Seychelles Travel Answers

change location
DaveSamaroo's Profile Photo

Marine Charter Association

by DaveSamaroo Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Anyone ever used the Marine Charter Association for tours to St Anne Marine Park and can comment on their service? Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Marine Charter Association

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Interesting question. The Marine Charter Assoc. is, or at least was a kind of an umbrella entity at the Victoria Harbor facilities, where they oversee all the other charter boats in the area.

Things changed a bit back in 2007 or 2008, when the MCA was evicted from the Victoria harbor facilities. Dispute was over old land claims and the Victoria area was government property, but I was never quite sure just what they were forced to do.

I know that there was a big uproar from tourist vendors as any such marina facilities that could accommodate all the charter operations, would have to be located far out of town.

As far as I can see, the address for MCA is still in Victoria, so it might be a good idea in your conversations with them, to ask about any re-locations they may have undergone.

As a company, the MCA has strong ties in the community, but you may actually be on a charter run by some other vendor, as MCA oversees them all.

Not sure if this hel.ps, but I thought it worth mentioning..........d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JaimejavierB's Profile Photo

Re: Marine Charter Association

by JaimejavierB Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 5:48 AM

60€ pp for the tour that i would fairly pay 20€ even 20 is too much.. Where the earth do they think they are ..

30 min boat going and 30 back.
    Lunch without drinks

Just avoid it.. Go to baie laizair instead

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Seychelles Travel Answer Locations