Travel Answers
Serengeti National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a good beach resort?

Zanzibar Island Dec 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We want to book +- 4 days at a beach resort in Zanzibar (after a short stay in Stone Town). We'll be going next year first week of June (after a 2 week safari ).
      I'm looking for: nice (preferable harass free ) beach, possibility to swim in the see, hotel with clean rooms with sea view, nice and clean pool, restaurants with à la carte possibility (preferably no buffets), possibility to book boat (and other ) tours with a preference for smaller hotels. Has anyone been to such a Zanzibar beach hotel (price range similar to Blue bay Beach resort which was proposed by the local agent but which seems to have reviews ranging from good to awfull)

more
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Tanzania May

Tanzania Nov 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM

We're looking into a trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar next year. Plan would be to visit serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Manyara, Tarangire the last 2 weeks of May and then 1st week of June off to Zanzibar. I know this is the end of wet season so I'm trying to assess what this means in practice. Does it rain all day?

more
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Salary for a Safari guide on private safari

Tanzania Nov 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Hi, we are four people going for 10 days private safari to four big parks in Tanzania. Does anyone know how high are the wages of the safari guides? How much should we pay to our guide for 10 days? He is self-employed.

more
    • The Mara River Area

by wallacehughes Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Am I allowed to drive there in a safari truck & sleep in the truck over night?

2 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • Looking for travel partners for a Serengeti Safari Tour in April

by melindal Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Hi!

We are two students from Sweden planning on doing a safari tour in Serengeti and the Ngorogoro crater for 5-6 days starting around 10-12th of April 2014. We are looking for travel partners for this safari tour, since it is cheaper the more you go on the safari. We have started looking at different tour operators but have not decided on a specific one yet and are open for suggestions on operators.

Please let us know if anyone is interested in joining us for this amazing trip!
      Best,
      Melinda

14 Answers May 29, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • ShaheenSiddiqui's Profile Photo

Serengeti migration

by ShaheenSiddiqui Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I want to take a close look of the migratory animals even in the restricted areas. Money is no problem but how do I get special permission and all. What are the procedures.

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    • ShaheenSiddiqui's Profile Photo

Serengeti migration

by ShaheenSiddiqui Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Why are horses not allowed withen the Serengeti migration area? Why is it limited to only outside the area?

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • jjmusgrove's Profile Photo

Packing Advice

by jjmusgrove Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM

What is the single most important thing to pack that is not on the usual lists?

7 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    • Serenteti National Park & Kilimanjaro National Park

by GladysP Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hi, I'm planning to go to Serengeti and Mount Kilimajarao in July. Is this a good season to go to see a lot of animals? Is it possible to travel there and book the sapharies with local companies? or it is better to arrange everything before travelling there. I'm traveling from Canada and I want to go on a low budget trip. Please advise. Thank you.

7 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • DinkaYa's Profile Photo

Need help with accomodation during safari

by DinkaYa Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend are 2 women aged 30, traveling to a safari with Sabastian from www.sokoadventure.com. Initially we booked 4 nights in tents, camp sites, but recently I've been warned by quite a few people by possible insects and parasites and everybody are warmly recommending to stay in something that is not a tent.
      Sabastian told us that the next option is 190USD per night per person, considering that we have 4 nights there, it sounds like an astronomic amount...

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
      Dina

7 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    • smarion's Profile Photo

serengeti in august - looking for best local agency for authentic tour

by smarion Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

ciao to all,
      we are a group of 3 planning to go to the serengeti for the great migration in august 2012. we are looking for an authentic experience, not seeking luxury or "standardized" tours. We would like to contact a local agency that can provide not only a personalized tour but also at the same time that guarantees THE BEST GUIDES. We have just got back from Galapagos and Amazonas in Ecuador and the guides indeed made the difference to us.

thanks for any hint!
      Mary

6 Answers Apr 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    • Good safari companies?

by lyall90 Online Now Dec 1, 2011 at 3:52 AM

Next June i will be in Tanzania carrying out volunteering work in a hospital in Mwanz and i'm interested in going on Safari in the Serengeti afterwards. Does anyone have any advice on what Safari companies to choose or has anyone used a good one in the past? I'm not on a huge budget probably about £500. Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 3, 2011 at 3:05 AM
    • accomodation for a short safari on late july

by TataOttoni Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Hi guys,

I would like some advice on accomodation (lodge) well located to see the great migration on late july.

Can anybody give me some tips?

Thanks,

Thaís

• Tsetse Fy Dangers

by foxjo1 Online Now May 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Have any members had problems with Tsetse flies in the Serengeti?

5 Answers May 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    • Re: a visit to serengeti national park

by monica.reyes Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Hi there,

I will be traveling soon to tanzania and would like to visit the serengeti national park, ngorongoro on the way as well as lake manyara and tarangire national park.

Can anyone please tell me how to get there!? and any reliable tour operator in arusha?

Thanks,
      Monica

5 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 12:04 AM
    • RE: EL PARQUE NACIONAL SERENGETI

by silviana.silvanus Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Hola todos,

Me gustaria hacer una visita al parque nacional serengeti entre junio y agosto; me gustaria saber cual es el mejor tiempo para llegar y ver animales, tambien me gustaria llegar hasta tarangire, lago manyara y el crater ngorongoro. una buena empresa recomendada para safaris? gracias por la informacion

Un saludo,
      Silviana

2 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Serengeti super wildlife is there in mid-September?

by nikoskaps Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hi there!
      I'll be in Tanzania mid-September, and I'm trying to decide to visit Serengeti or not (cost-wise), since much of the wildlife usually is suposed to have migrated to Masai Mara, if I got it right.
      I'll be travelling to Ngorongoro and Mikumi anyway, and I'm wondering if it is sensible to skip the extra cost of booking Serengeti, if it is not the right time for good game viewing.
      Any opinions or experiences, please?
      Many thanks!
      Nikolas

9 Answers Aug 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    • Possible to see the wildebeest migration from Tanzania

by baque Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to see the wildebeest migration crossing the Mara river from the Tanzania side? My family and I living in Jo'burg want to take advantage of the upcoming long weekend in August and go see this nature's marvel. Problem is flying to Kenya is almost impossible (most flights are fully booked or outrageously expensive, so apparently a good option would be flying to Dar es Salam, Tanzania. But not sure how to take it from there. Any advice?

6 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    • self drive from johannesburg to serengeti

by kyl1975 Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

hi all
      i would like to know if anybody could assist me in a self drive tour from johannesburg through mocambique, tanzania into kenya?
      on accomodation en route and places to visit!we are planning to depart mid august 2010 and returning mid september 2010!
      we will be travelling in a landrover defender and would like to know if anybody else will be departing from johannesburg around the same time to view the migration of wilderbeest in serengeti!
      please let me know if you know of anybody who has done this route before and what we should expect!

6 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    • self drive trip of Serengeti

by ralees Online Now Nov 16, 2009 at 5:00 AM

We are planning to travel with our daughter and partner in March 2010 spending 4 or 5 days driving from Arusha to Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti NP. We have a toyota landcruiser 4X4 equipped with tents and all camping equipment. Is it safe for us to do this without a guide and are there sufficient public camping grounds for us to stay in the park. I believe the South East is good at this time of year.Is it too cold to camp at Simba campsite?Would we be better to base ourselves at Seronera campsite? I have heard that Rhino Lodge would be a good budget lodge option if the tent is not suitable. Can anyone advise please?

6 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 1:19 AM
    • 3 day safari for 450 USD if we add 2 more people

by koenhogenelst Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Dear all,

We are 2 Dutch students traveling through Tanzania. From a Canadian couple we met on the road we received a recommendation to do a 3 day serengeti/ngorongoro safari with sokadventures.com. After emailing this company they offer me a price of 600 dollar per person if we go with the 2 of us, but if we find 2 other persons the price drops to 450 US dollar per person.

The plan is to do the safari the end of this month, that is October 26, 27 and 28. You can contact me at koenhogenelst@gmail.com or call me on +256784488795.

The program for 3 days camping safari.
      Day 1:
      0700am, then drive from Arusha to Serengeti game en route with
      Lunch boxes, Enjoy the afternoon and evening game drive around the park,
      dinner and overnight at Seronera Campsite.
      Day 2:
      Early morning sun rise game drive around Serengeti National park, then
      drive to the campsite for branch before making your way to
      Ngorongoro at the Simba campsite (on the rim of the crater) for dinner
      and overnight.
      Day 3:
      After breakfast then descend in to the crater floor for the crater tour
      with pick nick lunch boxes, then later drive back to Arusha where tour
      ends..

The price will include:
      1 Transportation with fuel (Toyota Land cruiser with open roof)
      2. All park entry fees, camping fees and crater fees.
      3. Driver guide speaking good English.
      4. Mineral drinking water, no limit.
      5. Professional cook.
      6. 3 meals while on safari (Breakfast, Lunch (Packed lunch boxes) Dinner.
      7. Camping equipments, tables, chairs, and matresses.

The price will not include:
      Personal items, Beverages , sleeping bags and Tips

Best Wishes,
      Koen and Marijn

1 Answer Oct 19, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    • suzieque59's Profile Photo

Weather in early June?

by suzieque59 Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I am planning on going on safari in Tanzania in early June (June 6-16)2010. What weather can I expect? Any rain? Chilly nights? Is this an OK time to see the wildlife? Is it past the rainy season? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
      Suzie
      sprovo@apr.com

3 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Serengeti, Eyasi

by nuppe Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 4:25 AM

I plan a travel to Tanzania next year(January-March) and wonder if it is possible and not insensible to make a trip that starts in Serengeti, maybe Ndutu and after a few days move towards "hadza territory" close to Lake Eyasi. Or would it maybe be better to start such a trip in Lake Manyara National Park. Could any of the routes be combined with trekking? (I guess I only have a short week.)

5 Answers Dec 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    • Accommodation in Ngorongoro.

by natx127 Online Now May 9, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Hello,
      I am planning the trip to Ngorongoro. Do you recommend me to find the accommodation before departing or we can look for it from Dar es Salaam. Also, which is the way to move around the different camps sites and lodges? Do you have some to suggest?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 28, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    • Serengeti safari company!

by EvaKristina Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Hi,

We´re planning on going on a safari in Serengeti in April and have been in touch with two companies: Go2africa and ZedAway. Does anyone know anything about them?
      What is a "normal" price for a 5 days safari with midrange lodging? (ZedAway is offering one at USD 1150 and another one at USD 1400.)

Kristina

5 Answers May 18, 2008 at 6:58 AM
    • Babzz's Profile Photo

When to go??

by Babzz Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to go on an African safari next year. I haven't booked one yet, but I was thinking of going around June. What is the wildlife status in the park at this time? I was hoping to catch the migration and from what I've been reading it seems that the herds should be moving north through the park towards the masai mara at this time. Is this correct?

Essentially I am looking for advice on when to go(I'm still pretty flexible)and which park is better for wildlife viewing and when.

Thank you for all input!

8 Answers Oct 8, 2006 at 9:15 PM
    • Location of 2006 migration first two weeks August

by sls34103 Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 9:42 AM

I am bringing my two sons to Tanzania in early August. Based on this year's rains and current location of the migration, where should we expect the bulk of the migration to be at that time? Is there a good site to track the migration in real time? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Apr 27, 2010 at 4:51 AM
    • best safari company serengeti

by andriane5 Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 6:59 AM

We are planning to go to Tanzania and Mozambique on Honeymoon this August. Can anyone suggest a company to go on safari with in the Serengeti? We cannot afford to stay in the luxury lodges and realise self-drive/ camping isn't an option. However we do not want to be in a large overland group. Thanks in advance.

5 Answers May 17, 2006 at 7:51 AM
    • best safari company serengeti

by andriane5 Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 4:31 AM

We are planning to go to Tanzania and Mozambique on Honeymoon this August. Can anyone suggest a company to go on safari with in the Serengeti? We cannot afford to stay in the luxury lodges and realise self-drive/ camping isn't an option. However we do not want to be in a large overland group. Thanks in advance.

• theworldthrukidseyes's Profile Photo

Serengeti with 3 kids in mid January-mid Feb

by theworldthrukidseyes Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 4:58 PM

We are leaving for an around the world trip with our 3 kids, ages 14,12 and 5. We will spend 6 weeks in kenya and tanzania. I have this gut feeling that the kids are going to hate "driving around all day looking for animals' We live near Yellowstone National Park and hear the same lament yearly. In an ideal situation we would stay at a nice lodge, with a fun pool, where the animals are nearby and there are other children to play with. Am i dreaming? Also, where are the animals this time of year. If i mess this safari gig up, I will have a high price to pay with unhappy children and a disappointed husband. The country seems so vast and the options so many.

5 Answers Jan 2, 2006 at 12:53 AM
    • Serengeti Self Drive

by celberti Online Now May 31, 2005 at 8:34 PM

Three friends and I are interested in visiting Serengeti NP for 5-6 days next May and we're wondering about the feasibility of a self-drive/camping in the park... sans guide. Has anyone done this? Any pointers?

Thanks,
      Chuck

3 Answers Oct 14, 2005 at 6:27 PM
    • english1111's Profile Photo

volunteer???

by english1111 Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 7:19 PM

My Girlfriend and I are interested in volunteering for ANY TYPE of a program in or near the Serengeti. We have found websites that charge 3-5 thousand dollars, but want our to go directly to the locals/village, not to some internet company. Does anybody know of a village or organization that could use 4 helping hands for a few weeks? We have no date set to go, but know that we also want to do a serengeti tour sometime during our trip. You can reply here or to english1111@yahoo.com

7 Answers Mar 30, 2005 at 4:45 AM
    • Serengeti

by paramdham Online Now Dec 25, 2002 at 5:55 AM

Hi, I am going in two days to Serengeti. Could you please help with weather info and entrance fees? Yours sincerely Param

3 Answers Mar 12, 2003 at 12:44 AM