Sevastopol' Travel Answers

change location
curmo's Profile Photo

Travel to Sebastapol

by curmo Online Now Nov 9, 2003 at 6:03 AM

What's the easiest way of getting to Sebastapol? Are ther flights from Kiev or Odessa for example?

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Re: Travel to Sebastapol

by neanna Online Now Nov 9, 2003 at 7:43 AM

From Kiev to Sevastopol you can two ways by train and by fly , Traine is everydeys and fly is ones ore twice a weak

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Travel to Sebastapol

by IngaA Online Now Nov 9, 2003 at 8:30 AM

Odesa is quite far from Sevastopil, I don't thik it's the best way to go via Odesa. There are trains Kyiv-Sevastopil. Check this lick : travel-2-ukraine.com/informa...

• curmo's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Travel to Sebastapol

by curmo Online Now Nov 10, 2003 at 9:38 AM

Neanna, Thanks for your reply. Do you know how I can get flight information for Kiev to Sevastapol? Are they sceduled flights?

• curmo's Profile Photo

by curmo Online Now Nov 10, 2003 at 9:43 AM

IngaA, Thanks. I'd need to prebook the ticket from the UK and this might be a problem. Regards, Curmo

• IngaA's Profile Photo

by IngaA Online Now Nov 10, 2003 at 9:45 AM

it's absolutely not needed, I mean prebooking. Just go to the ticket office and buy it. Or at the railway station. 2 hours b4 the departure the reservation is cancelled and there r always free tickets. Well, unless you go in peak summer time of course.

• Carletto76's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Travel to Sebastapol

by Carletto76 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 2:35 AM

Hi IngaA, I see you are an expert, so I kindly ask you something more! ;)

I'm planning a trip to Ukraine and I should take the train from Kyiv to Simferopol' as well. I'd be there in August so I suppose it's a high-tourist period, what do you suggest for booking the train? It's better to go to the station a couple of days before the departure date? And the same for Simferopol' to Odessa and Odessa to L'viv and L'viv to Kyiv which are my following routes?
    Thank you in advance! :)

Carlo

• IngaA's Profile Photo

by IngaA Online Now May 23, 2006 at 3:01 AM

Hello,
    Well, I'm not expert at all, just a Ukrainian citizen. :)
    I must confess that august is indeed a high season and you might face a problem.
    For booking try to go to the station as much in advance as possible, 2 days might be not enough.
    If it fails, usually the booking is being cancelled at the day of departure, about 3-4 hours in advance. You might try this as well. And the last option is to try to 'bribe' the wagon conductor, for some money (I can't tell you how much, it depends on the train, season prices, etc) they can 'accommodate' you in their sleeping compartment.

• Carletto76's Profile Photo

by Carletto76 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 3:19 AM

Wow, that's an exciting solution, but I won't be alone, I should be with a couple of friends, so bribing the conductors seems to be quite complicated! :)

I didn't expect it was so complicated to find a place on a train! Anyway if I arrive in Kyiv on "day 1" and leave on "day 4" I hope to fina a place, going at once to the Railway Station. Or is it possible to book online or through some agency in Kyiv?

And the overcrowded trains are just the ones going to Crimea or also on Odessa-L'viv-Kyiv route? This should be a little less crowded, I hope...

Thank you very much in any case! :)

• IngaA's Profile Photo

by IngaA Online Now May 23, 2006 at 3:30 AM

You can find a flat at the reailway station, there are lots of people offering accommodation there. But booking through Internet is also possible. Through Internet you'll find perhaps flats in better condition and closer to the centre, but I guess it'll cost higher.

Rergarding the trains. Usually the conductor can take 1, 2 at maximum. But you can try different wagons, anyway it's an option you should know, it might help.

Trains to Carpathian is also full because it's the resort as well. There is no sea there but the climat is very good for treating many deceases, there are plenty of sanatoriums there and this destination is also popular.

Odesa is as much popular as Crimea because it's the sea port and sea resort city.
    Sorry to disappoint you but that'sd the truth we're facing.

• RE: RE: Travel to Sebastapol

by TomInSev Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 4:35 AM

There are 2 trains per day from Kiev to Sevastopol (19 hours overnight). A 2-person sleeping cabin costs50 USD/person; 4-person cabin about20/person; regular car about10/person each way.
    There are several flights per day (75 minute flight) from Kiev to Simferopol (capital of Crimea) which is about 100 km from Sevastopol. Cost is about100 USD one way. From Simferopol to Sevastopol, you should only pay50 USD (250 Ukrainian grivna) for a taxi (they will try to gouge you for LOTS more). There is also a bus, which I don't know anything about.
    August is the big holiday month, so you will need to plan ahead...as soon as you get to Kiev.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sevastopol'