Seward Travel Answers

change location

Getting from the Railroad depot to the cruise ship terminal

by k4mcpher Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Just wondering if there are taxis or a shuttle that will take you from the depot down to the dock?? I know its only a mile or 2, but I cant seem to find any information on it.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: Getting from the Railroad depot to the cruise ship terminal

by Roadquill Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 9:19 PM

It is so short a trip it seems ridiculous there is not something obvious, but there are several taxi companies you could probably reserve (sewardak.org/directory/index...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

Getting to cruise ship dock

by PR-7 Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I'm going to presume that you want to go from Anchorage to Seward by railroad, and then the depot to the dock by some other means.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply take a bus from Anchorage direct to the dock? I couldn't find shuttle between the depot and the dock in Seward, but I had no trouble finding buses that do the route I described.

www.sewardbuslines.net

is just one I quickly found, and may be the WORST choice. But there are several other companies that do the same thing.

• alapah's Profile Photo

by alapah Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I would think the cruise companies would provide buses or shuttles to carry passengers between the two.

• Re: Getting from the Railroad depot to the cruise ship terminal

by sobiewan Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Yes there are taxis but it's really just a very short walk. If you have luggage I'm sure that you can make arrangements for them to be delivered to the ship from the train. If not do call a taxi. It's a little hard to drag luggage across the tracks and down the street. If you can make arrangements for luggage. It's best to walk.

• cruiselovers28's Profile Photo

by cruiselovers28 Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM

You can visit www.anchorage.net for listings of bus companies that do the transfer. We have used www.sewardalaskabus.com last summer and really enjoyed everything. They picked us up at the airport in Anchorage and dropped off directly at the cruise ship for very affordable price38 per person. I would recommend this alternative company to anyone.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines