Sevilla Travel Answers

change location

Walk or taxi

by allob Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

We are staying in The Plaza de la Encarnacion. How far to walk from Avenida de la CID (last stop for airport bus. Is it better to take a taxi from there, or is there an easier way from the airport?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leon.partsi's Profile Photo

Re: Walk or taxi

by leon.partsi Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Hey,

It looks like it might be about 3.5km - too far if you all have full check in bags. Of course if you are travelling carry on only that might not be too bad. I'd take the taxi from the last bus stop. Honestly, a taxi from the airport shouldn't be more than about 20 euro.

Cheers, Leon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Walk or taxi

by allyob Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Thanks Leon. Taxis are about 24 euros now....flat rate, apparently. I've been told to take the airport bus to Santa Junta station and jump on the No. 32 bus to Plaza Encarnacion. However, might just jump in a taxi as you suggest. We might meet others arriving who want to share one.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM

It is a shorter walk to/from the Santa Justa station which is also one of the stops that the bus makes on the way to/from the airport. (Google maps shows it as a 20 minute walk) The last time I was in Sevilla I just took the taxi to the airport. Most of the time seems to be spent going through the sidestreets in Sevilla. Considering the airport is only 6 miles from central Sevilla it does seem a little dear for a taxi. But probably worth it to be plopped down by your hotel.

• johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 3:22 AM

It seems a shame to go to all the bother of taking a bus only to be dropped miles away and then have to take a cab round all those side streets. Plus it can be mind-bogglingly hot in Sevilla. Take the taxi direct I'm afraid.

Not sure a warrior like Cid would've liked being called feminine though - Avenida DEL Cid!

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Walk or taxi

by allyob Online Now May 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Thanks for all the help. Found the airport bus goes from near us direct to the airport. However, we opted not to walk our cases up the uneven pavements and took a cheap taxi to the main station, and picked up the airport bus from there.

Had a brilliant time despite the rain........ Seville is ALL old town, so great fun getting lost, despite the map. Outside the main touristy area, beer at 60c a glass, and wine at 1.50 eu, with great tapas, yet still full of atmosphere.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines