to visit? Obviously avoiding any holiday spikes or too much fog that would inhibit the hike. Doesn't have to be peak times but I'd also like to get the full experience (including the plank walk!!)

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM

See Terracotta Army and Huashan Mountain in two days?

Xi'an May 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I want to travel on the overnight train from Beijing to Xi'an, and see the Terracotta Warriors and visit/hike Huashan Mountain, spending only one overnight in Xi'an.

Schedule: Day 1 arrive Xi'an in morning to get whole day in Xi'an area, Day 2 in Xi'an area (spend night in hostel), Day 3 all day in Xi'an area and then leave on late overnight train back to Beijing.

Can that be done? Any suggestions for itinerary to do that? Thanks!

10 Answers May 9, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    • allen1f's Profile Photo

High-speed train from Xian to Shanghai

Xi'an Sep 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Is there a high-speed train to Shanghai? Helpful details please-with thanks

5 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    • allen1f's Profile Photo

Traveling to Xian from Beijing for two days before moving on to Shanghai

Xi'an Sep 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Travel by air via night train versus flying?
      Budget hotel Xian that is in walking distance or close to attractions/shopping/transportation?
      Your comments would be appreciated

5 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    • Miniature terracotta warriors

Xi'an Sep 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Last time I was in Xian we were taken to a wonderful museum outside the city ( possibly on the way to the airport) that showcased miniature terracotta warriors. They were behind glass still in the soil and also under us. We had to wear coverings over our shoes to walk on the glass pathway.
      Does anyone know the name of this museum and where it is?

4 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • ILAHI2013's Profile Photo

Xian Nightlife

Xi'an Aug 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM

HOW IS THE NIGHTLIFE IN XIAN ?

7 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Taxi cost--Airport to Terracotta Museum and return

Xi'an Aug 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Anybody recently been in Xi'an and hired a taxi from the airport direct to the Museum and had the taxi wait and return to the airport? Price on this in RMB? Did you feel safe leaving your luggage with them? I only have 8 hours in Xi'an between flights so need some up-to-date info.

10 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    • look for a part time teaching job

Xi'an Jun 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM

from Canada:)

5 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Hiking trails in Qinling Mountains near Xi'an and bus access

Xi'an Mar 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Am in Xi'an for several months and want to hike in Qinling Mountains south of Xi'an. Having a hard time finding information about trails/good hiking areas and buses that I could take that would drop me in the morning and then then that I could catch back to Xi'an in the afternoon OR is there a better way to approach this? Are there any hiking clubs in Xi'an?

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

pollution levels

Xi'an Oct 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

hi vt'ers

ill be working in xian next year and was wondering how the pollutuion is. i choose a smaller city to not get hit by bad pollution but i am not sure what it is like as i have not been there. i have heard differing reports. could anyone give me some hints or advice on this as i dont want to be stuck in a city with bad pollution. of course, i am not naive and expect some but just want to be clear before i leave at the end of january.

thanks

9 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

xian

Xi'an Jul 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM

hi guys

im off to work for a while in xian next year. any pointers on places to see eg bars, clubs etc. also the sites apart from the terracotta warriors

thanks

7 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • justanto's Profile Photo

travel from xian to qingdao

Xi'an Apr 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Hi fellow VT'ers. Can somebody help me with my travel plan? What is the best way (cheap and fast) from Xian to Qingdao? Then from Qingdao straight to Tianjin. If i choose to travel by fast train, do i have to transit in Beijing?
      Thanks guys...Justanto

2 Answers May 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    • Ihearttheworld's Profile Photo

Things to do and see

Xi'an Jan 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM

So I am going to Xi'an and I want to know what else there is to see besides the Terra Cotta warriors (which I am sooo excited to see). Any suggestions?

• nivriti1985's Profile Photo

Chengdu to Xian

Xi'an Jan 12, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Have some query for below:

1)What could be the best way to go to Xian for 2days from Chengdu? Looking for an economical way? Trains preferably

2)What are the main attractions must to be seen in Xian?

3)What Hotel you can recommend which is at good location and economical?

Appreciate help!
      Thanx

9 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    • dragon0419's Profile Photo

Xianyang airport

Xi'an Jan 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM

On our last morning in Xi'an, the guide plans to take us to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Shanxi Historical Museum and then to the Xianyang airport. Is it possible to see both of those places and make it to the airport by 9:30 am? My flight is at 11:30 am.

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • Grand Mercure Hotel, Xian

Xi'an Dec 12, 2011 at 11:34 PM

What is the easiest way to get from Xian International Airport to the Grand Mercure Hotel in cenral Xian. I am in a party of four.

• Is there any Radio Cab (Taxi) service available in xi'an?

Xi'an Oct 10, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Normally, it is very difficult to get a Taxi in Xi'an.So,i want to ask is there any RADIO CAB/Radio taxi service available? so that i just call them and tell them about myself and the location where i need taxi.so they will send an empty available taxi near my location.Is their any 'Taxi stand' nearest to NorthWestern Polytechnical University,Xi'an.

Thanks

1 Answer May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Train station

Xi'an Sep 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Do you know if there are lockers or luggage room at the train station? Im planning to arrive to the station around 9am and leave that same day by noon, I don`t want to carry my bags...

Thanks

• JanetLim's Profile Photo

Xian September weather

Xi'an Aug 10, 2011 at 8:28 AM

May I know if it is raining season in Xian in early September? Would it affect visits to major attractions if so? I intend to stay for a week there. Thank you.

9 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Recommended Tour Company or Guide Service.

Xi'an Jun 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Can someone please suggest or reccommend a good tour company or guide service in Xian to go to the Terracotta Army and other sites?

5 Answers Jul 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • Nailatourist's Profile Photo

Zhouzhi National Nature Reserve of Shaanxi

Xi'an Jun 24, 2011 at 6:40 AM

hello
      anyone can tell me how to get to Zhouzhi Reserve from Xian?
      does the park has a website? can i see pandas there?
      visiting hours?
      cost?
      anyone can help me on this? i dont seem to find much information - thanks so much
      naila

4 Answers Jul 8, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    • Xian travel with 6 year old

Xi'an Apr 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I am planning to be in Xian with my six year old daughter at the end of August. Could anyone please tell me:

1. If the temperature will be OK to walk around. I heard it's very hot in Xian in August

2. I am planning to stay in Xian for 3 days, arriving 29th in the morning by train and leaving the evening of 31st by train. The Warriors is our must see. Should I plan it on the second day or the first day? What else would be interesting to a 6 year old ?

3. I would like to stay in a hotel which is convenient to most tourist spots because my daughter may need to come back to the hotel for a break during the day. Is Bell hotel a good choice for that purpose?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • Traveling From Xian to Beijing

Shaanxi Sheng Apr 1, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hello. I will be traveling with 3 others from Xian to Beijing in a couple of weeks. We plan to take the train. Any suggestions for a place to stop between? We are looking for something a bit off the beaten path. Are plan is to travel to town between Xian and Beijing, stay the day & night, then continue to Beijing in the morning. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

4 Answers Apr 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM