Seward

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• exit glacir for free

by Maxi2014 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi, anyone knows if can i hike to te exit glaciar for free , or i must get a guided tour?
      Thanks

more
    • seward vs homer may 9-13 2014

by guerrem1 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 7:24 AM

plannning on kayaking, fishing, cabin camping, and glaciers would be just top it off. which has better weather, seward or homer during early may? both places look beautiful , but which has better scenery? better hikes? scenery is more important to me than wildlife. Any advice appreciated

more
    • seward vs homer may 9-13 2014

by guerrem1 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 7:24 AM

plannning on kayaking, fishing, cabin camping, and glaciers would be just top it off. which has better weather, seward or homer during early may? both places look beautiful , but which has better scenery? better hikes? scenery is more important to me than wildlife. Any advice appreciated

6 Answers Yesterday
    • exit glacir for free

by Maxi2014 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi, anyone knows if can i hike to te exit glaciar for free , or i must get a guided tour?
      Thanks

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    • Help after Cruise

by lyric1217 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Things to do while waiting on the evening train at 6:00pm
      Arrive in port at 5:00am
      Husband is interested in fishing any reasonable suggestions...???

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM
    • from Seward to Vancouver

by Silviagard Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

we are planning a cruise from Vancouver to Seward (possibly September 2014) and wondering at options when returning to Vancouver. Hire a car and drive? Take a train?

6 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • transportation from Train Station in Seward to the dock for the day cruises

by clk1964 Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

What is the best way to get from the train station to the area where the day glacier and wildlife cruises leave from? and since the train arrives at 11:05 and the day cruise leaves at 11:30 is it reasonable to think I can make it for the cruise?

Heading that direction on September 1

3 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • Rent a car?

by trutkowski Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I want to spend about three days in Seward, arriving from train. If I want to see Kenai Fjords by boat, Exit glacier, and stay at a BandB, do I need to rent a car?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    • Seward to katmai

by dmaysey Online Now Nov 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Is it possible to take a floatplane out of Sreward to get to Katmai? Additionally, how is the day hiking around Steward area?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Seward to Anchorage

by Grevil Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM

We will arrive by ship to Seward in mid May, and have 8 hours docked there.
      We noticed that the ship didn't offer an excursion to Anchorage. Is this trip feasible based on the time-frame? Would there be local bus operators doing this trip, and would they be easy to find on arrival, or should it be teed-up beforehand?
      If so, names of reliable bus companies would be helpful.

Also, what's the chance of SNOW at that time of year, and would good waterproof hiking boots be recommended?

11 Answers May 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    • Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tours

by Poesken Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM

We had a prepaid Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tour (900$) for the 2nd of August 2010. The Tour was cancelled due to bad weather. The owner assured us he would refund our money. Now (October 15) we still don't have our money back and if you look at Trip Advisor you will see that we are not the only one in that case. Can somebody (living perhaps in Seward) tell us what is going on? Are the owners really thieves, like some people seem to think. They don't answer our emails or calls.
      Annie, Ghent, Belgium

3 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    • firefly2010's Profile Photo

Seward and surrounding area

by firefly2010 Online Now Apr 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hi to everyone out there that can help me...I will be staying in Seward for 5 days and I am looking for things to do in the surrounding areas. I have a car as well. Looking for kayaking, boat rides, hiking. Want to see wildlife as well. Be there in August. thanxs

3 Answers May 18, 2010 at 2:53 AM
    • Getting from the Railroad depot to the cruise ship terminal

by k4mcpher Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Just wondering if there are taxis or a shuttle that will take you from the depot down to the dock?? I know its only a mile or 2, but I cant seem to find any information on it.

5 Answers Feb 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    • Possible activities in Seward

by trvelguru Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I'd love some help please. We are a group of 4 taking an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver to Seward. We disembark from the cruise ship in Seward at 3:00AM on May 21st. We will be taking the Alaska Railroad from Seward to Anchorage the same day. The train leaves at 6:00PM. Since we will be arriving very early in the morning and the train does not leave till 6:00PM, I was wondering if we could plan to do something during that time. All recommendations and advice are highly appreciated.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    • Family Accomodation for 2 days

by sweify54 Online Now May 20, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Hi
      Heading to Seward for 2 days next Aug, will have the 8 hours Kenai Fjords boat, exit glacier, Kayaking where ! and other tours if we have time.
      We are a family of 4, including 2 teens and yes we will have our rent car, what we are looking for is:
      A nice hotel, breakfast is a must, room accomodate 4 of us, 200-400 USD a day.
      All recommendations and advice are highly appreciated.

5 Answers May 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    • Seward Handicap transport

by smd369 Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 7:42 PM

We are taking an Alaskan cruise on Royal Carribean that leaves from Seward. We are trying to make on our transportation reservations but my wife is handicapped and uses an electric scooter. We are trying to find out if we can get from the train station to the dock.

Any information would be appreciated!

We are going in June.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    • Transportation to Anchorage

by sse1 Online Now May 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM

3 of us need to get to Anchorage from Seward the morning of Sunday 7/6. I see that there are busses and independent van companies. We will be staying on N Street in AK. They all seem to cost about the same. What do you suggest? How long is the trip (bus says 3 hours, vans say 2 1/2)?

2 Answers May 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • BobandHua's Profile Photo

Cruise Kenai fjords Seward or 26 Glacier Anchorage

by BobandHua Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 5:35 AM

We're going to be flying into Anchorage spending a few days then onto Seward this July and are a little torn as to what to do & where. Both places look fantastic as bases to see things. We will arrive late on 24th and stay thru the 31st then on to Florida. We live in China and this 1/2 family vacation (Alaska) and half annual family visit (FL).
      Planning so far for Anchorage: Float plane trip to view Bears, Jetboat trip, Stay at B & B (Mangy Moose)

Planning so far for Seward: Kenai Fjords cruise, some easy kayaking, stay at Princess lodge or Fox?? Fox's prices are up there, is it worth it? Princess seemed nice.

Wondering, if we're going to to the Jetboats in ANC is it worth doing the 26 Glacier cruise there too? Keeping in mind that as we live in China we are going to be under some heavy duty jetlag and it might be rough doing too long a day and our 9 year old might not be able to keep up (or we with him more likely) Last year at Yellowstone we were awake at 04:00AM and dead to the world at three in the afternoon.
      Anyone compare the Helicopter to glacier dog sled adventures? Which are better the ones out of Seward or Anc?

Thanks,
      BC
      PS I'll post same in Anchorage forum

• RV rental & campsites

by deetraveller22 Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I'd love some help please. I'm planning a trip for August and ariving in Seward by cruise ship. We have about 7 days to travel between Seward & Anchorage and would like to rent an RV. Is this possible from Seward or will we have to go to Anchorage first? Also any info on campsites would be great and can you just park up and overnight anywhere or does it have to be in an RV site? Thanks everyone.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

How long of a drive is it from Seward to Homer?

by swdke Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 12:00 PM

How long of a drive is it from Seward to Homer? Thank you.

2 Answers Jun 7, 2007 at 11:35 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Has anyone been to Exit Glacier this year - 2007?

by swdke Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Has anyone been to Exit Glacier this year - 2007? If so, how far of a walk is it from the parking area? How close were you able to get? Thanks, looking forward to your information.

• Kenai Fjords glacier tours

by ldlb Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 5:21 AM

I have seen that some companies offer half day tours which may fit in better
      with our plans. However, I am wondering just what you see on a half day?
      Is the full day just more of the same or is it definitely better?
      I see one company offers a buffet with prime rib and salmon-- is it really good?
      Any information and suggestions will be appreciated. Also, does it matter
      about the time of day when you go?

2 Answers Apr 10, 2007 at 1:41 PM
    • Air taxi, shuttle from Seward to Brooks Camp, Katmai Nat'l Park

by ldlb Online Now Apr 8, 2007 at 5:54 PM

We are looking for an affordable flight from Seward (or Homer) over to
      Brooks Camp in Katmai Nat'l Park. We are not interested in a sightseeing
      trip, just simple transportation to and from the park. We plan to camp at
      Brooks for 1 or 2 nights.
      Does anyone have any suggestions? All will be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 8, 2007 at 8:06 PM
    • 2 weeks in Alaska with friends

by krhava Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Plan to spend 1 week based in Anchorage area in a rental home, condo, or cabin. then 7 day cruise from either Seward or Whittier to vancouver. Questions

