Travel Answers
Sfantu-Gheorghe

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• looking for Hungarian tour guide (with car)

Cluj-Napoca 20 hours ago

Does anyone know a local tour guide (with a car) in Cluj that speaks Hungarian? We need him for 3 days next week..(Tue. - Thu.)

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Pre war street names

Satu Mare Aug 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM

My parents grew up on a "tompo" street in Satu Mare. Do you have any idea where that is?

more
    • luggage lake bale...

Romania Jul 30, 2014 at 4:15 AM

I would like to visit lake Balea. I would like to know if there are lockers in the cabana’s at lake Balea, where I can store my backpack. Or, are there single rooms to book? I don’t want to leave my backpack in a dorm since I had twice bad experience with that, t.i. stuff got stolen out of my backpack in the past, while staying at a dorm. Perhaps, if possible, I would opt for leaving my backpack in Cartiasoara, at a leave luggage, a hotel or whatever facility. What are the options here?

more
    • Piata Ferdinand

Botosani Jul 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Does anyone know what the street in Botosani, once called Piata Ferdiand, is called now?

Stie cineva ce stradă în Botoșani, odată numit Piata Ferdiand, se numește acum?

more
    • Jingol's Profile Photo

Liquor market on Bucharest ?

Bucharest Aug 18, 2014 at 5:17 AM

Hi
      Which store is best for buy spirits in Bucharest ?
      Alcohol store for buying Whiskey or Vodka original brand
      Any help would be much appreciated

more
    • Buying train tickets

Bucharest Aug 12, 2014 at 12:03 PM

My plane doesn't get into OTP airport until after 8 pm. Am I going to be able to buy a ticket at Bucharest Gara Nord when I get there sometime later?

more
    • How to get to Viscri fortified church

Viscri Aug 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hello, ik want to go to Viscri, coming from Sighisoara on a daytrip. I read there is not transportation. I dont drive a car. How can i get there? Maybe via tourist information/ tours? I heard viscri is not that super safe place. Anyone can give me information?

Thanks in advance

more
    • NA meetings

Cluj-Napoca Aug 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM

is there a 12 step NA meeting in Cluj Napoca? We are visiting and would like to make it to one while there.

more
    • Transportation to fagaras mountains

Romania Jul 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Hello, does anyone know if there is transportation into the fagaras mountains, let's say near to the start of hiking trails. For example transportation to Sambata monastery or lake Balea? I am looking for busses, minitaxi's, taxi's etc to go there...

more
    • perla hotel

Mamaia Jul 23, 2014 at 4:04 AM

hello, i am trying to search for Hotel Perla in Mamaia i have searched many websites and couldn't find any results if anyone knows about it or have a phone number for him would e perfect.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • Jingol's Profile Photo

Romanian Leu rate ?

Bucharest Aug 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hello
      How much difference between maximum and minimum rate Euro exchange to RON in Bucharest ?
      I seen some country that above 15% rate between bank and money changer!
      I know fluctuates, I want know, Has it many fluctuates ?
      Its seem 1 Euro = 4.44 Romanian Leu now
      If there is very much different between commercial money changers and banks,
      Where is best rate change € at Bucharest ?
      Thanks in advanced

more
    • river travel

Bucharest Aug 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Now I have a better grip on our tour...Is there a ferry/boat service from Rousse/russe(?) to Constanta or near by ie. the Black Sea coast? and then public transport from the coast to Bucharest?

more
    • Travelling from Sibiu Airport to Medias

Sibiu Aug 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Hi, What is the best way to get from the Sibiu Airport to Medias

Thanks

more
    • what to visit

Bucharest Aug 8, 2014 at 9:39 PM

where to stay ? any precautions moving around town? language spoken?

more
    • jranin73's Profile Photo

Transportation within Sighisoara

Sighisoara Yesterday

We will be traveling to Sighisoara by train from Bucharest and would like to know what form of public transportation is available to get around the city.

more
    • animsoc's Profile Photo

Sports items

Bucharest Jul 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM

I think I'll win the, "Most bizarre question ever asked on VT" award with this one. (lol) But seriously, I want to know if I can buy a wiffle bat in Bucureşti. Yeah .. strange question. :))) I was thinking a place like Cora might have it? Store with a little bit of everything? I don't know if baseball is played or recognized in Romania but, wiffleball is similar only with plastic bats and balls.  I'll upload a pic.

Anyway, I'll be arriving in early September so, got a month to figure this out.  :p  Thanks again!

~ John

more
    • Leaving luggage in a safe way, while visiting places without staying overnight.

Romania Jul 22, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Hello i am planning to travel from Bucarest to Brasov while leaving the train for half a day to visit Sinaia Peles Castle half way the trip to Brasov. i am carrying a backpack. Does anyone know if i can leave my bag pack somewhere in Sinaia? The same question i would like to ask about Hunedoara (i am visiting that place on my way between Fagaras mountains and Apuseni mountains. Is it better to stay overnight there to keep the luggage safe? Or can i leave the luggage in a safe way at the tourist office of in a locker?

Thanks in advance

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Flights to Sibiu.

Sibiu Jul 21, 2014 at 9:20 PM

How could I go to Sibiu from northern Italy? I mean; What is the best way to get there by airplane?

more
    • Gara de nord

Romania Jul 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I am planning to book a hotel in the area of Gare de Nord. I heard it is a bit of a unsafe and unpleasant area. Is this true? Is it safe when it's daylight and what about during dark in late evening?

more
    • Bucharest to constanta

Constanta Jul 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Can we travel from Bucharest to Constanta by water? Perhaps a ferry or some sort of passenger boat? We are hoping to travel ultimately from North Sea to Black Sea by water and the cruise stops in Bucharest -we need to get to the Black Sea by boat if possible. Then to travel from Constanta to Istanbul???

more
    • Cheap, budget hotels in Romania: what websites can i find them?

Romania Jul 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Any websites that show cheap hotels in Romania? (No hostels with dorms.)

more