Sevastopol' Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Sevastopol to Kiev

by Dartmouth306 Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 11:47 PM

How do you travel from Sevastopol to Kiev. Is there any airline service? Is their railroad service and how long does it take. Or do you have to drive or take a bus and how long does that take?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

RE: Travel from Sevastopol to Kiev

by nhoolb Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 4:32 AM

by train. check on http://www.poezda.net Flying is possible but from Simferopol, by AeroSvit and Ukraine International (often code-shared flights). Used them regularly and they are reliable. Be careful though in winter-time, delays possible due to weather. The train is (almost) always on time, takes around 18 hours (leave mid-afternoon, arrive early morning).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Travel from Sevastopol to Kiev

by polrbear Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 12:15 PM

nhoolb is spot-on. Ticket prices for flights between Simferopol and Kiev were running around80-100 each direction 2 months ago. Train prices for 1st class train tickets (2 per cabin) were around80 also, I believe. A bit cheaper for 2nd class (4 per cabin) and some very cheap open seating/sleeping wagons. If you haven't taken the train, I would suggest it just for the experience, but the difference in times (1.5-2 hours by plane vs. 16-18 hours by train) made it an easy decision for me.

• RE: Travel from Sevastopol to Kiev

by sevastopol1 Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 12:36 PM

very easy by plane. when you are in sevastopol or want to go there, you may cantact someone i know. the are Dutch and living and working in Sevastopol as a travelagent. it is kozaktravel. they can arrange a lot for you.

greetings,

Tonya
    ps. have much fun in Sevastopol! it is a fantastic town. I never would like to leave it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sevastopol'