Sestri Levante Travel Answers

change location

railway stations at Trigoso, Setri Levante and Levanto

by falpha Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 4:35 PM

We will be staying in the hills just south of Sestri Levante in August this year (yes next month!) I need to know if there is a railway station at Trigoso (as this is the closest town)? I believe parking will be hard to find at the railway stations...what is the chance of finding parking in the streets while walking the Cinque Terre tracks? We have a car and can drive from accommodation to the station but will need to park the car (a must). Canm anyone help please?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: railway stations at Trigoso, Setri Levante and Levanto

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Well, the Trenitalia website says that there is a station at Trigoso (although the website says it is called 'Riva Trigoso'). www.viamichelin.com puts the station on the Via Aurelia south of Sestri Levante (not too clear where Trigoso actually is), and just northeast of Riva Trigoso (which is on the sea, as you would expect from the name).

It is a small station, and I suspect that most trains along this route don't stop there...but if you'll look at the trenitalia website (www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html), you'll see that trains that stop at Riva Trigoso and the Cinque Terre (that is, all 5 towns) runs irregularly about once an hour.

Parking? I haven't a clue, sorry.

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RicardoBA's Profile Photo

Re: railway stations at Trigoso, Setri Levante and Levanto

by RicardoBA Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM

If you drive to Levanto,then there is plenty of parking at the train station. They have two lots;the one below the station is cheaper and larger.
    For free street parking, then it would be quite a challenge since most is given to residents

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines