Travel Answers
Sha Tin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Night Layovers and what to do with your luggage???

Hong Kong Apr 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be traveling from the US to Manila, PI in the fall. When I come back to the US I will have a night layover in Hong Kong and will do some touring at that time. Does anyone know what the options are with what to do with you luggage (2 large suit cases)????? Are you able to leave them at the airport securely for a fee???? Do you have to pick them up again and have them checked again???? I'm just wondering what the process will be???? Thanks!!!!!

more
    • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry Terminal

Hong Kong Island Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can I buy a round trip ticket to Macau at the Cotai Water Jet counter in Hong Kong?
      I searched the internet and the info is not clear to me. Some websites mention that it's only possible to buy a one way ticket (because of the difference of currency with Macau).
      I know that booking a round trip is possible online.

more
    • lifesaver888's Profile Photo

Stanley Market

Hong Kong Mar 28, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Visiting stanley market this weekend with co-tourist friends and its the only area we are quite familiar with but would like to explore the neighboring touristy sites.Where else could we go that are nearby the market? Thanks very much.

more
    • HONG KONG TOUR FROM 13TH TO 17TH JULY

Hong Kong Apr 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM

We are a group of 22 family members ranging from age 6 to 70, All pure vegetarians from India, plan to visit Hong Kong from 13th to 17th July this year.
      My tour operator has suggested for Hotel Regal Oriental for our stay. Kindly guide me on the following:
      1) Availability of Pure Vegetarian food at the hotel and nearby.
      2) is the hotel choice correct or we need to look for other options within similar budget.
      3) What are the places recommended for sight seeing? other than Disneyland, Ocean world, Victoria Peak and half day city tour that the tour operator has included in the itinerary?

more
    • Mickey16's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Hong Kong reviews

Hong Kong Apr 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Hong Kong for 5 days with my kids. We were planning to book with Holiday Inn Golden Mile in TST, Kowloon for its location. I was just wondering if it is good hotel, value for money and wanted some suggestions about their service. If not could someone suggest me with another hotel in the same location?
      Thanking you all in advance. Your suggestions would be very helpful.

more
    • transportation direction

by Cindy8390 Online Now Apr 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

May I know the easiest and shortest route from sham shui po to the Prince of wales Hospital by the public transportation? How much the cost and the time taken?
      thank you.

• Transportation Direction

by sifjlam Online Now Nov 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Please help,
      To: Toa Fong Shan, Sha Tin

6 Answers Nov 24, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    • How far to Sha Tin

by sfda Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Hi

Could someone help me to identify how far the Horizon suite actaully is from Sha Tin KCR. I am looking to stay for 3 weeks but have friends in Tai Po/Fanling, therefore will probably be further in the NT some nights.

1/ Will it be difficult to get on the KCR and then change to Taxi, and how much will the taxi be?

2/ I know there is the Ma On Shan rail system which change at Tai Wai. Does anyone know how far is the Ma On Shan station from the Horizon hotel? How much is the train each way roughly?

3/ Are there any supermarkets neat the hotel

4/ Does anyone know which are the best floors as we don't want to stay in empty floors.

Thank you your help

11 Answers Jan 11, 2007 at 9:02 PM
    • comfort and joy at Horizon Suite Hotel

by fillyphanatic Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 3:48 PM

I've read the questions and answers regarding Horizon Suite Hotel with interest and found most of it encouraging. We're planning a lengthy stay come January and were wondering why the units get so cold (beyond the draft)? Do they have no heaters attached to air conditioning units in the rooms? Also, if the beds are that hard, is there a shop nearby that sells those foam bed cushions? And while I'm at it, are bed and bath linens provided, how well equipped are the kitchens,how varied is the cuisine at the local market, and, since we'll be bringing an infant, how "kid-friendly" is the area? See you in the new year.

1 Answer Jul 24, 2006 at 12:57 AM
    • Horizon Suite Hotel

by Sue88uk Online Now Jan 18, 2006 at 2:59 AM

Hi everyone, just like to say hello and would appreciate any help with my questions.
      My family and I are going to Hong Kong in July for a month, two adults and two kids, and are looking for a place to stay, the problem is with having the four of us and we would like to stay in one room as opposed to two separate rooms. Someone told me about Horizon Suite Hotels, has anyone stayed there and is it convenient? Which floor/rooms are the best regarding lower noise levels, convenience to amenities etc. What rates have your paid? Would appreciate any response. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jan 24, 2006 at 2:38 PM
    • Wondering about Horizon Suite also...

by RDCHK Online Now May 5, 2005 at 9:34 AM

I very fortunately came acroos thie forum just as I am thinking of the HSH as a place to stay also.
      If anyone can help...
      ktk789; You've been really helpful. Now that you've been there another few weeks, what do you think?

I am concerned a bit about it being so far out from HK/Kowloon not only for the commute but for language reasons also. No Cantonese here-yet. Any problems?

What floor r u on?
      How much more for a harbor view?
      Planning on your entire year there?

Thanks for any help.
      And, this may be the start of yet another flurry of questions-hope u r up for it!
      thanks!

2 Answers May 9, 2005 at 5:13 PM
    • Horizon Suite Hotel in Ma On Shan

by TCNJ Online Now Feb 19, 2005 at 8:03 PM

Has anyone stayed or currently staying at the Horizon Suite Hotel in Ma On Shan? I'm interested in your opinion especially the best and worst part about staying there. Any other relevent comments are welcomed as well. Thanks in advance.

25 Answers Jun 30, 2006 at 9:57 PM
    • Tim88's Profile Photo

What to do in Sha Tin?

by Tim88 Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 6:51 AM

I often travel by rail between Fan Ling and Tsen Wan. What is there to see if I wish to ramble around there? Anything cultural, beautiful, or any places with good bargains? Any great parks or sports clubs? And naturally, any places where a foreigner might meet up with some local ladies??? Thank!

1 Answer Sep 14, 2004 at 12:38 AM