Serengeti National Park Travel Answers

change location

Re: a visit to serengeti national park

by monica.reyes Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Hi there,

I will be traveling soon to tanzania and would like to visit the serengeti national park, ngorongoro on the way as well as lake manyara and tarangire national park.

Can anyone please tell me how to get there!? and any reliable tour operator in arusha?

Thanks,
Monica

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Re: a visit to serengeti national park

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Hi
    As a start, type in 'Serengeti' into the box at the top right hand side of the screen and then click on 'Go'. This will bring you to the Serengeti section of the Tanzania travel pages. Do the same thing for 'Ngorongoro', 'Lake Manyara', 'Tangarire' and so on ...
    Regards
    Cathy
    P.S. Your posting is almost identical to one earlier today by Silvania - are you travelling together, or is it just coincidence?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: a visit to serengeti national park

by monica.reyes Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Hi,

We will be traveling together that is why; all in all your information has been so helpful.. thank you so much!.

• petersnice's Profile Photo

by petersnice Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 7:09 AM

You'll need to hire an off-road car to get to Serengeti (Ngorongoro, Manyara and Tarangire are kinda on the way). You can also fly to Serengeti, but that would mean skipping other national parks.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to drive yourself around NPs in Tanzania (I think not) but I'd advise against that anyway - having a guide is more than worthy.

Arusha is full of tour operators and I believe majority of them are decent. Browse thru past posts about Tanzania at the forum to find recommendations.

Oh, and probably the best way to reach Arusha from overseas is to fly to Nairobi, then get a shuttle to Arusha.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hi Monica

I responded to Silviana in the "other" thread. Pretty sure I got the translation right. Hope it helps.....d:o)

• TrvlAfrika's Profile Photo

by TrvlAfrika Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Jambo

Contact Mark with info@oldonyolengaisafaris.co.tz and tell him Debbie sent you. I have lived in Africa over 15yrs, just moving to Kenya from Tanzania where I lived for 5yrs. I was with a group of 18 persons, a few from Virtual Tourist and we had a great time. We are now grouping to do the Kenya Migration in July.....any "Safari Seekers" contact me. Asante sana

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Serengeti National Park