Serengeti National Park Travel Answers

change location

Serenteti National Park & Kilimanjaro National Park

by GladysP Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hi, I'm planning to go to Serengeti and Mount Kilimajarao in July. Is this a good season to go to see a lot of animals? Is it possible to travel there and book the sapharies with local companies? or it is better to arrange everything before travelling there. I'm traveling from Canada and I want to go on a low budget trip. Please advise. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Serenteti National Park & Kilimanjaro National Park

by Homanded Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hello and welcome to VT Gladys.

Serengeti, low budget do not exactly go together. Tanzania is expensive (more so than Kenya even) and because of the time of year which you plan on going - peak season for migration - some of the highest rates will apply.
    Additionally, most animals will have begun moving from the Tanzania/Serengeti plains into the Mara so chances are you will indeed see a lot of animals or at least, the tail end of the great herds.
    With the movement of the herds of course the carnivores follow.

We went in September - after the animals had already crossed into the Mara or Kenya side and were quite pleased.
    Also, we avoided the crowds of people this way.
    As to Kilimanjaro, we visited it on the Amboselli side of Kenya.

I hope this helps,

Homer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KaribuTz's Profile Photo

by KaribuTz Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Hi there,
    June is certainly the best season in Serengeti,to see predators...Yes it is possible to book a safari with local companies,find them.Thank you.

• Natalie_Infinite's Profile Photo

by Natalie_Infinite Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

In addition to the answers here: Especially if you want to visit the Ngorogoro Crater, too you should arrange your permits beforehand. Only 40 jeeps a day are allowed and lot of companies offer both parks together.

• Re: Serenteti National Park & Kilimanjaro National Park

by catewinslet Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

My friends and I have booked Mount Kilimanjaro climb and safari with a local company based in Arusha, prices are reasonable but we won't be going to Serengeti. We will visit Tarangire, Lake Eyasi and Ngorongoro

• zanzibarman's Profile Photo

by zanzibarman Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Hello,
    I think to go there and arrange everything some time it gonna cost you but i think you try that too and also there is something I know he lives in up state new york . He goes to climb Mt kilimanjaro every four to 5 months. He talks students and business people to Kilimanjaro and safari. His name is Protus Mayunga tel 845 688 0058 . Call him and talk to him and tell him if I give you this information. Good luck

by JordiCanals Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Hi,
    We would like to share with you the video we took at Serengeti: 11 lions hunting a buffalo, who is finally defended by a herd of elephants!
    youtube.com/watch?v=K1LpMYT5...

by JordiCanals Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Hi,
    We would like to share with you the video we took at Serengeti: 11 lions hunting a buffalo, who is finally defended by a herd of elephants!
    youtube.com/watch?v=K1LpMYT5...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Serengeti National Park