Sevastopol' Travel Answers

change location

SAPUN GORA MUSEUM

by peteroconnor Online Now Jan 8, 2012 at 5:44 AM

hello my name is peter im knew to the forum i just signed up today .i' shall be travelling to ukraine from late march to april . will be in sevastopol for a couple of days just wondering if the sapun gora musem / panorama opens 7 days a week or its wednesday to sunday like the sevastpol panorama & the black sea fleet museum . hoping for some replys as i cannot seem to find opening times on the web & its not listed in in lonely planets latest book .

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: SAPUN GORA MUSEUM

by peteroconnor Online Now Jan 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

eugene thank you very much for the information it was very helpful .just one more quick question if i could please. does the cold war museum in balaklava open on monday or does it close on that day please any info would be helpful

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: SAPUN GORA MUSEUM

by Gritz_Scherban Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I worked in Sevastopol about a year at "35th Coastral Battery" museum at cape Khersones (I'm a historian). I know town (a little :-) and can be usefull (and be glad to hang out with new people). Also my friend now works at Sapun Gora Museum (it's a department of National Museum of Heroic Defence and Liberation of Sevastopol).

I'll probably go to Sevastopol in mid-april. So feel free to mail me Gritz@ua.fm
    Sorry for me english ;-))))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sevastopol'