Sestri Levante Travel Answers

change location

Parking in Setri Levante

by nathalie1979 Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi, we are planning a few days in Sestri Levante. We will come by car and I was wondering if there is a few parkings in SL ? and what are the prices

Thanks !

PS. what about the beach in SL, how much costs the long chairs ?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Parking in Setri Levante

by mccalpin Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 7:55 AM

sestri-levante.net/index.php...
    will show you the parking lots in Sestri Levante.

Note that many of these lots are intended to be short term lots - I saw on a city website that the lots that in many cases here are marked "a pagamento" (paid parking) are something like 1.50 euro per hour, which will start to add up for all day.

Do I understand that you are staying in the area? In that case, I would suggest that you contact the place you are intending to stay and ask them for a good, long term lot.

Also, Sestri Levante also has ZTLs (limited traffic zones) and limited parking zones (i.e., only for residents, as well as pedestrian-only streets. I would encourage you to ask to soon-to-be host about the safest way to drive their location as well...this is described at
    comune.sestri-levante.ge.it/...
    but only in Italian.

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Re: Parking in Setri Levante

by Ldeck3 Online Now Sep 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I was just in Sestri Levante and the center of town does not lend to parking. Most is pedestrian. On the bay of silence there is a beach that is free. On the other side on the Bay of Fairies there are pay beaches. The water is not as nice and it looked crowded and windy. I recommend the bay of silence. The hotel Helvetia is awesome. Just like the webpage. A wonderful village to relax in after a great trip to busy Lucca and the summer festival.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines