Sha Tin Travel Answers

change location

Wondering about Horizon Suite also...

by RDCHK Online Now May 5, 2005 at 9:34 AM

I very fortunately came acroos thie forum just as I am thinking of the HSH as a place to stay also.
If anyone can help...
ktk789; You've been really helpful. Now that you've been there another few weeks, what do you think?

I am concerned a bit about it being so far out from HK/Kowloon not only for the commute but for language reasons also. No Cantonese here-yet. Any problems?

What floor r u on?
How much more for a harbor view?
Planning on your entire year there?

Thanks for any help.
And, this may be the start of yet another flurry of questions-hope u r up for it!
thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Wondering about Horizon Suite also...

by Timothyhkc Online Now May 7, 2005 at 7:56 PM

Hi,

If you compare Shatin with other more centrally located places like Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay or Mongkok, it is farther away. However, Shatin is not really that far away from the centre. It's just about 30-40 minutes traveling time from Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon and 35-45 minutes from Central on Hong Kong Island.

Enjoy your trip.

Tim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Wondering about Horizon Suite also...

by RDCHK Online Now May 9, 2005 at 5:13 PM

Thanks for your reply, Tim.
    While I have visted HK 7 or 8 times I have never been up to Sha Tin.
    I will be relocating to HK for keeps (I hope), and in emailing HSH I found out I would be obligated for a 10 month stay for the best rate.
    The apartment would serve as both my home and office.
    I am wondering if I would be feeling a bit "too far out of it" being in Sha Tin and committed for that length of time.
    Not that I need to be in Wan Chai either... ;-)
    Thanks again for your help,
    Dale

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines