Seward Travel Answers

change location

looking for a local

by bearhunter36 Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 3:07 PM

hello all,

I will be in Seward in March. I will be attending the ANSEA instructor training and would love for someone to show me around the area as only a local can. if you may have time to show someone around from the east coast it would be greatly appreciated as i will not have my own transportation there. i will be happy to cover gas etc to see some of the area. I really want to see a glacier and would like to see denali but not sure how far that is away, if one has a boat i would also like to see the kenia passage

if interested please contact by email and leave contact info and i will call you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • pcg821's Profile Photo

RE: looking for a local

by pcg821 Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 7:28 PM

When you are in Seward ,Exit Glacier is only a few miles away,you can walk up very close to glacier.My Alaska page has a photo of Exit Glacier on it.
    "Alaska 2004" - Alaska by pcg821
    If you are staying at the Seward Windsong Lodge, Exit Glacier is on the same road as hotel.March is to early for tour boats of Kenai Fjords National Park,boat start running in May Small Boat Harbor is most likely still frozen.Denali National park is not near Seward it is about 10 hours trip by bus,that is if the highway is open around Cook Inlet.
    Enjoy Alaska is great
    Pete

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: looking for a local

by glacierlady Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 5:34 AM

I'll show you around. How do I get your email address?? Are you a nice bear? ;)

• RE: RE: looking for a local

by bearhunter36 Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

glacier lady

that is great, its nice of you to offer to show a easterner around. Yes I am a nice bear

contact info
    bearhunter36@hotmail.com
    # 704-400-1879

• RE: RE: looking for a local

by bearhunter36 Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM

thanks for the local info, very excited to come to alaska. Any ideas on food, shopping,good bars, must see places in seward

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines