Seychelles Travel Answers

change location

Honeymoon: Denis island/ Banyan tree/Praslin: loads and loads of questions!

by Lauraox Online Now May 19, 2006 at 4:25 AM

Just starting planning a honeymoon in the indian ocean! We have decided on the Seychelles because of the weather (we are going May or June). I have loads of questions which I would be so grateful if people would be able to help with! As a bit of background we are planning either a two or three centre, two week holiday
either:
banyan tree/taj denis island followed by la reserve/l'archipel/Hotel Acajou
or
banyan tree followed by taj denis island followed by la reserve/l'archipel/Hotel Acajou

1) Has anyone been to Denis island since Taj took it over? What do you think of it? Are they building a pool? Is this work intrusive? Will it be finished by May/June 2007? How does this compare to other Taj properties e.g. Mauritius? Is it a good option as a luxury start to a honeymoon?
2) Has anyone been to la reserve since the recent refit? What do you think? What are the main differences between these three Praslin hotels?
3) Are there good vegetarian dinner options (no fish) at these hotels? Are there good other restaurant options within walking distance of the Praslin hotels?
4) Are the seas rough around Denis island and/or the area of Praslin we have decided on at this time of year? Will this affect snorkling? From recent trips is the snorkling in these areas good generally?
5) Any recommendations for who to book with?
If you can answer any (or all??!?!) of these queries I would be most grateful! We travel a fair bit and I am doing lots of research but we feel that this is a very important holiday to get right!!
love
Laura

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Seychelles Travel Answer Locations