I am planning a trip to Romania in july, and I encountered a few questions which I am having trouble finding answers to:
1. I plan to stay one night at cabana Omu and one night at cabana Curmatura during two hiking trips at Bucegi mountain and Piatra craiului, and I would like to know if I must bring with me a sleeping bag (I prefer to travel as light as possible, of course)?
2. I read that it is important to book my stay in this two cabanas during the summer, and I would like to know how can I do that besides via phone (I don't speak Romanian)?
3. This is a more general question – do you have a recommended route for 1-2 days at Piatra craiului that starts and ends at Zarnesti?
My current plan is to visit Zarnesti Gorges and hike only to Piatra mica via cabana curmatura on day one, before heading back to Zarnesti in the following morning.
Im travelling to Bucharest in June and Im wondering can somebody answer the following questions for me.I have checked the Romanian Railway website,but I cannot get it to translate into English,even though it says you can.
1.Bucharest to Tulcea by train, how long will it take,roughly how much it will cost and the train departing and arrival times?
2.Bucharest to Galati by train, how long will it take,roughly how much will it cost and the departing and arrival times?
3.Bucharest to Husi by train, how long will it take,roughly how much will it cost and the departing and arrival times?
4.Bucharest to Ruse by train, how long will it take, roughly how much will it cost and the departing and arrival times?
5.Bucharest to Drobeta Turnu Severin by train, how long will it take, roughly how much will it cost and the departing and arrival times?
Can you tell me if its possible to travel to the following places by train,taxi,or bus
Tulcea to Izmail (Ukraine)
Galati to Cahul (Moldova)
Husi to Karpineny (Moldova)
Drobeta Turnu Severin to Negotin (Serbia)
Drobeta Turnu Severin to Kladovo (Serbia)
Bucharest to Ruse (Bulgaria)
I know its a lot to ask for but I would like to travel to some of these countries as a day trip or a overnight stay but I want to work out the best options for me.Thank you for any help you can offer.Chris.
Hi - I plan to fly in and out Bucharest airport. Wanted to know more about car rental and driving in Romania
- Any recommended rental company?
- Do we need GPS or road signs are easy to navigate?
- Is it easy to drive around (which side of the road is it?)
- Are there any specific driving rules to take note of?
- Is parking generally free or expensive?
The route I am considering:
Bucharest - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Brasov (day trip to Rasnov and Bran) - Sighishoara - Bucharest
(i.e. after flying in around noon to head to Sinaia, then visit the sights / attractions, finally from Sigishoara drive back to Bucharest and spend 2 nights in Bucharest)
Please let me know is this a good route or suggest alternative. Thanks!
Any useful tips appreciated!
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2013 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|