Sevilla Travel Answers

change location
ozalp's Profile Photo

Food and flamenco

by ozalp Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:20 AM

We'll be on the road in Andalucia between 23rd of April and 30th of May. My duties are studying Ronda, finding restaurants and places to see some flamenco shows. I am here to find some good advices for Sevilla. I want to see a decent flamenco show and eat good meal. My Footprint book recommends, for example, a place called La Carboneria for flamenco show.
What about your advices?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Food and flamenco

by gwened Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM

La Carboneria is ok touristic but ok.
    all are anyway by now, see these good ones too
    http://www.tablaoelarenal.com/
    http://www.tablaolosgallos.com/
    and more to read about them
    sevillaflamenco.com/tablaos-...

enjoy the experience. Hope it helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Ozlem, I'd imagine you're making your way too to Granada which has a long tradition of the flamenco as well. The gypsies of this city continue to live up hill in homes that are strangely carved out like little caves on the side of the mountain. There are spontaneous flamenco performances here which have been attracting many visitors and locals alike, some obviously are catered principally to foreign visitors but they are real and generally heart-felt nevertheless. A good idea to talk to the tourist office in each city to get a better word and suggestion.

1 member found this helpful

• WomBatt's Profile Photo

by WomBatt Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Maybe you need an understanding as well as direction - exploreseville.com/flamenco....

• ozalp's Profile Photo

by ozalp Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Thank you Gabriel. Asking the tourist office is a good idea as well as a flamenco show in Granada. And thanks for the web site WomBatt.

• WomBatt's Profile Photo

by WomBatt Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Thanks for the thanks.

• PacoB's Profile Photo

by PacoB Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Hi! I live in Seville so I could show you my city in Holy week...Let me know your arribal.
    This is my email: pacobenitez1962@gmail.com
    Kind regards

• Re: Food and flamenco

by terramundi Online Now May 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

For good food these are some ideas:

- Seville: La Azotea, Duo Tapas, Bar Antojo and Puratasca - all these are amazing. Do not miss the chance to have a drink on the roofs of Hotel EME or Dona Maria. Expensive but the views over La Giralda at night are cool

- Jerez: Sabores, Albala, La Carbona and one Tabanco, such El Pasaje or San Pablo (for the potato omelette)

- Granada: Los Diamantes, El Tabernaculo (for the looks), Castaneda, Cunini and, since you are in Granada, the piononos in the Reyes Catolicos pastiserie

- Ronda: if you like consistent breakfasts (despite it is a bit expensive), spend one night in the Parador. Views from the rooms are amazing, especially the ones looking towards the valley or the new bridge and the breakfast is (or used to be) superb

For Seville, Jerez and Granada we followed the Black Sheep Guides while Ronda we got it from a friend and no regrets at all

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines