Travel Answers
Sestri Levante

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ferry from San Fruttuoso/Portofino back to Sestri L.

by mizsi3 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Hi,

I found on this website (traghettiportofino.it/index....) that there
      is a ferry from Sestri to San Fruttouso at 9.00 and 14.15. But what about the return trip? When do ferries depart from San Fruttuoso / Portofino back to Sestri?
      Thanks in advance for the answer.

1 Answer Jul 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • Traveling fFROM Florence

by Levante Online Now Nov 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I am arriving in Florence, Italy, by air. How can I find transportation to Sestri Levante, and what would be the cost? Will be traveling alone, so need fairly simple directions. Do not speak Italian ,only English.

2 Answers Nov 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    • Baggage storage?

by davidthayward Online Now May 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Anyone know if there is temporary baggage at the Sestri Levante train station?

1 Answer May 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    • so i have a week, will be carless, and don't speak italian

by greenprof Online Now Apr 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

going to park here and do day trips as the whole carless thing is hard and i have a ton of crap i have to lug around as i am doing a long work trip before and after in florence and a few other big cities. i want to see cinque terra but not be in the heart of tourist land. ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF. ; )
      a week!

6 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    • Parking in Setri Levante

by nathalie1979 Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi, we are planning a few days in Sestri Levante. We will come by car and I was wondering if there is a few parkings in SL ? and what are the prices

Thanks !

PS. what about the beach in SL, how much costs the long chairs ?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    • ROME TO SESTERILEVANTE

by drpuneetanand Online Now May 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I WANT TO REACH SESTERI LEVANTE EARLY IN THE MORNING FROM ROME,KINDLY HELP ME WITH THE EURO RAIL SCHEDULE,WEATHER CAN I LEAVE ROME LATE AT NIGHT & REACH SESTERI LEVANTE EARLY IN THE MORNING OR ANYTHING ELSE.
      THANKS,
      PA

1 Answer May 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

HELP! Looking for charming, inexpensive hotel or B&B right by the sea in SL... impossible??!

by bettyo70 Online Now May 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're planning a 7-night trip this September and wanted to base ourselves in Sestri Levante.

Is it impossible to find a place right near the sea in SL without paying a lot of money?

We prefer a cute, charming place.

Thank you / Grazie!

1 Answer Sep 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    • railway stations at Trigoso, Setri Levante and Levanto

by falpha Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 4:35 PM

We will be staying in the hills just south of Sestri Levante in August this year (yes next month!) I need to know if there is a railway station at Trigoso (as this is the closest town)? I believe parking will be hard to find at the railway stations...what is the chance of finding parking in the streets while walking the Cinque Terre tracks? We have a car and can drive from accommodation to the station but will need to park the car (a must). Canm anyone help please?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    • Hotel Jolanda????

by kbrown777 Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 6:58 AM

I'm planning a trip to Sestri Levante in September. So far, the Hotel Jolanda (one star) has the best price. Does anyone know this hotel? I'm driving, so I need a place to park the rental car & an en suite single room. Cheap...sorry, inexpensive...is better. Any advice/suggestions very welcome.
      Thanks,
      Kathy

1 Answer Feb 24, 2008 at 9:03 AM
    • jogging/running

by shoregirl253 Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 12:11 PM

i am looking for jogging/running routes from sestri levante.
      i want to find one path that is about 4 miles or 8 km long and another that is 12 miles or 20 km long. can anyone make a suggestion?

• Getting to Sestri Levante from Turin

by Steamloco Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 6:22 PM

I have looked at the train timetable but puzzled through lack of detail. I have looked for a route map but the map section on Trenitalia refuses to open. Basically, are there direct trains for the above route? I thought I could read timetables but ..... Travelling in mid-April, incidentally. Thanks Hammers

3 Answers Feb 21, 2005 at 12:09 AM
    • Travel to Sestri Levante

by smfdcapt Online Now Nov 25, 2004 at 7:03 AM

I will be traveling to Sestri Levante in Sept 05 from Rome. I have family in Riva Trigoso I would love to meet. I was thinking of taking the train from Rome to La Spezia, but finding a way to get from there to Sestri Levante/Riva Trigoso has not been easy on the internet. Any suggestions. First trip to Italy, so it does not have to be the fastest way. Thanks, Mike

1 Answer Dec 1, 2004 at 1:32 AM
    • Hotel in Sestri Levante

by cl3150 Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 12:59 PM

I am planning on spending two days visiting the Cinque Terre and had considered staying in Sestri Levante during that time. Which hotels would one recommend there? We would like a deluxe or first class property. Its difficult to tell from the few online sites I have viewed. All suggestions are appreciated. We would be driving there, so parking is a requirement.

3 Answers May 17, 2004 at 9:50 AM
    • Travel from Genoa Airport to Sestri Levante

by pippart Online Now Jun 16, 2003 at 6:23 AM

What is the best and or cheapest way to get from Genoa Airport to Sestri Levante? We are travelling there on a Friday and returning on a Monday. There are quite a few of us travelling together.

1 Answer Jul 8, 2003 at 1:34 AM