Seoul Travel Answers

change location

Need help finding/choosing motel/hotel in Itaewon area

by Showstopper Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 5:32 AM

Hello all:

I have been reading the forums for a few days now and based on the comments and opinions, I still have not decided where to stay...I plan on visiting Seoul on Dec. 9-16. I need help in choosing which hotel or motel to choose from. I am a female traveling alone and would like to feel safe and affordable wherever I decide to sleep. I prefer staying in the Itaewon area because I have friends that live very near this area and would like to stay close.

I have read reviews for the following:

Hamilton Hotel
Hotel Itaewon
Crown Hotel
Capital Hotel
Rainbow Hotel
Seoul Motel
Hilltop Motel

I was going to choose Rainbow Motel, but based on my dates, it seems that they hiked the price up to111/night! For that price, I would rather stay at a bigger hotel. Anyway, can someone please help me narrow down which one to choose? Are there any other "good value" motels near the ones I've listed? I would prefer free Internet in the room with a decent bathroom (must have), but if no free Internet, then ok. The more amenities for less price the better! I just need help because I can't seem to make up my mind since all of the reviews are mixed! I keep wanting to just go ahead and fork out the high price of the Hamilton just because of the location and convenience. What do you think?

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Seoul