Seward Travel Answers

change location

Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tours

by Poesken Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM

We had a prepaid Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tour (900$) for the 2nd of August 2010. The Tour was cancelled due to bad weather. The owner assured us he would refund our money. Now (October 15) we still don't have our money back and if you look at Trip Advisor you will see that we are not the only one in that case. Can somebody (living perhaps in Seward) tell us what is going on? Are the owners really thieves, like some people seem to think. They don't answer our emails or calls.
Annie, Ghent, Belgium

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tours

by Roadquill Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Sorry for your experience. I would contact the Seward Chamber of Commerce (seward.com/membership/board.... and use the contact information to e mail those on the Board. While this is not an official government agency, those in the Chamber of Commerce work very hard to keep tourists happy. They may make an inquiry for you and bring some pressure to bear. It is a relatively small town so most people know one another. Good luck, Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tours

by Poesken Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM

We have contacted the Chamber of Commerce a month ago and all they can do (and did) is forward our complaint to the owners. So this was not really helpful!

• pringlepoacher's Profile Photo

Re: Godwin Glacier Sled Dog Tours

by pringlepoacher Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM

This company was bankrupt and went out of business. Sorry for the bad news. I wish that you could recover your assets, but I don't think it's possible. The company had trouble because of it's treatment of it's animals. Please contact the Alaska tourism board and tell them what happened. They may be able to help.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines