Travel Answers
Sestriere

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra (prov di Novara)

Intra Mar 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra Italy

Intra Mar 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Wedding in Sestriere??

by Skibunny7 Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Hi all, I'm planning my wedding in Sestriere at the moment and could do with any info or tips you could provide! I'm heading there with the H2B in Jan 2012 to meet wedding planners etc but would love some first hand experience advice.
      Thanks!

• Do you know ViaLattea?

by mikelag Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 6:13 AM

Many friends of mine told that ViaLattea in sestriere is the best italian spot to snowboard and meet cool peolple.
      Is there somebody who can give me more ideas about this place?
      Where to go if i dont want to ski (musem, resort etc)
      I got some good Info in www.vialatte.it/en , but i would like to have some opinion from people who actually went there recently
      Have a good day

1 Answer Mar 30, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    • Sestriere or ?

by Gezza123 Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 2:45 AM

I went to La Thuile in March 2010 for a week of skiing, and really enjoyed it. The only downside was possibly the lack of nightlife.

I am ready to go skiing again, and was just wondering whether it may not be better to go to Livigno or Sestriere (or somewhere else) this year? I am an intermediate skier, forty-something, and am looking for some ideas and inspiration, without completely destroying the bank balance!

5 Answers Jan 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    • Supermarket

by stu68y Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Does anyone know the location of a supermarket in or near Sestriere? We are staying at a self-catering resort (Palace Residence I) and want to stock up for those times we won't be eating out.

1 Answer Feb 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    • sestriere

by syilaghazali Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 4:00 AM

hi... me and my 16 family members will be going to sestriere from 30/11/2009 until the 8/12/2009.. we will be staying in palace residence..

1) does anyone have any comment regarding the resort
      2) is there any shopping area nearby (hypermarket etc)
      3) is it snowing now in sestriere
      4) how to spent my whole 1 week there

thank you

1 Answer Nov 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    • Sestriere in the Summer

by kat50 Online Now Feb 11, 2004 at 6:24 AM

Hi, Ok all the travel books assure me there is lots to do in Sestriere in the summer, but they then go on to only describe the winter activities. I'm sure I will be happy to just hang out in the beautiful mountains, but does anyone have any suggestions for day trips, outings or adventures. We are organizing a family reunion there in June and I would love to have suggestions for the family members on what to do. Ages range from 1 to 60. Have heard there is horseback riding and white water rafting in the area, anyone recommend any companies to go with? Appreciate any info. Aloha from a Hawaii resident enjoying Europe for a few years :)

1 Answer Feb 12, 2004 at 3:42 AM
    • matthewss's Profile Photo

Transport from Milan Bergamo Airport to Sestriere

by matthewss Online Now Feb 11, 2004 at 4:25 AM

Hi, I am travelling with a group of freinds to Sestriere on Friday 20th February 2004 and would like to know how easy it is to get public transport from Milan Bergamo airport to Sestriere. I am having difficulties reading some of the Italian websites and am a little confused as to whether a bus ride or train journey is the best option. Can anyone help? Many thanks, Steve ;-)

10 Answers Feb 17, 2004 at 3:11 AM