Seward Travel Answers

change location

Possible activities in Seward

by trvelguru Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I'd love some help please. We are a group of 4 taking an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver to Seward. We disembark from the cruise ship in Seward at 3:00AM on May 21st. We will be taking the Alaska Railroad from Seward to Anchorage the same day. The train leaves at 6:00PM. Since we will be arriving very early in the morning and the train does not leave till 6:00PM, I was wondering if we could plan to do something during that time. All recommendations and advice are highly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: Possible activities in Seward

by balhannah Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Have a look at this webpage
    http://www.10best.com/Seward,AK/
    It will tell you all you need to know. We did a cruise also, but the opposite way, so didn't have this problem.
    you will have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

by mikelisaanna Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Definitely do a boat tour of Kenai Fjords National Park. The boats leave from Seward. Feel free to visit our Kenai Fjords page here on Virtual Tourist for more info.

• yoyosh's Profile Photo

by yoyosh Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

While in Seward we did some kayaking with a guide, that included a boat ride/whale watching as well as lunch. It was amazing, and we got to see some whales on the boat cruise as well as some other animals up close and personal while kayaking. I'm sure a google search would help you find some kayaking options depending on your budget.

• Re: Possible activities in Seward

by sobiewan Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Try a 3hr cruise with Renown Tours. The tour is awesome! We saw many different types of wildlife including humpback and two pods of Orcas. The rugged coastline is gorgeous! We've taken the exact trip that you are describing twice. Both times we did 3hr. wildlife tours and have been very, very happy. You will get back in plenty of time to do a little shopping eat something and still catch the train. Trust me, you'll have plenty of time and will be glad you took this tour. One warning, if you are prone to seasickness you may want to take Bonine before boarding this small boat. My family and I had no problems but their were a couple of people onboard who did get a little sick.The Renown office is located within a short walk from where you will disembark. The good people at Renown were nice enough to store our luggage for us until we were ready to leaveand go to the train station.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines