Sevastopol' Travel Answers

change location
elale's Profile Photo

Russian courses and family accomodation at Sevastopol

by elale Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hi vtourists !

My name is Alejandro and I live in Madrid, Spain. I´m planning to take a 3 or 4 weeks russian beginners course on january 2010 and I think Sevastopol will be great location cause it is a big city, lot of places to visit and things to do and is mostly russian speaking in a southern city where winter is not so hard, is this right sevastopolians ?
Can someone give me contact for russian language institutes and inform me where to look for accomodation with family ?
Thank you very much in advance, and if somebody from Sebastopol wants to answer me, for sure I will be pleased to invite you a beer, coffee or whatever in your city !
до свидания!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Marywhotravels's Profile Photo

Re: Russian courses and family accomodation at Sevastopol

by Marywhotravels Online Now Sep 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Hi! I don't know if you've found a program yet, and I don't have any specific information for you, but I suggest you look up the universities in Simferopol. There are many, and even though they may not have programs set up for westerners to study Russian (becase they aren't used to getting many people for this), they probably would be willing to set you up with a Russian teacher and could help you find a local student's family to live with. It's a very pleasant city that I've been to many times, and I've worked with some of the universities there, and you just need to reach out to them and tell them what you're looking for.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • elale's Profile Photo

Re: Russian courses and family accomodation at Sevastopol

by elale Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Mary, thank you very much for your answer, I am really excited about this project of going to study russian.
    I tell you I have contacted the Tavrida National V.I.Verndsky Univ in Simferopol, but they only offered me private lessons and I prefer to work with a group. Related to the accomodation is another point, I don´t know the standards but I think they are asking for much money as they asked me for 12 euros a day just b&b.
    Do you have any suggestion ? can you contact me with people in Simferopol ?¿? I really apreciate your help. I look forward to your reply, thank you very much in advance

regards, Alejandro

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sevastopol'