change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Family holiday spending money

Seychelles Apr 20, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Hi there,

please help, what would an average daily allowance be for a family in Seychelles. Accommodation/breakfast/dinner all pre paid.

thank you

Kera

7 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:24 PM
    • Types of Alcohol available to buy in Praslin

Praslin Mar 26, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Hello, can anyone let me know if it's possible to buy popular alcoholic drinks like Disaronno, Malibu, Southern comfort etc? Does the Island have Off licences or alcohol shops? Is it possible to buy alcohol on Mahe and take it to Praslin Island via the ferry or the plane?

Many Thanks for reading

Lawrence

1 Answer Mar 26, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    • Spas and treatments

Seychelles Jan 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Hello, when we arrive in the Seychelles we are staying on the Mahé Island and my girlfriend and I are looking to go to a great Spa for treatments and massages. Does anyone have any Spas that they can recommend?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2015 at 2:48 AM
    • Rain in February, is it so bad?

Seychelles Dec 14, 2014 at 6:02 AM

We are planning a trip to Seychelles in February but according to what I read there is much rain and even clouds to be expected. We are looking for a plenty of sunshine for our holidays therefore I am worried about the weather. Is it really so bad?

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • water sports in the Seychelles and best time to go?

Seychelles Nov 21, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Can any one please tell me if I would be able to jet ski in the Seychelles and how much it would cost?

Also what month is better to go there out of October and November. That is in terms of weather, sea temperature and quieter (lower visitor numbers)?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM
    • what is the best currency to take to Seychells

Seychelles Nov 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM

What is the most excepted method of payment out of pound sterling, euros or US Dollars for purchasing goods from a supermarket and shops. Payment for car hire, petrol etc?

3 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    • Staying only on Mahe, is it enough?

Seychelles Sep 30, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hello, we are going to Seychelles next Monday for a week, and we booked a hotel in Beau Vallon (the Berjaya).

I wanted to know if staying on Mahe will be enough. We wanted to see the giant turtles, the beaches and some markets.

The flight/ferry to Praslin is very expensive, but does it worth it?

And maybe you familiar with this hotel and can give me some tips?

Thanks a lot,

Alona

4 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • Mahe - La Digue Schooner

La Digue Aug 31, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Is the schooner La Belle Seraphina still going on weekdays from Mahe to La Digue (and vice versa) ?

3 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    • Sail vacation in Seychelles this August (at a discount)

Seychelles Jul 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Hi folks,

I'm organizing a sailing vacation trip in Seychelles in mid-August and am looking for people to join. It'll be on a big luxury catamaran/sailboat for 1 week cruising around the islands, snorkeling and adventuring. I was able to get a steep discount on the charter through business contacts - price would be roughly $600 per person when we split the cost.

I have 3 people so far and we're looking for about 4 more people to join. This would be a photo-centric trip, so if you're interested in photography, all the better!

Please message me if you're interested, and I will send more details ASAP.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 29, 2015 at 4:51 AM
    • Eddybushman's Profile Photo

La Digue - Seychelles

La Digue Jun 29, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Hey there !
      Where to snorkel ?
      Eddy

1 Answer Aug 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Bird Island Seychellen

Seychelles Jun 26, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Hello
      Ich plane meine Ferien auf den Seychellen. War jemand von euch schon auf Bird Island? Ist diese Insel empfehlenswert für eine Woche Strand- und Naturferien?

Vielen Dank für eure Antworten
      Dirk

2 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • Anse Georgette

Seychelles Jun 11, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Hello dear travellers!
      Can you tell me please some things about Anse Georgette beach?
      I heard that it is amazing beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Is this true?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Mahe or Praslin?

Seychelles Jun 11, 2014 at 4:46 AM

We have made flight reservations for the period February 20th 2015 till March 2nd 2015, and have booked a guesthouse and will stay the second half of the vacation on La Digue.

For the first half our originally plan was to stay at Praslin/Cote D`Or, with first night in Victoria since we will miss the last boat to Praslin (see other post regarding this). But we have now done some more searching and cannot decide if we should choose Mahe or Praslin.

We are into nice beaches and maybe an excursion one day, and we want to choose two islands/beaches which differ from each other. Since La Digue will be quite quiet we want to spend the other part of the vacation on a livelier beach. We have been looking at Praslin/ Cote D`Or-Anse Volbert as well as Mahe/Beau Vallon, but we do NOT it to be as Koh Samui in Thailand. Also, we do not want to rent a car, and we want to stay in a gusthouse as well on Praslin/Mahe.

Which island is the nicest of Mahe and Praslin? It is so hard to get the answer from googling. On Praslin I think we want to do excursions to Curieuse Island and Valee de Mai. Or should we go for Mahe and Moyenne Island? So many choices…….

BR
      Lena

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Hotel in Victoria

Seychelles Jun 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Hi
      My daughter and I will spend our holiday at Praslin and La Digue, but our plane will arrive to late at Mahe (15.30) to catch the last boat to Praslin the same day. Our plan is to stay in central Victoria; exploring the city during the afternoon and evening and head to Praslin with the first boat next day.

We do not want to spend to much money for sleeping only in Victoria, does anyone have an ok hotel/guesthouse to recommend in central Victoria? It is not that easy to find something using hotels.com, agoda.com etc in central Victoria.

BR
      Lena

5 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

What would you do?

Seychelles Jun 7, 2014 at 1:50 AM

The wife and I both have one foot in the grave but we are determined to visit the Seychelles some time next year possibly for our 40th anniversary in February but is that a good month to go?.
      Although we are not exactly Olympic class swimmers we do enjoy snorkelling which is probably the main reason we would undertake such a long haul flight
      How does the marine life and coral reefs on the Seychelles compare with say the Maldives or Egypt?
      We would love to spend four weeks island hopping, looking for beautiful isolated beaches but which one would you recommend to spend more time on?
      Would it be possible to arrange transfers and accommodation once we arrive at Mahe or would it be advisable to book everything in advance?
      We did a similar thing in Thailand, booking the first two nights in Phuket then travelling light and stopping on different islands taking a chance on finding somewhere to stay which worked out pretty well.
      I think we only slept rough on the beach one night which wasn’t ideal but we survived.
      Thanks for any reply’s in advance

3 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    • seychelles, la digue

La Digue May 19, 2014 at 11:36 AM

how expensive is la digue seychelles? food, hotels, guesthouses, etc.

1 Answer May 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    • Seychelles / Créole music Song title searched

Seychelles Apr 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hi

Could anyone tell me the title of this song, I recorded on the Seychelles. Unfortunately even Shazam couldn't find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-OoQloWG...

Regards
      Pat

• Budget accomodation

Seychelles Mar 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Even though Seychelles are never going to be cheap .. some accomodations are cheaper than others..
      Any suggestion for budgets - single rooms -- on the three main islands -- combo-island-hopping deal would be great.

2 Answers May 14, 2014 at 2:30 AM
    • safety for solo female traveller

Seychelles Feb 19, 2014 at 1:15 PM

My next backpacking might include Mauritius and Rodrigues.. nature and wild life, hiking, biking, snorkling, kayaking if possible.
      Anything to be careful about except for the "normal" stuff ... back to accomodation before dark, don´t display your "gold"
      Good advice to keep the budget (not really possible) but sort of keeping the budget? Want to stay 4 -5 days on the three main islands and make daytours from there... Unfortunately accomodation has to be booked in advance so it will be "really backpacking"

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • day trip in mahe with my son

Mahé Dec 23, 2013 at 4:58 AM

hello
      we will be in mahe in late march 2014.we booked kempinski resort for 6 nights.we have a 9 years old son.can you help me for trip planning. I want to see other near islands.is seychelle boring for my son?
      thanks a lot

3 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    • day trip in mahe with my son

Mahé Dec 23, 2013 at 4:58 AM

hello
      we will be in mahe in late march 2014.we booked kempinski resort for 6 nights.we have a 9 years old son.can you help me for trip planning. I want to see other near islands.is seychelle boring for my son?
      thanks a lot

1 Answer Dec 23, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • kalamboukas's Profile Photo

tell me please about seychelles.

Seychelles Oct 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM

i want to go seychelles this year, to go; worth to travel from as far away; I'm from GREECE and think to go there.

9 Answers May 14, 2014 at 2:48 AM
    • Food & Drinks

Seychelles Oct 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Hello fellow travelers.

Can I please have some advice on how much food and drinks cost in Seychelles? How much does a local beer cost? Cocktail? Meal in a local restaurant (curry, seafood, pizza, etc..)? What are prices in the supermarkets (beer, bottled water, coke, snacks, fruit, etc).

Are prices similar in Mahe and La Digue?

We are thinking to spend 5 nights in La Digue and 3 nights in Mahe. Will rent a car for 1 or 2 days in Mahe. Hotels will be booked and paid, so trying to budget for daily expenses now. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

• maggiefoss's Profile Photo

Should we rent a car when flying into Mahe?

Seychelles Oct 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM

We are wondering if we should rent a car when we fly into Mahe. We will be staying at a self catering cottage, so we will need groceries, etc. We were thinking of using public transportation, but don't want to feel stranded. I was reading reviews of the local buses and they seem to be on their own schedule. Walking also looked like it could be dangerous as one reviewer said the roads were narrow and cars and trucks came by quite fast. Its hard to get an idea of scale, of the size of the area. thanks

2 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • Cost of Living in Seychelles?

Mahé Sep 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

If i earn 1000 US Dollars and My company provide me house, transportation only then it's easy to manage in 1000 US Dollars?

13 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    • Affordable Yacht charter in Seychelles

Seychelles Sep 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Please give web site for hiring a crewed catamaran or small boat in Seychelles - for 3 PAX for 3 nights.

2 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • rustd408's Profile Photo

SIM card and burner phone needed in Seychelles

Seychelles Aug 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I will be arriving at 7am in Seychelles. I think the cell phone shops will be closed. Is there a place on the island, besides the airport to 1) buy a burner phone and "package", 2) buy additional minutes. I need to call the US and be able to make calls on the island while I am there. What should the average cost be for the phone and package? what is reasonable for the SIM and SIMpackage? $/call to the US. Do they have unlimited text/call for a limited amount of time?
      Thanks
      Dianne

2 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM
    • NataliM's Profile Photo

Coconut crab

Seychelles Aug 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Hallo! Anybody know where on Seychelles can taste a coconut crab?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • vivekpal's Profile Photo

Meal costs in Mahe area

Seychelles Jul 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Avg cost of meals ( Indian -veg) in the hotels and outside. would most likely be staying in Berjaya ,

4 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
    • vivekpal's Profile Photo

Taxi fare in Seychelles

Seychelles Jul 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM

What is the taxi fare from airport to beau vallon bay area

4 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 3:48 AM