1. Rent a car in Anchorage and drive to sites of interest?

2. Try and drop car in Seward or take the train or other?

3. Best spots to visit from home base near Anchorage?

4. Ideas for best cruise?

3 Answers Apr 4, 2007 at 5:26 PM
    • looking for a local

by bearhunter36 Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 3:07 PM

hello all,

I will be in Seward in March. I will be attending the ANSEA instructor training and would love for someone to show me around the area as only a local can. if you may have time to show someone around from the east coast it would be greatly appreciated as i will not have my own transportation there. i will be happy to cover gas etc to see some of the area. I really want to see a glacier and would like to see denali but not sure how far that is away, if one has a boat i would also like to see the kenia passage

if interested please contact by email and leave contact info and i will call you

4 Answers Feb 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM
    • transfer from cruise to airport

by KIMBAKER Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 5:16 PM

I need to get from the cruise ship in seward to anchorage airport for a 3pm flight, on friday may 18th 07, are taxi's available and how much would that be? or should i book the coach in advance on line? thanks kim.

7 Answers Feb 20, 2007 at 5:38 AM
    • Traveling from Seward to Homer

by skaggs1234 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 6:49 PM

We are renting a car to drive from Seward to Homer in mid July. It is going to be213. for the one way trip. we are going to visit friends in Homer. That sure seems expensive. It is with Hertz.

I understand that there is a van you can take but it is a passeneger van and will probably be full and not very comfortable for the fairly long drive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? thanks for your help.

1 Answer May 31, 2006 at 9:54 AM
    • Glacier tour in March!

by smiler_girl Online Now Jan 30, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Hi

Was in need of information relating to doing a day tour of some glaciers down Whittier or Seward way - with transport from Anchorage - where we will be staying. Most of the tours I have come across don't start until May and I will be in Anchorage in March (13th would be the day for the tour)

Ideally I was wondering if anyone would know of a tour that will run - there will be 3 of us - or if someone knows someone who does charters and will take us out in their boat to see the glaciers.

Please help....

This would complete a trip of a lifetime!

Tam

5 Answers Feb 10, 2006 at 3:23 AM
    • PorkTeriyaki's Profile Photo

Kenai Peninsula in General

by PorkTeriyaki Online Now Sep 8, 2005 at 2:28 PM

I'm considering the Kenai Peninsula to visit next year; most likely the Kenai/Soldotna area. What can you tell me about affordable hotels/motels, places to eat, nightclubs, bookstores, historical places, group hikes & other activities, & especially things of which most tourists never hear? While there, I'll be looking into employment & housing. How's the market in Seward & Kenai/Soldotna?

2 Answers Oct 15, 2005 at 3:49 PM
    • Transportation help

by winkd2 Online Now Jun 3, 2005 at 2:53 PM

I need some advice. Looks like cars are already booked for rental out of Seward for the end of July. I need to get to Anchorage but can't wait until the evening to take the train. What is the quickest way to get from Seward to Anchorage?

4 Answers Mar 10, 2006 at 3:08 AM
    • quaffin1's Profile Photo

Any recommendations for Kenai Fjords tour??

by quaffin1 Online Now Mar 7, 2005 at 7:12 AM

Looks like many folks offer to book your kenai fjords tour, most seem to be third party agents. Guess it would be best to book directly with tour operator. I see Kenia Fjord Tours says they are original and #1. They offer full day trip to Northwestern fjord, which I hear is nice. They also offer 2 day trip, with overnight on Fox Island in a cabin, salmon bake and such.
      Major Marine tours offers full day trip to Holgate glacier, with reserved seat in heated cabin and buffet lunch. This could be nice to have a reserved seat inside when things are slow, as 9 hours is a long time to stand outside or sit on a crowded bench seat.
      Also I guess their are other independent operators. I have heard that Aialik glacier is nice, but don't see anyone that offers this trip.
      Any suggestions for which trip is best??

5 Answers Jul 19, 2005 at 9:05 PM
    • Flying in Alaska

by jj55055 Online Now Dec 26, 2004 at 1:48 PM

I'm going to be in Seward this August for 6 days on a company fishing trip. I am a licensed private pilot and would like to hook up with an instructor ( or experianced pilot ) and do some flying. Any info would be great!

1 Answer Dec 27, 2004 at 12:43 AM