Seoul Travel Answers

change location

SEOUL APRIL 2012

by JulieHon Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Hi ALL,

I'm very new in this forum :-))

I had booked my ticket (1st time) free n easy trip to Seoul with one of my girl friend from 16 April - 21 April 2012

Places that i'm interested to visit like visiting Palaces, walking around popular areas..like Insa-dong,Myeongdong, Dongdaemoon, Namsangol Hanok Village, Namsangol Park..wanna see the Cherry blossoms heard that is around early April –Mid April, going to the N Seoul Tower..and a day to Everland too :-))

Namsan Guest House located at ?? any suggestion ??

Did most of the Korean can speak English ? younger people, especially college students, for directions..

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

Re: SEOUL APRIL 2012

by yvr Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I found that communication was slightly difficult with Koreans, after all you are in their country where English is not the first language. Younger students tended to speak a bit more than the older generation. I did find that very few menus in restaurants are in English, that said I don't think you will have that difficult of a time communicating.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Not so many people speak English, yet people are incredibly helpful. On our first visit every time we took out a map people flocked to help us. I am sure you will cope. Get around using the underground. You can follow English on screen instructions on the ticket machine to get the ticket and underground maps are in English.

You may want to do a day trip to Suwon. It is outside Seoul but you can go there on the underground. It has well preserved city walls and gates.

• shud's Profile Photo

by shud Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I've been there last year May, and I am going again this year April (ah, my last day on the 16th).
    Namsan GH is near to Myeongdong Subway Station(Line 4). You can always go to their website for full detail on how to get there (i believe they can arrange pickup from airport)
    Some Korean do speaks English, but don't count on "young people can speaks English". It may be surprise you when some younger one don't know English at all, yet the old folk is able to help you when you speak simple English.
    My advice, before you go outing everyday, get full information from the guesthouse where you are staying ; how to go there, which line to take, which station to stops, it is easier than you stops people on the road to ask your way.
    If you for any reason need ask people around, make it in very simple English, show map of the place that you want to go. There will be Information Center in most of subway station, you can ask them too, but I have to warn you, they are very nice and willing to help you in every possible way,some speaks good English but some don't speak English, so, good luck.
    Some tips (I also get this from the internet, just sharing), some palaces is closed on Mondays and some closed on Tuesdays, so check it first before you go, or else you can only snap the entrance picture :(. And I heard that Yeouido park is the nicest place to see cherry blossom (I did not go before, but this time, I will make a trip there).
    And that's all, hope this help

• Re: SEOUL APRIL 2012

by JulieHon Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Tks for your infor..:-)

enjoy ur trip n have fun !!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Seoul