Seward Travel Answers

change location

Family Accomodation for 2 days

by sweify54 Online Now May 20, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Hi
Heading to Seward for 2 days next Aug, will have the 8 hours Kenai Fjords boat, exit glacier, Kayaking where ! and other tours if we have time.
We are a family of 4, including 2 teens and yes we will have our rent car, what we are looking for is:
A nice hotel, breakfast is a must, room accomodate 4 of us, 200-400 USD a day.
All recommendations and advice are highly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • pcg821's Profile Photo

Re: Family Accomodation for 2 days

by pcg821 Online Now May 20, 2009 at 6:02 AM

I stayed at the Seward Windsong Lodge a few years ago and was very happy with the hotel.It is a few minute drive from downtown so you do not have much noise at night.The hotel is many different buildings all set in wooded areas each section has about 8-10 rooms it a very nice setup.Exit Glacier is about 5 miles from the hotel on the same road,the hotel is on Exit Glacier Rd.There is a restaurant on the hotel grounds The Resurrection Roadhouse but if was a bit expensive ,since you have car it would to cheaper to eat in town.If you book any type of flight seeing tour in Seward book it in the afternoon ,the morning are some times to foggy or the clouds are to low for them to fly,enjoy Alaska it a great destination
    http://www.sewardwindsong.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

by mikelisaanna Online Now May 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Trip Advisor has a bunch of listings for Seward. www.tripadvisor.com

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

by RickinDutch Online Now May 20, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I've stayed at the Seward Hotel a few times and was happy with it. Once we had two young ones with us and had cots set up. But it has been a few years and I know Seward has more choices to stay at now.
    The advice on flying in the afternoon to avoid fog is a good one - never thought to mention it before.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now May 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Nice hotel???, breakfast a must??? You are talking Seward right, not New York? All kidding aside, what I loved about Seward was it had a rustic feel. Most of the hotels I saw were quaint at best. We stayed at the Windsong as mentioned above and it worked out very well. Karl

• Re: Family Accomodation for 2 days

by Garyb425 Online Now May 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM

My wife and I stayed in the Edgewater Hotel there a couple of years ago and really liked it http://www.hoteledgewater.com/

It is apparently a Best Western now, and they have continental breakfast included (I don't think they did when I stayed there). We loved the location, looks out over Resurrection Bay. Seward is a small town, but a very beautiful place. I wish I was going!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines