Sestri Levante

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safe location for one night

Genoa Apr 17, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Hi, I have read Genoa can be dicey at night. We are staying just one night before getting train to Levanto.
      We love eating out in authentic restaurants, so, looking for safe accommodation near good (authentic/local) restaurants

Thanks

more
    • car service

La Spezia Apr 4, 2015 at 4:14 PM

car service from Pisa airport to La Spezia

more
    • waterdrop's Profile Photo

bus to the Lardarina

Corniglia Apr 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM

is there a bus that runs to & from the Lardarina in Corniglia?

more
    • Places to visit in Liguria

Liguria Apr 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Hello everyone!

I am planning on staying in Liguria for a full week in May. We chose Rapallo as a base city to stay in and travel around the region from there since we will have a car. We already visited the area a few years ago and really enjoyed our time. We visited beautiful places like Santa Margherita, Camogli, and Portofino.

We're wondering this time what to visit and where to go. We have a feeling that the region offers a lot more than the main highlights I mention above and need your valuable input and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for making our (second) trip to Liguria a memorable one!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

more
    • Lavender field and wineries

Liguria Apr 5, 2015 at 8:41 AM

Hi,

I wonder if there is any lavender field and/or wineries in the Liguria region. We will stay in Levanto and visit CT park but is also interested in lavender field and wineries.

I've searched on Google and some say it is impossible to find lavender in Italy and some say I can.
      Anyone here?

We will be there in the middle of May.

more
    • Hotel in Cinque Terre or Levanto

Liguria Mar 30, 2015 at 2:11 AM

I´m going to Cinque Terre in the middle of May and has been looking for at hotel in one of the five villages, preferable Monterosso. But that was a difficult task so now we have been looking outside the park, ie Levanto.
      Is it okay to stay in Levanto or is it wrong decision to stay there?
      Is Cinque Terre easy accessible from Levanto? Is the Cinque Terre rail pass valid from Levanto to Cinque Terre? Is Levanto a nice city?

Anyone who have a hotel to recommend in Cinque Terre and/or Levanto?
      A hotel which is not listed on the big booking sites…

more
    • santa margherita ligure to nice

Santa Margherita Ligure Yesterday

Hi i would like to buy a train ticket from santa margherita to nice however Trenitalia doesnt list Santa Margherita Ligure. Does it go by another name or is there another website i could book on?

more
    • Renting a Car in Sestri Levante

by marpooh Online Now Oct 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I will be traveling to Varese Ligure from Sestri Levante. What is the best transportation - bus or car? I would need to rent a car.

1 Answer Oct 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    • Number of platforms at Sestri Levante station

by Hetty52 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 2:41 AM

We have a change of trains at Sestri Levante station with only 13 minute connection time.
      Is the Station at Sestri Levante station a big station, are there a lot of platforms?

2 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 3:27 AM
    • ferry from San Fruttuoso/Portofino back to Sestri L.

by mizsi3 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Hi,

I found on this website (traghettiportofino.it/index....) that there
      is a ferry from Sestri to San Fruttouso at 9.00 and 14.15. But what about the return trip? When do ferries depart from San Fruttuoso / Portofino back to Sestri?
      Thanks in advance for the answer.

1 Answer Jul 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • Traveling fFROM Florence

by Levante Online Now Nov 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I am arriving in Florence, Italy, by air. How can I find transportation to Sestri Levante, and what would be the cost? Will be traveling alone, so need fairly simple directions. Do not speak Italian ,only English.

2 Answers Nov 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    • Baggage storage?

by davidthayward Online Now May 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Anyone know if there is temporary baggage at the Sestri Levante train station?

1 Answer May 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    • so i have a week, will be carless, and don't speak italian

by greenprof Online Now Apr 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

going to park here and do day trips as the whole carless thing is hard and i have a ton of crap i have to lug around as i am doing a long work trip before and after in florence and a few other big cities. i want to see cinque terra but not be in the heart of tourist land. ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF. ; )
      a week!

6 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    • Parking in Setri Levante

by nathalie1979 Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi, we are planning a few days in Sestri Levante. We will come by car and I was wondering if there is a few parkings in SL ? and what are the prices

Thanks !

PS. what about the beach in SL, how much costs the long chairs ?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    • ROME TO SESTERILEVANTE

by drpuneetanand Online Now May 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I WANT TO REACH SESTERI LEVANTE EARLY IN THE MORNING FROM ROME,KINDLY HELP ME WITH THE EURO RAIL SCHEDULE,WEATHER CAN I LEAVE ROME LATE AT NIGHT & REACH SESTERI LEVANTE EARLY IN THE MORNING OR ANYTHING ELSE.
      THANKS,
      PA

1 Answer May 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

HELP! Looking for charming, inexpensive hotel or B&B right by the sea in SL... impossible??!

by bettyo70 Online Now May 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're planning a 7-night trip this September and wanted to base ourselves in Sestri Levante.

Is it impossible to find a place right near the sea in SL without paying a lot of money?

We prefer a cute, charming place.

Thank you / Grazie!

1 Answer Sep 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    • railway stations at Trigoso, Setri Levante and Levanto

by falpha Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 4:35 PM

We will be staying in the hills just south of Sestri Levante in August this year (yes next month!) I need to know if there is a railway station at Trigoso (as this is the closest town)? I believe parking will be hard to find at the railway stations...what is the chance of finding parking in the streets while walking the Cinque Terre tracks? We have a car and can drive from accommodation to the station but will need to park the car (a must). Canm anyone help please?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    • Hotel Jolanda????

by kbrown777 Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 6:58 AM

I'm planning a trip to Sestri Levante in September. So far, the Hotel Jolanda (one star) has the best price. Does anyone know this hotel? I'm driving, so I need a place to park the rental car & an en suite single room. Cheap...sorry, inexpensive...is better. Any advice/suggestions very welcome.
      Thanks,
      Kathy

1 Answer Feb 24, 2008 at 9:03 AM
    • jogging/running

by shoregirl253 Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 12:11 PM

i am looking for jogging/running routes from sestri levante.
      i want to find one path that is about 4 miles or 8 km long and another that is 12 miles or 20 km long. can anyone make a suggestion?

• Getting to Sestri Levante from Turin

by Steamloco Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 6:22 PM

I have looked at the train timetable but puzzled through lack of detail. I have looked for a route map but the map section on Trenitalia refuses to open. Basically, are there direct trains for the above route? I thought I could read timetables but ..... Travelling in mid-April, incidentally. Thanks Hammers

3 Answers Feb 21, 2005 at 12:09 AM
    • Travel to Sestri Levante

by smfdcapt Online Now Nov 25, 2004 at 7:03 AM

I will be traveling to Sestri Levante in Sept 05 from Rome. I have family in Riva Trigoso I would love to meet. I was thinking of taking the train from Rome to La Spezia, but finding a way to get from there to Sestri Levante/Riva Trigoso has not been easy on the internet. Any suggestions. First trip to Italy, so it does not have to be the fastest way. Thanks, Mike

1 Answer Dec 1, 2004 at 1:32 AM
    • Hotel in Sestri Levante

by cl3150 Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 12:59 PM

I am planning on spending two days visiting the Cinque Terre and had considered staying in Sestri Levante during that time. Which hotels would one recommend there? We would like a deluxe or first class property. Its difficult to tell from the few online sites I have viewed. All suggestions are appreciated. We would be driving there, so parking is a requirement.

3 Answers May 17, 2004 at 9:50 AM
    • Travel from Genoa Airport to Sestri Levante

by pippart Online Now Jun 16, 2003 at 6:23 AM

What is the best and or cheapest way to get from Genoa Airport to Sestri Levante? We are travelling there on a Friday and returning on a Monday. There are quite a few of us travelling together.

1 Answer Jul 8, 2003 at 1:34 AM